**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
It isn’t accurate to say the Bears traded away Jalen Carter for ”only a 4th.” The Bears traded their spot for Darnell Wright and a 4th. Disgraceful anonymous spin.
Also, if Poles wasnt going to take Carter to begin with, then he got a draft pick for free. Money for nothing, as they say.

I would also say that this quote fails to consider that Poles might not be trying to squeeze everything he can out of any given trade. He has traded with the Eagles a few times now, and he may want to keep drawing from that well. Given how Philly has a recent reputation for not sitting still in the draft, they might be the first call Poles makes any time he wants to make a move.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In Getsy we trust. To say the least it will be interesting to see how his offense is able to grow in year two.
Do you fully trust in Getsy? He had his moments last year where the play calling would look great early in games but would seem to completely go away mid/late in games. Seemed like sometimes he wouldn't make good adjustments coming out of the half but real hard to say with how bad this roster was on offense and defense. Having a good OL and a real upgrade in weapons for Fields next year should really tell us what we have in Getsy.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I just said that.

Both Dexter and Pickens experienced coaching changes in their college careers. They were asked to do different things under each coach. Just like my post and move on.
I read your post that I replied to again and don't see what you're talking about, my post still stands, sorry but will do as you ask and move on.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Jacob Harris is at rookie mini camp as a vet tryout. He’s an athletic freak that UCF used as a WR and TE when he was in college. He was a mismatch when UCF could get him on a LB or strong safety.

He never broke through after being drafted by the Rams, but it is obvious why Poles wanted to take a look. He was a fourth round pick for LA.

• “Because it isn’t a Bears camp without a bunch of tight ends, notable tryouts include Jacob Breeland (who was a popular sleeper selection among draftniks a few years ago) and Jacob Harris. Harris is arguably the most interesting of the minicamp invites because he’s got some post-hype sleeper vibes as a hybrid developmental prospect. How about a Josh Harris sizzle reel for your Friday?”
  • That offensive guru Sean McVay didn’t figure out what to do with Harris should give me pause. But an ACL injury sidetracked his development. I’m willing to give Luke Getsy the benefit of the doubt and allow for him to find his own projects. At a minimum, this could be fun to follow.

View attachment 29104
Sounds like a potential stud.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Do you fully trust in Getsy? He had his moments last year where the play calling would look great early in games but would seem to completely go away mid/late in games. Seemed like sometimes he wouldn't make good adjustments coming out of the half but real hard to say with how bad this roster was on offense and defense. Having a good OL and a real upgrade in weapons for Fields next year should really tell us what we have in Getsy.
Yes, I do trust Getsy. With as little talent as he was given to work with around Fields,I thought he did a hell of a job.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
It isn’t accurate to say the Bears traded away Jalen Carter for ”only a 4th.” The Bears traded their spot for Darnell Wright and a 4th. Disgraceful anonymous spin.
Using that logic, we traded Jalen Carter for Darnell Wright and a 4th.

In terms of dumbest shit takes, this may be the one. My bud at work, who is the other Bears fan, was upset they didn’t draft Carter. I was like, why?!?!

Afterwards, he discussed why we should sign Ezekiel Elliot. So, yeah. Fuck that shoulda drafted Carter noise.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Using that logic, we traded Jalen Carter for Darnell Wright and a 4th.

In terms of dumbest shit takes, this may be the one. My bud at work, who is the other Bears fan, was upset they didn’t draft Carter. I was like, why?!?!

Afterwards, he discussed why we should sign Ezekiel Elliot. So, yeah. Fuck that shoulda drafted Carter noise.
I would've liked to have drafted Carter, but Bears know a hell of a lot more than we do about him. It was clear he was never on their draft board and if Bears squeezed draft comp out of a team to take the guy they were taking anyway...good.

What I haven't heard from Bears fans is that it isn't like the Bears were picking 2 or 3 and he went 4 or 5. Plenty of other teams from 5-9 could've taken Carter and passed. Hell Seahawks and Lions essentially had free picks at 5 & 6 (with their original 1st Rounders coming late in the 1st) to take him, but they passed. Hawks AND Lions passing on Carter prior to Bears should've told us all we needed to know.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
12th for now but these deals are going up every year. I think you’re fixating on the $$$ part

Jenkins was one of the best RGs in the league last season and arguably the Bears best OL. He was better than Davis at RG. You think Poles signed Davis to replace Jenkins (which is a downgrade) so he can move Jenkins to LG, which is one of the easiest positions to replace on the OL? That’s a tough sell. Money be damned. Much more likely that Poles thinks Davis can move over to LG without a problem and likely play better there

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
sleeper vibes as a hybrid developmental prospect. How about a Josh Harris sizzle reel for your Friday?”
  • That offensive guru Sean McVay didn’t figure out what to do with Harris should give me pause. But an ACL injury sidetracked his development. I’m willing to give Luke Getsy the benefit of the doubt and allow for him to find his own projects. At a minimum, this could be fun to follow.

View attachment 29104
Upgrade to Equadropeous St. Drops
1683409501869.png