**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

On Stevenson and Scott:

“You just go in there with your mentality," Stevenson said about facing a guy with 4.29 speed. "At the end of the day, you’ve got to make him do some things that he’s not used to doing. If he has 4.2 speed, you have to take him off his line. You have to make him do something out of the ordinary. When you approach him, that’s all you have to think about – just doing different things to get him out of his comfortability.”

Stevenson lined up against Scott four times (by my count). If it were a boxing match, Stevenson would have won by knockout.

“Definitely did good," Stevenson said. "I know he’s quick and I know he’s fast. Me being able to get my hands on him a couple of times kind of threw him off. I’m a little bit bigger than him so I don’t he definitely don’t want me to touch him. But he definitely did good with his releases off the line. He gave me some work today and I gave him some work today.”

Non-padded practices in May mean nothing. But as far as first impressions go, there wasn't a better day than the one Tyrique Stevenson had Friday.”

It's kind of sounding like the bears may have gotten steals with both CBs

Last edited:

Brownie

Liked Posts:
That GM comment makes no sense. "They turned Roquan Smith into Gervon Dexter". I mean that's what all player for pick trades are. The Raiders traded Darren Waller and used the pick on Tre Tucker, the Cincinnati WR who's not as good as the Cincinnati WR the Bears drafted later. Stephon Gilmore went for Evan Hull. Hell, I'm sure the Bears would rather have Chase Claypool over Joey Porter Jr. They were able to trade for Claypool in part because they had an extra 2nd for Roquan. So, essentially they traded Roquan and the rights of whoever they would have taken at 32 for Claypool (better than every WR who went 32 or later) and Dexter. They were able to spend money to replace Roquan, who they would have had to pay more money to keep.
thanks-thankyou.gif

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Hello Bears fans, in his third year (presumably his prime) Chase Claypool ranked ninety-sixth in the NFL in receiving yards. The dude's career is circling the drain. Would you say every single receiver taken after the first round this year will be worse than Olamide Zaccheaus, Josh Reynolds and Greg Dortch? Because that's Claypool's company (honestly an optimistic appraisal).

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hello Bears fans, in his third year (presumably his prime) Chase Claypool ranked ninety-sixth in the NFL in receiving yards. The dude's career is circling the drain. Would you say every single receiver taken after the first round this year will be worse than Olamide Zaccheaus, Josh Reynolds and Greg Dortch? Because that's Claypool's company (honestly an optimistic appraisal).
Montucky 1
Hello Bears fans 0

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

In Marshall Faulk’s 3rd year, he averaged 3ypc and had 587 rushing yards. In Randy Moss’s 9th year he had 587yards. I’d easily rather have the 32nd pick but the logic you are using is just simply illogical. You are using cherry picked data to support your premise and ignoring the injury issue and going to one of the most run heavy teams that didn’t particularly pass the ball well for a variety of reasons.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
In Marshall Faulk’s 3rd year, he averaged 3ypc and had 587 rushing yards. In Randy Moss’s 9th year he had 587yards. I’d easily rather have the 32nd pick but the logic you are using is just simply illogical. You are using cherry picked data to support your premise and ignoring the injury issue and going to one of the most run heavy teams that didn’t particularly pass the ball well for a variety of reasons.
You accuse me of using cherry picked data yet you're the one using two examples that are both over a decade old of down years for Hall of Famers to say that Chase Claypool is what...Randy Moss?

Chase Claypool has never finished in the top thirty of receiving yards at the end of a season. Not once. Last year he barely squeezed into the top hundred. There is nothing cherry picked about my assertion that Claypool was at his best a good-not-great player, and that his best years are probably behind him. You disagree because in 1996 Marshall Faulk had a "down" year, which was still over a thousand scrimmage yards, and hilariously only thirty fewer receiving yards than Claypool's third season despite playing in the nineties and playing runningback.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like poles and the way he’s building this team but let’s not pretend his trades have been mostly him getting it in the booty hole.

The trade with the panthers was spot on the rest of the trades thus far have been him getting fleeced. Not terribly fleeced like pace trading up for gems like Anthony Miller and trevis Gipson, but the value is less than. Hopefully he’ll learn as he grows in this role.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I like poles and the way he’s building this team but let’s not pretend his trades have been mostly him getting it in the booty hole.

The trade with the panthers was spot on the rest of the trades thus far have been him getting fleeced. Not terribly fleeced like pace trading up for gems like Anthony Miller and trevis Gipson, but the value is less than. Hopefully he’ll learn as he grows in this role.
The Chase Claypool trade is like three tiers worse than the Trevis Gipson trade. Even Anthony Miller didn't cost the Bears as much as Claypool did.

At least with Miller you couldn't quite predict how he'd do in the pros just due to the uncertain nature of college scouting. Claypool had worn out his welcome in Pittsburgh (a franchise that certainly has proven to know wide receivers) and nobody bothered to ask why.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
lol this is hilarious, you prob also think that growth is linear in football right?
so you isolate his 3rd year without any circumstance...well then by that logic, diggs, metcalf, brown, cooper are all busts because they had shitty 3rd year stats.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I know he was the best football player in the world for about eight weeks there, but looking back its hard to say any trade Ryan Pace made was worse than the Khalil Mack deal. The Bears got one good-yet-disappointing season out of it then languished for years.

Just because the Raiders threw away the picks on a runningback and Damon Arnette doesn't mean the Bears couldn't have used those picks to have something other than a lost half decade mired below mediocrity with still seemingly no way out.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chase Claypool trade is like three tiers worse than the Trevis Gipson trade. Even Anthony Miller didn't cost the Bears as much as Claypool did.

At least with Miller you couldn't quite predict how he'd do in the pros just due to the uncertain nature of college scouting. Claypool had worn out his welcome in Pittsburgh (a franchise that certainly has proven to know wide receivers) and nobody bothered to ask why.
Yes it should have been the ravens 2nd. There’s no way he gets value back from that trade, claypool will be fine but not 1st round fine.

Joey Porter would most likely be a bear too. **