**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah. Footwork and mechanics means little playing pitch and catch. Will have to translate when he’s reading the defense and getting pressured

Well this is the first step. The way you get comfortable is committing it to muscle memory and that takes the tedious reps in the offseason.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Well this is the first step. The way you get comfortable is committing it to muscle memory and that takes the tedious reps in the offseason.
It is the first step. We started hearing about his footwork and mechanics last off season too.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Yeah. Footwork and mechanics means little playing pitch and catch. Will have to translate when he’s reading the defense and getting pressured
He's training with some of the best trainers in the world presumably. I'm sure they have a lot of ways to mimick game situations. It won't be as good as the real thing but quarterbacks can progress a lot in the off-season.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How do you improve the quick passing in the off season?
I think the first step is getting adequate WR's. Fields had to rely on Dante Pettis and ESB as his only WR available all season last yr.
With actual professional WR's he has a chance to get familiar with, along with his own improvement, it's not homerism to expect improvement. Several publications are expecting him to be top 5 in the nfc.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is the first step. We started hearing about his footwork and mechanics last off season too.
His mechanics and feet were a lot better last year, he needs to be more consistent with like Remy said, reps.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

On Stevenson and Scott:

“You just go in there with your mentality," Stevenson said about facing a guy with 4.29 speed. "At the end of the day, you’ve got to make him do some things that he’s not used to doing. If he has 4.2 speed, you have to take him off his line. You have to make him do something out of the ordinary. When you approach him, that’s all you have to think about – just doing different things to get him out of his comfortability.”

Stevenson lined up against Scott four times (by my count). If it were a boxing match, Stevenson would have won by knockout.

“Definitely did good," Stevenson said. "I know he’s quick and I know he’s fast. Me being able to get my hands on him a couple of times kind of threw him off. I’m a little bit bigger than him so I don’t he definitely don’t want me to touch him. But he definitely did good with his releases off the line. He gave me some work today and I gave him some work today.”

Non-padded practices in May mean nothing. But as far as first impressions go, there wasn't a better day than the one Tyrique Stevenson had Friday.”

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Jacob Harris is at rookie mini camp as a vet tryout. He’s an athletic freak that UCF used as a WR and TE when he was in college. He was a mismatch when UCF could get him on a LB or strong safety.

He never broke through after being drafted by the Rams, but it is obvious why Poles wanted to take a look. He was a fourth round pick for LA.

• “Because it isn’t a Bears camp without a bunch of tight ends, notable tryouts include Jacob Breeland (who was a popular sleeper selection among draftniks a few years ago) and Jacob Harris. Harris is arguably the most interesting of the minicamp invites because he’s got some post-hype sleeper vibes as a hybrid developmental prospect. How about a Josh Harris sizzle reel for your Friday?”
  • That offensive guru Sean McVay didn’t figure out what to do with Harris should give me pause. But an ACL injury sidetracked his development. I’m willing to give Luke Getsy the benefit of the doubt and allow for him to find his own projects. At a minimum, this could be fun to follow.

1683376082365.png

Last edited:

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eberflus has been given a lot of good players to work with. By his own admission DE is not as critical in his system. The Bears need to demonstrably improve on defense. I know there were good reasons with the trades of roquan and quinn but last year was pathetic.
He is saying that cause he dosnt have any

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Is Justin Fields This Year's Jalen Hurts?

2. CHI - Justin Fields 'making strides' as a passer

Source: ProFootballTalk.com - Myles Simmons

Chicago Bears QB Justin Fields has looked stronger in his rhythm and timing so far this spring, according to head coach Matt Eberflus during his presser Friday, May 5.'Obviously, the priority is the passing game. We ran the ball very well (last year). But we all know that we've got to improve in the passing game. Part of that is the rhythm and timing. That's the footwork with Justin. He's been really working on that, really good - in terms of the quick pass, drop-back pass, movement passes. And he's really made some big strides in that area, coming so far on his own, and now coming into the Phase II, that first week,' Eberflus said.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Fields is hoping to follow a path similar to what we saw from Eagles' QB Jalen Hurts. The Bears have added more talent around him in the passing game, and that should continue to help him grow as a passer. Fields is still dangerous as a runner, but he'll need to be a better passer to play up to his enormous potential. So far, Fields is on the right track.

This is from Footballguys. I think Fields is in a for a big leap.