**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It wasn’t but weeks ago that roquan smith should be traded and actually wasn’t a good player. We couldn’t even remember a single game he took over! Amazing.

This week the bears o line is one of the best and fields is a bust that should be benched for semian.

Good god idk what’s next but I know it’s going to be ugly.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It wasn’t but weeks ago that roquan smith should be traded and actually wasn’t a good player. We couldn’t even remember a single game he took over! Amazing.

This week the bears o line is one of the best and fields is a bust that should be benched for semian.

Do you expect anything else though?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How is it irrelevant? That's the stupidest thing I've heard.

What matters most here is experience. I don't really care what their age is.

Jones is a rookie in the NFL. Borom is not.

You said he is the rookie with upside. My point is upside isnt dependent on being a rookie. The fact Borom is the same age means he was talented enough to get drafted and play in the NFL while Jones was still in college.

If Jones were drafted last year, he most likely would have played just as poorly if not worse than Borom at age 22. The fact Borom is the same age and already has a year of experience more than Jones is a positive not a negative.

Citing ‘pressures’ is potentially the most cringe thing going on right now. How can we make it stop?

What about the team leading 3 sacks I also cited. He is on a 17 sack pace right now and is 4th in the NFL in most sacks allowed despite the Bears giving him a lot of help with TE and RB chips.

I think the kid will ultimately be fine but pretending he has outplayed Borom or has loads more potential at this point is laughable.

Jones has given up 3 sacks in 67 pass block snaps while Borom who played like trash last year according to some gave up 5 sacks in 415 snaps. If you gave Jones 415 pass block snaps he is on pace for 18.5 sacks. There simply is no data to rate Jones better than Borom at this point.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Right?!? I’m watching all this shit go down, and I’m like, wait, we are putting hundreds of yards on teams with a ground game, and you are blaming Fields for not being Aaron Rogers? What in the living fuck?

Roquan is just getting nasty. Wait until they start unleashing him to blitz. People are forgetting exactly how good he is as a blitzer. Watch out when that happens.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Flus doesnt like to blitz so doubt he will be unleashed on the blitz a ton.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Teven is not their guy. Gordon is. You don't believe all that best 5 BS did you?
That is just bullshit. It's simple, Teven is a talented guy, but he, as of the moment, seems to not be willing to put in the effort at practice that the coaches value as a core belief to the success of the franchise. If they are winning and Teven is a guy that takes off Wednesdays, guys may look the other way, but when things are going rough, and the if coaches are allowing a non aging vet to half ass practice while getting on everyone else about effort, that would be a locker room disaster waiting to happen.

I mean he is being paid well and given an opportunity to be a starting NFL lineman, just fucking practice hard for an hour on Wednesday.

The saying, "One rotten apple can spoil the whole barrel" is apropos

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol He was not fine it was man. He has 119 qbr when targeted, 70% completion, 352 yards and 1 TD.
Ya you got me. He was better last game but he still sucked. Of course, he couldn't be worse than the previous game.
:homerbush:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya you got me. He was better last game but he still sucked. Of course, he couldn't be worse than the last game.
:homerbush:
FTR, I am not saying he wont' get it. If we are gonna say fields has been bad, Jones has been bad, etc. that doesn't mean I think they're never going to be good. Gordon will get it he is being asked to do a lot. Improving tackling at this point would up his game. If you rewatch that big play he gets roasted off the line, I was like oof and then boom lol. I don't think he is a good fit at nb, jmo.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FTR, I am not saying he wont' get it. If we are gonna say fields has been bad, Jones has been bad, etc. that doesn't mean I think they're never going to be good. Gordon will get it he is being asked to do a lot. Improving tackling at this point would up his game. If you rewatch that big play he gets roasted off the line, I was like oof and then boom lol. I don't think he is a good fit at nb, jmo.
I expected him to be a zone outside starter when drafted. Him struggling at nickel with Vildor outside has been less bad than it could be except vs GB. They knew what to pick on. Confuse the nickel and throw high and outside against the little guy. When the opposition gets near the goal line, even average QBs cab place balls like that on short distances and Vildor becomes extremely vulnerable, even when he's on the WRs hip. It's too bad because he's not a bad cover guy.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I expected him to be a zone outside starter when drafted. Him struggling at nickel with Vildor outside has been less bad than it could be except vs GB. They knew what to pick on. Confuse the nickel and throw high and outside against the little guy. When the opposition gets near the goal line, even average QBs cab place balls like that on short distances and Vildor becomes extremely vulnerable, even when he's on the WRs hip. It's too bad because he's not a bad cover guy.

Vildor's rate / comp % is worse than Gordon's. I hate Vildor. Like most of Pace draft picks, nice depth but not a starter.

1664372974712.png

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Braxton Jones is technique sound, but as @run and shoot has been pointing out, he's getting crushed on bull rushes.

Honestly, I think an offseason in an NFL weight room and on a program to bulk him up just a little bit more will take care of that, but I think the Bears need to commit more help to his side. It sucks that Borom is just ass right now, but I don't think you can have extra protection to both sides on passing downs, at least permanently.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
That is just bullshit. It's simple, Teven is a talented guy, but he, as of the moment, seems to not be willing to put in the effort at practice that the coaches value as a core belief to the success of the franchise. If they are winning and Teven is a guy that takes off Wednesdays, guys may look the other way, but when things are going rough, and the if coaches are allowing a non aging vet to half ass practice while getting on everyone else about effort, that would be a locker room disaster waiting to happen.

I mean he is being paid well and given an opportunity to be a starting NFL lineman, just fucking practice hard for an hour on Wednesday.

The saying, "One rotten apple can spoil the whole barrel" is apropos
So what evidence do we have of this besides the one quote saying he needs to have a good practice? Is there any direct quote from anyone or other inside info saying he is lacking effort? Legitimately curious as I haven’t seen it.

I know he had that knock on him coming out of college. However this off season he lost a ton of weight, grinded from 3rd string to starter, and now deserves to play.

Is there anything out there outside of one quote from coach flus saying ‘he needs to have a good practice Wednesday’ ??

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Braxton Jones is technique sound, but as @run and shoot has been pointing out, he's getting crushed on bull rushes.

Honestly, I think an offseason in an NFL weight room and on a program to bulk him up just a little bit more will take care of that, but I think the Bears need to commit more help to his side. It sucks that Borom is just ass right now, but I don't think you can have extra protection to both sides on passing downs, at least permanently.

Agreed. Jones also needs a lotta work on his lateral mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.