**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Pats won 3 SBs before Gronk with guys like Deion Branch and Ben Watson. Never won with Moss. Forgot about Thomas on Broncos as that was the year Manning was terrible.

Bears D is 7th in scoring without a pass rush so I think the D is actually closer to being really good than the O right now. A really good 3T and DE probably puts this D top 3 potentially. I take a Jalen Carter or Will Anderson over a WR all day if they are there at our pick although if we win more that probably knocks us out of contention for those 2.
I don’t disagree with this at all, I guess I’m just lower in the defense due to schedule they’ve played. I’ve liked what we’ve seen from robinsons and Gipson, but they don’t bring much consistently and there’s almost no sack pressure. The middle of the line is a huge weakness.

When you look at the schedule I think that reflects why the defense is ranked so highly:
SF in a monsoon and trey lance sucks
GB has been putrid on offense
The Texans lol.
Vikes put up some points but fell off after the quick and easy 3 TD’s
Daniel jones and the giants offense is not great
Commanders lol
NE has been mostly meh all season until zappe took off, but I’ll credit the defense here.

Poles investment in brisker and Gordon is paying off so far. Especially if Gordon develops as CB historically takes longer to develop, this could be a huge win going to next year.

I’d be shocked if this defense remains top 10 by years end though. This week against cowboys could be a better test. I think the high of the NE win is causing some delusion though. I expect needs to be OL, DL/DE, WR in that order. Could probably argue DL will be #1 I’m just tired of trotting out 5th round tackles, a shit C, and mediocre guards every week.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pulling from the Ravens offense huh?
Tough Guy Entrance (Jawad Meme) GIF by lassovideos | Gfycat

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t disagree with this at all, I guess I’m just lower in the defense due to schedule they’ve played. I’ve liked what we’ve seen from robinsons and Gipson, but they don’t bring much consistently and there’s almost no sack pressure. The middle of the line is a huge weakness.

When you look at the schedule I think that reflects why the defense is ranked so highly:
SF in a monsoon and trey lance sucks
GB has been putrid on offense
The Texans lol.
Vikes put up some points but fell off after the quick and easy 3 TD’s
Daniel jones and the giants offense is not great
Commanders lol
NE has been mostly meh all season until zappe took off, but I’ll credit the defense here.

Poles investment in brisker and Gordon is paying off so far. Especially if Gordon develops as CB historically takes longer to develop, this could be a huge win going to next year.

I’d be shocked if this defense remains top 10 by years end though. This week against cowboys could be a better test. I think the high of the NE win is causing some delusion though. I expect needs to be OL, DL/DE, WR in that order. Could probably argue DL will be #1 I’m just tired of trotting out 5th round tackles, a shit C, and mediocre guards every week.

Oh I expect the D to falter at some point as well but they potentially have 4 impact guys going forward. They have a stud at LB and another solid guy at MLB. So the main downside now is they just need good 3T and DE to elevate that D further.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Oh I expect the D to falter at some point as well but they potentially have 4 impact guys going forward. They have a stud at LB and another solid guy at MLB. So the main downside now is they just need good 3T and DE to elevate that D further.

Yeah my argument here is that those pieces are the absolute hardest to come by. Most good ones don’t get let go unless they are older, inured. You can get good safety play from round 2, which is what piles did.

Pace got incredibly lucky with hicks and had gave up 2 first for mack.

It’s going to take a 1st or 2nd for either a DE or DT, or poles is going to have to win the lotto with his FA.

Likewise, you can get a playmaker in round 1 or early round 2. If you want a starting LT that’s going to take the 1 or 2 as well.

Not enough picks to turn this around in 1 year imo. That’s also if poles hits on all picks, which just isn’t realistic.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah my argument here is that those pieces are the absolute hardest to come by. Most good ones don’t get let go unless they are older, inured. You can get good safety play from round 2, which is what piles did.

Pace got incredibly lucky with hicks and had gave up 2 first for mack.

It’s going to take a 1st or 2nd for either a DE or DT, or poles is going to have to win the lotto with his FA.

Likewise, you can get a playmaker in round 1 or early round 2. If you want a starting LT that’s going to take the 1 or 2 as well.

Not enough picks to turn this around in 1 year imo. That’s also if poles hits on all picks, which just isn’t realistic.
With 115m, here would be my FA targets.

DT - One of Hargrave, Payne, Larry O with Payne being my No 1 choice
DE - Chubb or Ngakoue with preference on Chubb as he is younger
OL - Conklin and Jenkins
WR - Noah Brown and one of Hardman or Callaway.

Draft you can then go BPA. Anderson/Carter/WR in the first. Add to CB and OL depth mid rounds and later.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
With 115m, here would be my FA targets.

DT - One of Hargrave, Payne, Larry O with Payne being my No 1 choice
DE - Chubb or Ngakoue with preference on Chubb as he is younger
OL - Conklin and Jenkins
WR - Noah Brown and one of Hardman or Callaway.

Draft you can then go BPA. Anderson/Carter/WR in the first. Add to CB and OL depth mid rounds and later.
Hardman sucks. Please no.
WR I'd look at juju or jacoby Meyers in FA. The rest I'm on the same page. I'd target a C like Morse or pocic as well. I'd also target a cb. Idk what kind of price moseley will be coming off an acl.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hardman sucks. Please no.
WR I'd look at juju or jacoby Meyers in FA. The rest I'm on the same page. I'd target a C like Morse or pocic as well. I'd also target a cb. Idk what kind of price moseley will be coming off an acl.

Hardman and Jones can fill the speed/gadget role and this O runs more of the jet sweeps that the Hardman scored 3 times on Sunday. Hardman is also a better option at PR than what we currently have. He isn't doing it this year but did it the past 3 years.

I assumed Pats would resign Myers given they have 60m+ in cap. Not really a fan of Juju as think he will command 18-20m a year and you could probably get both Brown and Hardman for that price. Don't think he is a great fit for what Fields likes to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.