**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If the Bears are contracted by KC for Montgomery, I would suggest that Poles insist on getting Isaih Pacheco back as part of the deal. The guy would be a stud as a 3rd down RB and punt and kick returner. Pacheco kind of gets lost by defensive linemen and then it is too late because he has great burst and is very strong for a smaller guy.
I notice fans get way too cavalier with their ideas of just trading guys or cutting them loose willy nilly, especially with home grown guys.

With a guy like Montgomery, he was known to be the most upstanding of young men even coming out of college. Then the due plays his heart out here on a pretty bad team, and for awhile, is one of the only offensive players worth a shit. And it's like "trade him for a pick!" Imagine you're a young player on the Bears who got drafted one of the last two years and you saw your front office have the same type of attitude. Would you give a flying fuck about playing hard for this franchise, knowing it only has a good chance of getting traded for a draft pick?

I'm not saying to never trade a guy worth something. The Mack trade was the right call, and trading Quinn would be too. But when it comes to good quality homegrown players who play hard? If i'm the GM, i'm doing what I can to keep those guys around, both for the value they add as player but also the example it sets to the rest of the team, and Montgomery would be no exception for me even though we've got Herbert.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Correct, hence why 3 of our losses occurred basically on the last drive of the game. Our holes are not that daunting when you have 115m and a full complement of early round picks assuming Fields is the real deal.

Brady and the Pats numerous times including when they beat the Rams. Eagles when Nick Foles won it (No Alshon is not a no 1). Broncos and Seahawks. Giants twice against Pats.

Brady he gronk who is arguably the best, at least one of the very best, pass catching TE’s of all time. Though touché they never really had a number 1 besides the moss year.

Eagles are another good example but their #2’s are top end, they also had ertz performing at a very high level.

Seahawks won their Super Bowl with a legendary defense.

Broncos had demaryius Thomas, that’s a WR1 all day.

Giants - victor Cruz had his time but agree here. Granted they won on the back of the defense and a few miraculous plays.

I guess the question is what is more realistic, bears draft a legendary TE, develop a top 3 defense, fields turns into Peyton manning …. Or you try to bring in a WR1.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Watch the play ryan clark analyzes around 8:00.

Nobody open. O-line leaky.
it happens to all teams. not every play is going to be blocked perfectly or will every play have wide open WRs.I get that the team still has room to grow talent wise but it didnt stop them from being able to win the game and decisively

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really want one of their off season moves to be getting a legit pass catching tight end. I know that finding a Travis Kelce isn't going to happen but watching the dynamic of having a very mobile quarterback and a stud tight end is pretty hard for a defense to stop.

Best bet is you sign Gesicki and play him in mostly two TE sets with Kmet so he doesn't have to be the principal blocker. The question is whether that is worth the price tag as hard to use him as the principal TE in the run game hence why McDaniel doesn't use him much despite running a similar offense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brady he gronk who is arguably the best, at least one of the very best, pass catching TE’s of all time. Though touché they never really had a number 1 besides the moss year.

Eagles are another good example but their #2’s are top end, they also had ertz performing at a very high level.

Seahawks won their Super Bowl with a legendary defense.

Broncos had demaryius Thomas, that’s a WR1 all day.

Giants - victor Cruz had his time but agree here. Granted they won on the back of the defense and a few miraculous plays.

I guess the question is what is more realistic, bears draft a legendary TE, develop a top 3 defense, fields turns into Peyton manning …. Or you try to bring in a WR1.

Pats won 3 SBs before Gronk with guys like Deion Branch and Ben Watson. Never won with Moss. Forgot about Thomas on Broncos as that was the year Manning was terrible.

Bears D is 7th in scoring without a pass rush so I think the D is actually closer to being really good than the O right now. A really good 3T and DE probably puts this D top 3 potentially. I take a Jalen Carter or Will Anderson over a WR all day if they are there at our pick although if we win more that probably knocks us out of contention for those 2.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I notice fans get way too cavalier with their ideas of just trading guys or cutting them loose willy nilly, especially with home grown guys.

With a guy like Montgomery, he was known to be the most upstanding of young men even coming out of college. Then the due plays his heart out here on a pretty bad team, and for awhile, is one of the only offensive players worth a shit. And it's like "trade him for a pick!" Imagine you're a young player on the Bears who got drafted one of the last two years and you saw your front office have the same type of attitude. Would you give a flying fuck about playing hard for this franchise, knowing it only has a good chance of getting traded for a draft pick?

I'm not saying to never trade a guy worth something. The Mack trade was the right call, and trading Quinn would be too. But when it comes to good quality homegrown players who play hard? If i'm the GM, i'm doing what I can to keep those guys around, both for the value they add as player but also the example it sets to the rest of the team, and Montgomery would be no exception for me even though we've got Herbert.
Don't get me wrong, I think Montgomery is a good back and a fine human being. I'm just responding to the information that the Chiefs are interested in Montgomery And Quinn and I think that if they are serious about trading for him, then I love the guy the KC has as their number two back right now because of his own ability both as a runner as well as a returner.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Best bet is you sign Gesicki and play him in mostly two TE sets with Kmet so he doesn't have to be the principal blocker. The question is whether that is worth the price tag as hard to use him as the principal TE in the run game hence why McDaniel doesn't use him much despite running a similar offense.
He’s basically a big WR. Probably not a good fit as the combo TE in Getsy’s offense since he can’t block. Him & Schultz will be available and both are being phased out on their rosters.

Bears are better off waiting on Brock Bowers in the 2024 Draft. He is the next Kelce.

I highly doubt that the TE position will be an point of focus in the offseason

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He’s basically a big WR. Probably not a good fit as the combo TE in Getsy’s offense since he can’t block. Him & Schultz will be available and both are being phased out on their rosters.

Bears are better off waiting on Brock Bowers in the 2024 Draft. He is the next Kelce.

I believe Hayden Hurst is a FA. I’d have some interest depending on price.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

Fuck yeah. UGA homer here, and Bowers is one of the best college TEs I’ve ever seen play, and he is only in his second year. He is going to be a beast in the pros.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah he probably plays the big slot WR/ Move TE role where he isnt asked to block much. If the D stays in base then throw. If they go to nickel then he can block the NB in the run game.

Status
Not open for further replies.