**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We've gone over this a million times. If Ryan Poles is really that bad at self scouting that he didn't realize his own team was going to be dreadful the rest of the year then he should already be fired. That's not a little "oops", that's a fundamental flaw that ain't getting better.

And oh wow yeah thank god the Packers didn't fuck themselves over getting this bum. What a nightmare that would've been. Thank god Poles saved us. /yawn
So are you the poster known as Mongo76 ?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hello Bears fans, in his third year (presumably his prime) Chase Claypool ranked ninety-sixth in the NFL in receiving yards. The dude's career is circling the drain. Would you say every single receiver taken after the first round this year will be worse than Olamide Zaccheaus, Josh Reynolds and Greg Dortch? Because that's Claypool's company (honestly an optimistic appraisal).
where are you in montana?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
To me that says a lot about the type top brass we have now, classy and sends message of support for JF.

Honestly seems like overkill to me. Send him a congrats text and be done with it. But I’m just a crusty old fucker lately so what do I know?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Will you guys ever LET THIS FUCKING GO?!? It's starting to get old and being rehashed over and fucking over again. We get it, it was a bad trade now let's look towards the season. Hind sight is 20/20, but got damn y'all act like you have never made a mistake in your miserable lives.

You already know the answer to this.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Claypool is young enough where he can get better at some things. But he's also probably pretty limited in the Bears offense. They aren't going to throw the ball around like crazy. And when they do throw it, Moore will be the primary target. Then the Bears will also use Kmet and Mooney (if healthy) a ton as well. So, Claypool is likely the 4th option. And even if they somehow throw the ball 600 times like the Bengals, that's probably not enough for Claypool to put up numbers to where Bears fans will be OK with what it cost to get him here. Moore should get his 1100. Mooney probably 800ish. Kmet will get his 500-600. So, Claypool will never be a 1000 yard guy, but hopefully he'll be good enough for a year and for his sake, good enough to get a big contract from someone else and help the Bears in the comp pick formula.
You’re not wrong and I agree with you with Claypool mail being a 4th option. However, I’m wondering if, due to his size and speed combo, we don’t see him moved around a lot and used as a joker/gimmick player. I could see him and VJJ taking her sweeps or lining up in the backfield. Again, not disagreeing, just postulating.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
But it wasn't the 32nd pick when it was traded. Saying, "the #32 pick was too high" is using hindsight. At the time the trade was made, the Bears were 3-5 coming off a primetime blowout of Belichick's team and put up a season high point total against what was then the league's top defense. It's fine if you didn't like it when it happened, but I don't know how you can hate the thought process. Bears fans were whining all offseason about Poles not getting Fields enough help. He tries to get Fields help and everyone's like, "no, not like that!"

And if it was the Baltimore pick, Claypool would have been a Packer, because they offered a higher pick than that.
But it was still going to be in the top 5 which is also way too high of a pick for Claypool. Don't mind the thought process but would of rather had a different WR than Claypool who was already showing character issues. The Packers could of had him for that price IMO. He's a Bear now which means i'll root for him but just not a big Claypool fan.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
At the time of the trade the Bears had no idea where they were picking in the draft. If Poles knew they were picking 32nd, there’s a good chance he wouldn’t have made that trade.
Top 5 was still too high a pick for me and anyone who couldn't see just how bad a team we were and what kind of record we were going to end up with wasn't truly watching this team play. Pretty clear at that time that it was going to be a top 5 pick.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Top 5 was still too high a pick for me and anyone who couldn't see just how bad a team we were and what kind of record we were going to end up with wasn't truly watching this team play. Pretty clear at that time that it was going to be a top 5 pick.
The Bears were 3-5 at the point. The team was playing to win and give Fields more weapons. Don’t think anyone in that organization expected to lose out the rest of the season. At the time the trade wasn’t the worst thing to happen.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Bears were 3-5 at the point. The team was playing to win and give Fields more weapons. Don’t think anyone in that organization expected to lose out the rest of the season. At the time the trade wasn’t the worst thing to happen.
The team was horrible and looked horrible. They beat the 49ers in a fucking monsoon game, they beat the fucking Texans and beat a garbage Pats team and had just got 49 points put on them by the Cowboys.

You don't have to dislike the trade but i did when it happened and still do now and if that bothers you then i don't know what to say because it's how i feel and it won't change. Just don't like Claypool. I said if it was for the Balt 2nd then it wouldn't of bothered me as much.