**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We just need a solid No2 that can alleviate the pressure on Mooney.

Moore, Claypool or Higgins would be fine IMO.

Yes no more guaranteed money. Would not extend him as will be 32 when his deal runs out.
Higgins and Moore i see as #1's but Carolina has made it quite clear that they aren't trading Moore and don't see why Cincy would trade Higgins over Boyd, who i also am a big fan of and think his numbers would be more consistent of a legit #2 if Higgins wasn't there.

Claypool is just too risky for me with what seems to be some character issues. A player with character issues can ruin a whole locker room.

For me we definitely need to draft our #1. If we don't with our 1st pick then maybe do some work with a small trade up to get one in the middle to late 1st. Could get lucky and see one drop to the top of the 2nd but seems risky to take that chance to me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mooney is the #2. They need to get Fields a true #1.

I love Mooney but I’ve definitely seen enough to know he’s not a true #1.

I am saying we can succeed with 2 No 2 WRs. We dont need a true No 1.
I disagree. I think this offense could be just fine with another #2 WR. I think depth is a bigger problem than just having that "#1" stud WR.

A couple of quality WRs as opposed to one main guy would do wonders for this offense.

Yes agreed.

Higgins and Moore i see as #1's but Carolina has made it quite clear that they aren't trading Moore and don't see why Cincy would trade Higgins over Boyd, who i also am a big fan of and think his numbers would be more consistent of a legit #2 if Higgins wasn't there.

Claypool is just too risky for me with what seems to be some character issues. A player with character issues can ruin a whole locker room.

For me we definitely need to draft our #1. If we don't with our 1st pick then maybe do some work with a small trade up to get one in the middle to late 1st. Could get lucky and see one drop to the top of the 2nd but seems risky to take that chance to me.

I view both as high end 2s IMO. I have seen no hard evidence of character concerns on Claypool so would leave that up to Poles to figure out.

Not sure Bengals have the money to give Chase 25m+ year and Higgins 20m+. Boyd would be more cost effective.

By contrast we may be able to extend Mooney for like 15-17m amd then get another WR at 20m per.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I disagree. I think this offense could be just fine with another #2 WR. I think depth is a bigger problem than just having that "#1" stud WR.

A couple of quality WRs as opposed to one main guy would do wonders for this offense.
They have one quality one already. Depth is easy to get. What they need is another difference maker. A guy who makes that catch at the end of the game , win's those 50/50 throws and get's wide open. A guy who scares other defenses. Fields isn't going to be the type of QB that spreads it around to 4 guys equally at this point in his career. Get him a best friend like Mahomes has in Kelce or Allen has in Diggs.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Said before this team isnt as bad as people think. We have been in every game this year.

DL needs a good 3T and top DE and it can be top 10. Need to keep adding to CB depth.

You add another legit WR and a couple top OL and this O looks a lot better with more protection and ESB, Harry and Pettis as 4th-6th WR options.
Yeah yeah this team isn’t that bad just need a good 3T and a DE, another legit WR, and a COUPLE of good OL lmao definitely just a few key pieces away.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I am saying we can succeed with 2 No 2 WRs. We dont need a true No 1.

Yes agreed.

I view both as high end 2s IMO. I have seen no hard evidence of character concerns on Claypool so would leave that up to Poles to figure out.

Not sure Bengals have the money to give Chase 25m+ year and Higgins 20m+. Boyd would be more cost effective.

By contrast we may be able to extend Mooney for like 15-17m amd then get another WR at 20m per.

Is there a single team over the last 20 years that has won a SB with 2 WR#2?

It’s 2022 and we don’t want the bears to have a WR1??? Wtf

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
They have one quality one already. Depth is easy to get. What they need is another difference maker. A guy who makes that catch at the end of the game , win's those 50/50 throws and get's wide open. A guy who scares other defenses. Fields isn't going to be the type of QB that spreads it around to 4 guys equally at this point in his career. Get him a best friend like Mahomes has in Kelce or Allen has in Diggs.
Disagree. Having depth isn't the same as have roster spots filled.

We have a good #2 WR and then a bunch of #4-6 WRs.

The #1 WR is a kind of overplayed. Fields' game is going to be making plays extending the play or getting out of the pocket, whether that be running or off the script/scramble drill passing. You say he isn't going to be a QB that spreads it around to 4 guys and that's because he isn't a pure pocket passer that goes through all his reads consistently.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Disagree. Having depth isn't the same as have roster spots filled.

We have a good #2 WR and then a bunch of #4-6 WRs.

The #1 WR is a kind of overplayed. Fields' game is going to be making plays extending the play or getting out of the pocket, whether that be running or off the script/scramble drill passing. You say he isn't going to be a QB that spreads it around to 4 guys and that's because he isn't a pure pocket passer that goes through all his reads consistently.

Meh....

You win in the NFL with difference makers, not depth.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh....

You win in the NFL with difference makers, not depth.
Yep. There is no question in my mind he is getting incrementally better each week. Get him an AJ Brown, Metcalf, Jefferson etc., elite ? Probably not. Good to great, yes absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.