**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The apprehension over Peter Skoronski's arm length reminds me a lot of the panic around Joey Small Hands a couple years ago. So his arms are three quarters of an inch too short to be good? Stack two cellphones on top of each other, that's about the margin you're saying is going to break this guy's career?

Yeah not buying it. You can count his arm length is a knock against him, but discounting any chance of NFL success over it seems dramatic.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Who is calling DJ Moore is a "journeyman"? He's played for one team. This guy is imagining this army of Bears haters, but honestly I don't think anyone really cares. This team is an afterthought to the league, the Bears didn't even really matter during the draft except for when they donated Jalen Carter to the Eagles.

DeRp dErP dErPa dErPpPP

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who is calling DJ Moore is a "journeyman"? He's played for one team. This guy is imagining this army of Bears haters, but honestly I don't think anyone really cares. This team is an afterthought to the league, the Bears didn't even really matter during the draft except for when they donated Jalen Carter to the Eagles.
You're a fucking mess, man. I'd say that I hope things get better for you, but I don't. Lol.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The apprehension over Peter Skoronski's arm length reminds me a lot of the panic around Joey Small Hands a couple years ago. So his arms are three quarters of an inch too short to be good? Stack two cellphones on top of each other, that's about the margin you're saying is going to break this guy's career?

Yeah not buying it. You can count his arm length is a knock against him, but discounting any chance of NFL success over it seems dramatic.
Well let's see where the Titans play him, tackle or guard.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’re an insufferable whiny boy.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
DeRp dErP dErPa dErPpPP
Sorry but where is he wrong?
No one is calling DJ Moore a journeyman. Correction, 1 person on twitter called him a journeyman and insecure Bears fans got this completely random Packers fan trending for a clearly uninformed comment. This is like when @Black Rainbow makes a claim that everyone holds the same opinion that was held only by a singular poster. Always reminds me of this legendary post
Now i wouldn't say the Bears didn't matter during the draft because every team matters but the second they traded away the #1 overall, they just end up being lumped in with the rest of the non-contenders and teams who don't take the top talents. The only way they would have stayed a major storyline is if they took the top talent that they passed on.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

The Jalen Carter and Peter Skoronski situations are more nuanced than just saying that the Bears missed/should have drafted them.

Both of those players had perceived issues/limitations that teams had questions about league-wide. It wasn't just the Bears. Teams passed on both of them, not just the Bears. If Skoronski was the best T in the draft, why did Arizona trade back up and grab Paris Johnson Jr.? If Jalen Carter was the best 3tech or the best prospect in the draft, why didn't the teams in front of the Bears take him?

Because those teams are in a similar situation as the Bears. They're not very good, they have lots of needs, and they don't want to swing and miss. Take the sure thing now, while your team needs it. Take those bigger swings later, when your team has more talent and the blow of whiffing on a 1st rounder isn't going to be as impactful. If Jalen Carter does nothing, that's not going to ruin the Eagles.