**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm just happy for Justin, honestly. Should be a real confidence boost going forward. This team is a muffed punt or two from a few more wins as well

The Washington game is the only game I can remember the Bears also dominated but somehow completely gave away. Commanders had no business winning and we served it on a platter.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
What a game.

Feeling very positive about Fields and also hope the coaching staff continue to look to build around him.

Also makes me realise I know the square root of fuck all about the game when performances like last night happen.

Personally I let the joy of the game get destroyed by both media/social media opinions and those on a message board.

Looking forward to the game against the Cowboys now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm just happy for Justin, honestly. Should be a real confidence boost going forward. This team is a muffed punt or two from a few more wins as well

Said before this team isnt as bad as people think. We have been in every game this year.

DL needs a good 3T and top DE and it can be top 10. Need to keep adding to CB depth.

You add another legit WR and a couple top OL and this O looks a lot better with more protection and ESB, Harry and Pettis as 4th-6th WR options.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Said before this team isnt as bad as people think. We have been in every game this year.

DL needs a good 3T and top DE and it can be top 10. Need to keep adding to CB depth.

You add another legit WR and a couple top OL and this O looks a lot better with more protection and ESB, Harry and Pettis as 4th-6th WR options.
Agreed, they are not that far off. Was thinking last night a C, T, and WR, 3T and DE, as long as Fields continues to progress.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Agreed, they are not that far off. Was thinking last night a C, T, and WR, 3T and DE, as long as Fields continues to progress.
Sign Conklin, Morse, E. Jenkins, Payne, Chubb, and DreMont Jones or Ogunjobi. Then go get WRs in the draft

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Sign Conklin, Morse, E. Jenkins, Payne, Chubb, and DreMont Jones or Ogunjobi. Then go get WRs in the draft
That would be a ridiculous haul. I'd be happy with three of those guys. I also think they really only need two OL because Jenkins, Jones, and WH are likely starters.

I mentioned Dre'Mont a couple weeks ago, he's a sneaky play at 3T. Having a great year so far so his value is probably improving.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

So all we need is a 3T, DT, CB's, multiple OL and just one WR? Who's rushing the passer on a consistent basis? I'd add another WR to your one, a LB and that's if we keep Roquan who i don't want to pay $20+ mil per to and i'm adding at least one DE because we don't have any starters especially after soon to be 34 year old Quinn gets traded. Also seems like they want to use Kmet as a blocker more than a pass catcher so i'm guessing their plan is to bring in a pass catching TE as well. Pretty close though. LOL

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Right now I'd say pass rush and center are the two biggest deficiencies. Fields obviously needs to continue to improve - big step last night but he is wildly inconsistent still. He is really an amazing weapon outside the pocket though, one of the best scrambling QBs in the league already. Borom got owned but Judon will do that. I'd try to replace him in the offseason but he won't be that bad most games. No drops. Excellent running by both backs.

I think more than anything, huge props to the coaches. Getsy clearly got Fields easy reads and throws early. He incorporated far more Lamar Jackson type stuff yesterday - it was time for that imo. Rotated backs really well and, aside from Judon being mostly unblockable, gave the OL enough help.

The defense was outstanding despite almost no pass rush. Two rookies in the DB and they suffocated NE passing game, again with little rush from the front four. After Zappe carved them up on those two drives they absolutely owned him in the second half. Team was swarming to the ball all night. To come out of a mini-bye like this says something. Remember how brutal Nagy's teams always were after the bye. To me coming out of a break and coming out of halftime stronger than you went in - that speaks to coaching.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Right now I'd say pass rush and center are the two biggest deficiencies. Fields obviously needs to continue to improve - big step last night but he is wildly inconsistent still. He is really an amazing weapon outside the pocket though, one of the best scrambling QBs in the league already. Borom got owned but Judon will do that. I'd try to replace him in the offseason but he won't be that bad most games. No drops. Excellent running by both backs.

I think more than anything, huge props to the coaches. Getsy clearly got Fields easy reads and throws early. He incorporated far more Lamar Jackson type stuff yesterday - it was time for that imo. Rotated backs really well and, aside from Judon being mostly unblockable, gave the OL enough help.

The defense was outstanding despite almost no pass rush. Two rookies in the DB and they suffocated NE passing game, again with little rush from the front four. After Zappe carved them up on those two drives they absolutely owned him in the second half. Team was swarming to the ball all night. To come out of a mini-bye like this says something. Remember how brutal Nagy's teams always were after the bye. To me coming out of a break and coming out of halftime stronger than you went in - that speaks to coaching.
I thought L.Patrick was playing well and that it showed in the whole OL but can this guy stay healthy enough so we can see him play C to determine if he's the real deal or not is the question.

Getsy throwing in those designed runs for Fields was huge for him, i think there were like 12 of them which might be too many to do every week but either way this needs to be a bigger part of every game plan.

I didn't think about K.Gordon one time last night because i don't think his name was even called, which isn't a bad thing, and then he comes up with that big INT and i'm like, oh yeah. LOL. I'm wondering what the plan for E.Jackson is after this year because the guy is playing as good as he did his first two years until we payed him. I don't want to pay him again and the same thing happen. Maybe he really did miss A.Amos that much and having Brisker has brought him back. I don't know.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So all we need is a 3T, DT, CB's, multiple OL and just one WR? Who's rushing the passer on a consistent basis? I'd add another WR to your one, a LB and that's if we keep Roquan who i don't want to pay $20+ mil per to and i'm adding at least one DE because we don't have any starters especially after soon to be 34 year old Quinn gets traded. Also seems like they want to use Kmet as a blocker more than a pass catcher so i'm guessing their plan is to bring in a pass catching TE as well. Pretty close though. LOL

We have 115m in cap. More than enough money and draft capital to fill those holes in 2023 offseason.

Biggest issue really is I would trade for a young WR as dont like FA options. Whoever I can get with my 2nd or 3rd round draft pick that is under 26 and has had success in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.