**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
But it was still going to be in the top 5 which is also way too high of a pick for Claypool. Don't mind the thought process but would of rather had a different WR than Claypool who was already showing character issues. The Packers could of had him for that price IMO. He's a Bear now which means i'll root for him but just not a big Claypool fan.
What different WR though? The only other WRs to have been traded since are Brandin Cooks and DJ Moore, who the Bears actually have as well. And Cooks just went this offseason. It was either Claypool or nothing last year at the deadline. And granted, Claypool gave them pretty close to nothing, but again that's using hindsight.

msadows

Liked Posts:
What different WR though? The only other WRs to have been traded since are Brandin Cooks and DJ Moore, who the Bears actually have as well. And Cooks just went this offseason. It was either Claypool or nothing last year at the deadline. And granted, Claypool gave them pretty close to nothing, but again that's using hindsight.

If we are going back in time to whine, lets just draft mahomes and trade up for aaron donald.

Boom, fixed the team for ya.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The team was horrible and looked horrible. They beat the 49ers in a fucking monsoon game, they beat the fucking Texans and beat a garbage Pats team and had just got 49 points put on them by the Cowboys.

You don't have to dislike the trade but i did when it happened and still do now and if that bothers you then i don't know what to say because it's how i feel and it won't change. Just don't like Claypool. I said if it was for the Balt 2nd then it wouldn't have bothered me as much.
The team wasn’t playing great. But at that time no one knew where the Bears or Ravens would be picking in 2023. They made a trade to give Fields another weapon. Anyone can criticize the trade now knowing where the Bears did wind up picking. But at that time, it wasn’t the worst trade that we have seen as Bears fans. Some here act like it was.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
You’re not wrong and I agree with you with Claypool mail being a 4th option. However, I’m wondering if, due to his size and speed combo, we don’t see him moved around a lot and used as a joker/gimmick player. I could see him and VJJ taking her sweeps or lining up in the backfield. Again, not disagreeing, just postulating.
Yep, I think you're dead on. I absolutely think that's how they should use Claypool. Last year, they just used him on go routes and screen passes. He finally was getting comebacks and deep in routes when he got hurt. But yeah, I think the issue the last couple years for him was Pittsburgh tried to pigeonhole him in the slot. The Bears didn't use his versatility to their advantage (probably because he didn't know the offense well enough). So, yeah I agree that's how they should use Claypool. If they do use him like that and still throw him the jumpballs down the field, he could be a 700-800 yards from scrimmage guy even as the 4th option in the pass game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If i couldn't get any other WR i liked for a top 5 2nd round pick then i would of offered the Balt 2nd and if the Packers were really offering a pick in the 2nd round that Balt thought would be higher then i let them trade with the Packers.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The team wasn’t playing great. But at that time no one knew where the Bears or Ravens would be picking in 2023. They made a trade to give Fields another weapon. Anyone can criticize the trade now knowing where the Bears did wind up picking. But at that time, it wasn’t the worst trade that we have seen as Bears fans. Some here act like it was.
Not the worst, just another bad one though.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If i couldn't get any other WR i liked for a top 5 2nd round pick then i would of offered the Balt 2nd and if the Packers were really offering a pick in the 2nd round that Balt thought would be higher then i let them trade with the Packers.

The high majority of this board loved the trade at the time, at it was pretty clear and evident why they did it. Fields had zero weapons and they were desperate.

No use crying over spilled milk, just got to hope claypool plays up to his first couple years in the NFL. That trade was never going to pay off no matter what, just like most trade deadline trades.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The high majority of this board loved the trade at the time, at it was pretty clear and evident why they did it. Fields had zero weapons and they were desperate.

No use crying over spilled milk, just got to hope claypool plays up to his first couple years in the NFL. That trade was never going to pay off no matter what, just like most trade deadline trades.
Please can we stop with the Fields had zero weapons talk just to make ourselves feel better about how bad he was in the passing game?! He had weapons, he had NFL players, did he have enough great weapons? No, but he had weapons that good/great QB's could get the ball to. Lets also stop with the talk that nobody got open because players were absolutely open but Fields wasn't good at hitting them if a DB was anywhere near them. He wasn't good at throwing open WR's. Fields needs work and he needs to make a pretty big jump to show he can do those things this year. Now he has a #1 WR to go with a couple of #2's or #3's and pretty damn good at the TE spot and should, fingers crossed, have a much better OL.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Please can we stop with the Fields had zero weapons talk just to make ourselves feel better about how bad he was in the passing game?! He had weapons, he had NFL players, did he have enough great weapons? No, but he had weapons that good/great QB's could get the ball to. Lets also stop with the talk that nobody got open because players were absolutely open but Fields wasn't good at hitting them if a DB was anywhere near them. He wasn't good at throwing open WR's. Fields needs work and he needs to make a pretty big jump to show he can do those things this year. Now he has a #1 WR to go with a couple of #2's or #3's and pretty damn good at the TE spot and should, fingers crossed, have a much better OL.

Dude, all anyone talked about during the deadline was trading for OL or a WR cause we were doing a good job of ruining fields. So yes, he had no weapons or talent around him.

WTF are you talking about? If you want to talk ifs and butts, what if claypool went to the packers like you said was "Fine" and proceeded to light it up, keeping Aaron in GB and you crying still?

msadows

Liked Posts:
How do you guys have patience to debate with these idiots?

Guarantee this goober dabears70 was jumping for joy when we got claypool and crying the weeks prior about how fields has no one to throw to.

But I guess you need to always find something to cry bout.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Bears had NO business getting the first overall pick in the draft, and yet by the blessings of the gods, they did. And yet all these posters/Bears fans bitching out that traded 2nd round pick. Holy shit, let it die.

Its mostly the same people who post this shit, and start arguments and debates on here. No idea how you guys can keep up its become exhausting for me just to read the dumb shit dabears posts.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
How do you guys have patience to debate with these idiots?

Guarantee this goober dabears70 was jumping for joy when we got claypool and crying the weeks prior about how fields has no one to throw to.

But I guess you need to always find something to cry bout.
No I don't think so. He hates fields because @Anytime23 likes him, so he's pretty much pulling for him to fail for that reason alone

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yep, I think you're dead on. I absolutely think that's how they should use Claypool. Last year, they just used him on go routes and screen passes. He finally was getting comebacks and deep in routes when he got hurt. But yeah, I think the issue the last couple years for him was Pittsburgh tried to pigeonhole him in the slot. The Bears didn't use his versatility to their advantage (probably because he didn't know the offense well enough). So, yeah I agree that's how they should use Claypool. If they do use him like that and still throw him the jumpballs down the field, he could be a 700-800 yards from scrimmage guy even as the 4th option in the pass game.
Yep, at ND he dominated on jump balls on the perimeter. He's going to be have four inches and 35 lbs or more on 90% of the corners he faces. Try to get him one on one and just throw it up there.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

I think even with hindsight, the disappointment in the trade results should be tempered. It stinks that this team could have had Joey Porter Jr, but 2nd round picks result in #3 WRs all the time, and that is pretty much what the result of the trade is. Eventually, you have to get to the point where you are rooting for him because he is on your team and have hope for what he can achieve as a #3 WR.

To that end, 40 receptions for 500 yards is right around what Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson gave the Chiefs in 2020. That is also right around what Alan Lazard brought in 3 out of 4 of his years as a starter.