**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Also, if Poles wasnt going to take Carter to begin with, then he got a draft pick for free. Money for nothing, as they say.

I would also say that this quote fails to consider that Poles might not be trying to squeeze everything he can out of any given trade. He has traded with the Eagles a few times now, and he may want to keep drawing from that well. Given how Philly has a recent reputation for not sitting still in the draft, they might be the first call Poles makes any time he wants to make a move.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Wonder if non black GMs faced any ridicule?

Pace did get some notes that the 2018 draft would get him fired, which ultimately may have been true, but Cohen and Jackson were great picks and he did build a great roster outside of QB. From there he shit the bed, but thanks for Fields.

I’ll take the non-sexy trenches picks. We had major needs at DL and EDGE, it wasn’t like this class was seen as a strong overall class and there was a run on EDGE in the second, so DT and CB (premium position), were good selections. Time will tell but to poo poo on your peer like this anonymously is cowardly. Good work by Ballard.
Jalen Carter is not going to define any franchise.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Dexter preferred Basketball to Football. Here’s an interesting article about how he was convinced to change sports and how it led to his scholarship at Florida.

Here’s a snippet from the article:

“On the first day of spring ball, after Dexter was hooked by the idea of how he looked in the Highlanders uniform, then-South Florida assistant coach Eric Mathies was at practice. Johnson was showing him a list of prospects at the school. The Highlanders typically have about four kids move on to college football each year.

“(Mathies) turns around and Gervon is in the corner,” Johnson said. “ ’Coach, who is that kid?’

“I said, ‘That’s a project right now, that’s Gervon Dexter.’ ”

Mathies walked over to Dexter and saw him go through a few drills and told Johnson he was going to offer him a scholarship that day. Three days later coaches from across the Southeast were flocking to Lake Wales. The word was out.

“Moving through his junior year, he’s played one season, helicopters were landing on our baseball field,” Johnson said. “You would have thought we had the Pope here with how much traffic we had with people coming through to see Gervon. He handled that all well. He walked with humility. I told him success is proportional to effort. You’ve got to figure this out.”

In a short time — ridiculously short considering some recruiting tales — Dexter emerged as a five-star recruit and eventually settled on Florida.

Then-Gators defensive line coach David Turner burst into laughter when asked if Dexter was still relatively raw by the time he set foot on campus in Gainesville.

“What would you think?” Turner shot back. “He was raw with a lot of athletic ability. There are a lot of things you can coach, but you can’t coach 6-foot-6, 280 pounds. From that standpoint, he had all of the tools. He was a natural and aggressive kid. The good thing about football, you don’t get five fouls. So he can rough them up a little bit and he doesn’t have to worry about fouling out.

“He wasn’t a whole lot different from (Kansas City Chiefs defensive tackle) Chris Jones. I had him at Mississippi State. Chris didn’t play football until his junior year and thought he was a basketball player. ... Gervon is a kid that wanted to be coached. He’s a great kid. ‘Yes, sir. No, sir.’ I was excited to have a chance to work with him. The good thing about it, there were not a whole lot of bad habits he had to break. You just had to coach him up. He wanted to be great and it was a natural progression.”

Chris Jones | Gervon Dexter

• Height: 6-5¾ | 6-6
  • Weight: 310 | 310
  • Arms: 32¾ | 32¼
  • Wingspan: 85 | 80⅞
  • 40-yard dash: 5.03 | 4.88
  • 10-yard split: 1.69 | 1.81
  • 3-cone: 7.44 | 7.50
  • Bench-press reps: 26 | 22
Turner said Jones had a faster first step and was a little more fluid. An NFL personnel man said Jones is quicker laterally with looser hips and the ability to bend like some elite edge rushers. Still, if Dexter is 75% of the player Jones, a Kansas City Chiefs second-round pick in 2016, the Bears will have a star.”

[URL
unfurl="true"]Gervon Dexter — once opposed to playing football — joins the Chicago Bears as a talented defensive tackle with untapped potential[/URL]

Last edited: