**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
How do you improve the quick passing in the off season?
There are a couple levels to passing. Each is its own game. Quick passing vs. deep passing is like the difference between combos vs punches in boxing.

A short pass is a purely rehearsed motion that flows off of a skillset and target. For example, 1-1-2 has to be thrown as a flow, and to do so require hours and hours of muscle memory through repetition. In the same way, quick passing is almost purely a rehearsed and muscle-memory based motion. The target shifts only after the determinative motion into it.

Punching and long passes have a set up based on predetermined motion, like slipping out a jab before the cross, but there’s more of a read to it, and it’s why Fields was able to survive and thrive using it at OSU. He went touchdown to check down there.

So, short passing is a very timed, specific motion, that shifts relative to target and read. Usually, it shifts to target from read and then a quick read to shift again, but, again I’m speaking in very broad strokes; it can go target to read. This is usually a pass or keep situation, though. Either way, the quick pass is purely based on rehearsed movements hard coded into muscle memory. Much like 1-1-2, the basic motion never shifts, though it can vary, like ending with a slip or a spiral step out and an escape jab.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would have liked a DE this draft but part of taking players with high RAS that may not have much experience, is the willingness to wait a year or 2 for them to develop. This link doesn't mean much until he actually shows up but it's a nice feel better piece.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

“Practice Camp Notes

• Matt Eberflus and Ryan Poles started off the roughly two-hour practice watching the offensive line
  • Fourth-round draft pick Tyler Scott was fielding punts. He did not have any registered punt returns at Cincinnati
  • On the first play of team drills, Pickens got into the backfield and would’ve had a tackle for loss on Roschon Johnson
  • Scott dropped two passes early on in practice, including a slant pass. In team drills, though, Scott ran a slant route and caught the pass. He also had a good reception in the middle of the field
  • Dexter showed some good leverage and power on a run play, extending his arms against the interior offensive lineman to create separation. On the next play, Dexter showed quick burst to get into the back field and chased down quarterback Tyson Bagent
  • Roschon Johnson had a big run down the right sideline, which Darnell Wright helped create. Important to remember, no tackling and the players are expected to finish out each play
  • Tyrique Stevenson had nice coverage on a vertical route, but hurt his knee on the play. He did come back in after a few snaps. He also had some reps at the right and left boundary corner spots
  • Fifth-round draft pick Terell Smith made a few nice plays in today’s practice. First, he elevated and intercepted a pass in team drills. Then Smith was in position to deliver a big hit over the middle of the field when he recognized the underneath crossing route
  • Northwestern running back Andrew Clair showed some burst and speed throughout the practice
  • Houston wide receiver KeSean Carter made a nice catch on an out-breaking route by high pointing the football.”

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Wonder if non black GMs faced any ridicule?

Pace did get some notes that the 2018 draft would get him fired, which ultimately may have been true, but Cohen and Jackson were great picks and he did build a great roster outside of QB. From there he shit the bed, but thanks for Fields.

I’ll take the non-sexy trenches picks. We had major needs at DL and EDGE, it wasn’t like this class was seen as a strong overall class and there was a run on EDGE in the second, so DT and CB (premium position), were good selections. Time will tell but to poo poo on your peer like this anonymously is cowardly. Good work by Ballard.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:

Pace did get some notes that the 2018 draft would get him fired, which ultimately may have been true, but Cohen and Jackson were great picks and he did build a great roster outside of QB. From there he shit the bed, but thanks for Fields.

I’ll take the non-sexy trenches picks. We had major needs at DL and EDGE, it wasn’t like this class was seen as a strong overall class and there was a run on EDGE in the second, so DT and CB (premium position), were good selections. Time will tell but to poo poo on your peer like this anonymously is cowardly. Good work by Ballard.
So that GM should be all over the other teams that passed on Carter as well.

And the Roquan trade turned into 3-4 players (if you want to include Edwards); you can’t divorce the cap used in lieu of signing Smith from the overall return.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

It was probably some scout in a front office and not some other GM or anyone that matters. Most GM’s aren’t willing to trash other GM’s

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If you believe it, put your name on it. Otherwise, it’s just noise.
This is a article to get clicks if i've ever seen one. I do think by far Poles biggest disappointments have come in his trades though. I can't really think of any really good trades he's made but can think of plenty of trades where it seemed like he should of and could of gotten more in those trades starting with the K.Mack trade. I'm still locked in with him through this rebuild process which could be real close to if not a finished product after next season having two 1st round picks and a ton of money to spend in free agency again. Absolutely have to see Fields take a big step in the passing game and his decision making and Luke Getsy has to be the right guy calling plays.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
There are a couple levels to passing. Each is its own game. Quick passing vs. deep passing is like the difference between combos vs punches in boxing.

A short pass is a purely rehearsed motion that flows off of a skillset and target. For example, 1-1-2 has to be thrown as a flow, and to do so require hours and hours of muscle memory through repetition. In the same way, quick passing is almost purely a rehearsed and muscle-memory based motion. The target shifts only after the determinative motion into it.

Punching and long passes have a set up based on predetermined motion, like slipping out a jab before the cross, but there’s more of a read to it, and it’s why Fields was able to survive and thrive using it at OSU. He went touchdown to check down there.

So, short passing is a very timed, specific motion, that shifts relative to target and read. Usually, it shifts to target from read and then a quick read to shift again, but, again I’m speaking in very broad strokes; it can go target to read. This is usually a pass or keep situation, though. Either way, the quick pass is purely based on rehearsed movements hard coded into muscle memory. Much like 1-1-2, the basic motion never shifts, though it can vary, like ending with a slip or a spiral step out and an escape jab.
I agree. Fields should start training boxing