**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'll actually forgive people who got enthused about Chase Claypool because he was a minor rookie sensation and Pittsburgh does exist on essentially the other side of the football planet from the Bears. But the Bears brass who does this shit for a living shouldn't have, and the fact that some fans were wrong about the trade doesn't excuse the executives.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How do you guys have patience to debate with these idiots?

Guarantee this goober dabears70 was jumping for joy when we got claypool and crying the weeks prior about how fields has no one to throw to.

But I guess you need to always find something to cry bout.
But.....................you're the idiot.

Have you turned the clown crew into liking you on here yet? Doesn't seem like it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No I don't think so. He hates fields because @Anytime23 likes him, so he's pretty much pulling for him to fail for that reason alone
Now i'm pulling for Fields to fail? Let me guess, if i ask you to show me anything that i've ever said that says i'm rooting for Fields to fail you'll say something like, i'm not going to go back and find it right? LOL

You can't and i'm definitely not rooting for Fields to fail. I'm just one that can speak the truth and your frail ears can't handle hearing the truth.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But.....................you're the idiot.

Have you turned the clown crew into liking you on here yet? Doesn't seem like it.
this made me laugh as it made me think of how Omletpants missed out on the actual two trade downs and how he would have lambasted everyone calling for trade downs as the trade down clowns

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
At that time it wasn't bad to you but to me and some others it was bad at that time.
That’s fine you have an opinion but you don’t have much to argue here considering the majority thought it was a good trade at the time.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No I don't think so. He hates fields because @Anytime23 likes him, so he's pretty much pulling for him to fail for that reason alone
Bingo. Thats how a handful of a volume posters on this board act. Pretty sad that this guy just cant be a Bears fan.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At that time it wasn't bad to you but to me and some others it was bad at that time.
I still don't see it as 'bad'. Claypool could easily have been the 1st WR taken in round 2 of this draft by a team that wanted a big one and we still needed a big starter quality receiver. Jonathan Mingo went 39 and was a lower rated prospect. There was Tillman but Claypool's athleticism score is much higher so you know which one Poles would want. This draft just wasn't as deep as the one Claypool was in. He also has already proven he belongs in the NFL while 1/2 those WRs taken in 2 will not.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’re not wrong and I agree with you with Claypool mail being a 4th option. However, I’m wondering if, due to his size and speed combo, we don’t see him moved around a lot and used as a joker/gimmick player. I could see him and VJJ taking her sweeps or lining up in the backfield. Again, not disagreeing, just postulating.
The only thing VJJ will be sweeping this season is a McDonalds lobby.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yep, at ND he dominated on jump balls on the perimeter. He's going to be have four inches and 35 lbs or more on 90% of the corners he faces. Try to get him one on one and just throw it up there.
Yeah Fields didn't really throw up too many jump balls that i remember.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That’s fine you have an opinion but you don’t have much to argue here considering the majority thought it was a good trade at the time.
I hear you but the majority on here doesn't really mean anything with how many morons we have on here and if when you say majority you mean a few more liked it then i'm with you, but not quite sure it was an overwhelming number of people that were for it compared the people that weren't.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I still don't see it as 'bad'. Claypool could easily have been the 1st WR taken in round 2 of this draft by a team that wanted a big one and we still needed a big starter quality receiver. Jonathan Mingo went 39 and was a lower rated prospect. There was Tillman but Claypool's athleticism score is much higher so you know which one Poles would want. This draft just wasn't as deep as the one Claypool was in. He also has already proven he belongs in the NFL while 1/2 those WRs taken in 2 will not.
Yeah if you look at it as what WR could we have taken in a bad WR draft then you'd be right on with this but for me there was plenty of DE's (very much needed and still is) that we could of taken and plenty of other positions on a team with so many needs.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Have you found anything that says i hate Fields and am rooting for him to fail yet?

Anything at all?

Can you ask @Anytime23 if you can have a few minutes off to go look please?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

The State of the Rebuild: Investing Resources​

Has Ryan Poles been playing favorites when it comes to the rebuild of the Chicago Bears?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
But it wasn't the 32nd pick when it was traded. Saying, "the #32 pick was too high" is using hindsight. At the time the trade was made, the Bears were 3-5 coming off a primetime blowout of Belichick's team and put up a season high point total against what was then the league's top defense. It's fine if you didn't like it when it happened, but I don't know how you can hate the thought process. Bears fans were whining all offseason about Poles not getting Fields enough help. He tries to get Fields help and everyone's like, "no, not like that!"

And if it was the Baltimore pick, Claypool would have been a Packer, because they offered a higher pick than that.
My wish for the day is that this board can just move on from the Claypool trade, it's done and can't be undone, my opinion is it will work out fine, there done no more commiserating.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Honestly seems like overkill to me. Send him a congrats text and be done with it. But I’m just a crusty old fucker lately so what do I know?
Like Hallmark says "it's the thought that counts" that it's unexpected makes it meaningful.
You ever have a boss that did the little things that show they appreciate your efforts?
If so you probably went the extra mile for them. By the way I'm a crusty old dude as well.