**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
He was inconsistent and had a few quarters where he looked like a genius and a few where he seemed to be impersonating Nagy. He also had some very questionable red zone calls. But I'm not knocking him. He had arguably the least talent to work with in the NFL.
Pretty accurate statement, not bad for his 1st time calling plays in the NFL and I think he's a pretty smart dude.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Me too. I like claypool though, I think he fits well with Moore, it may be wishful thinking on my part.
Claypool is young enough where he can get better at some things. But he's also probably pretty limited in the Bears offense. They aren't going to throw the ball around like crazy. And when they do throw it, Moore will be the primary target. Then the Bears will also use Kmet and Mooney (if healthy) a ton as well. So, Claypool is likely the 4th option. And even if they somehow throw the ball 600 times like the Bengals, that's probably not enough for Claypool to put up numbers to where Bears fans will be OK with what it cost to get him here. Moore should get his 1100. Mooney probably 800ish. Kmet will get his 500-600. So, Claypool will never be a 1000 yard guy, but hopefully he'll be good enough for a year and for his sake, good enough to get a big contract from someone else and help the Bears in the comp pick formula.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Claypool is young enough where he can get better at some things. But he's also probably pretty limited in the Bears offense. They aren't going to throw the ball around like crazy. And when they do throw it, Moore will be the primary target. Then the Bears will also use Kmet and Mooney (if healthy) a ton as well. So, Claypool is likely the 4th option. And even if they somehow throw the ball 600 times like the Bengals, that's probably not enough for Claypool to put up numbers to where Bears fans will be OK with what it cost to get him here. Moore should get his 1100. Mooney probably 800ish. Kmet will get his 500-600. So, Claypool will never be a 1000 yard guy, but hopefully he'll be good enough for a year and for his sake, good enough to get a big contract from someone else and help the Bears in the comp pick formula.
If they use him appropriately he should should see some favorable matchups in red zone situations. He may also be the 2nd or 3rd option if Mooney gets a late start or limited early reps.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Claypool trade was still a bad trade. As i said from the beginning, if it was the Balt 2nd then i'd be cool with it but the #32 pick was way too high. There was many players on the board that i'd rather have over Claypool.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Claypool trade was still a bad trade. As i said from the beginning, if it was the Balt 2nd then i'd be cool with it but the #32 pick was way too high. There was many players on the board that i'd rather have over Claypool.
But it wasn't the 32nd pick when it was traded. Saying, "the #32 pick was too high" is using hindsight. At the time the trade was made, the Bears were 3-5 coming off a primetime blowout of Belichick's team and put up a season high point total against what was then the league's top defense. It's fine if you didn't like it when it happened, but I don't know how you can hate the thought process. Bears fans were whining all offseason about Poles not getting Fields enough help. He tries to get Fields help and everyone's like, "no, not like that!"

And if it was the Baltimore pick, Claypool would have been a Packer, because they offered a higher pick than that.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
At the time of the trade the Bears had no idea where they were picking in the draft. If Poles knew they were picking 32nd, there’s a good chance he wouldn’t have made that trade.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You loved the trade

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
Will you guys ever LET THIS FUCKING GO?!? It's starting to get old and being rehashed over and fucking over again. We get it, it was a bad trade now let's look towards the season. Hindsight is 20/20, but got damn y'all act like you have never made a mistake in your miserable lives.

Last edited:

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Will you guys ever LET THIS FUCKING GO?!? It's starting to get old and being rehashed over and fucking over again. We get it, it was a bad trade now let's look towards the season. Hind sight is 20/20, but got damn y'all act like you have never made a mistake in your miserable lives.
It's not even a mistake yet, necessarily. Let's see what kind of season he puts in here.

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
It's not even a mistake yet, necessarily. Let's see what kind of season he puts in here.
Facts, but they bring this shit up every day for the last few months. It's getting old and as fans we should be looking forward to all the positive we have going for us. No organization is perfect.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
But it wasn't the 32nd pick when it was traded. Saying, "the #32 pick was too high" is using hindsight. At the time the trade was made, the Bears were 3-5 coming off a primetime blowout of Belichick's team and put up a season high point total against what was then the league's top defense. It's fine if you didn't like it when it happened, but I don't know how you can hate the thought process. Bears fans were whining all offseason about Poles not getting Fields enough help. He tries to get Fields help and everyone's like, "no, not like that!"

And if it was the Baltimore pick, Claypool would have been a Packer, because they offered a higher pick than that.
We've gone over this a million times. If Ryan Poles is really that bad at self scouting that he didn't realize his own team was going to be dreadful the rest of the year then he should already be fired. That's not a little "oops", that's a fundamental flaw that ain't getting better.

And oh wow yeah thank god the Packers didn't fuck themselves over getting this bum. What a nightmare that would've been. Thank god Poles saved us. /yawn