**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am saying we can succeed with 2 No 2 WRs. We dont need a true No 1.

Yes agreed.

I view both as high end 2s IMO. I have seen no hard evidence of character concerns on Claypool so would leave that up to Poles to figure out.

Not sure Bengals have the money to give Chase 25m+ year and Higgins 20m+. Boyd would be more cost effective.

By contrast we may be able to extend Mooney for like 15-17m amd then get another WR at 20m per.
I really want one of their off season moves to be getting a legit pass catching tight end. I know that finding a Travis Kelce isn't going to happen but watching the dynamic of having a very mobile quarterback and a stud tight end is pretty hard for a defense to stop.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You think we can get that legit #1 WR with a 2nd or 3rd round pick? We need at least 1 legit #1 WR.

It would be tough too. Not saying it can’t happen but it’s a lot less likely

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Cowboys just made a trade with the Raiders to get DT Jonathan Hankins.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I thought that too. Montgomery has the best contact balance in the league, maybe the world.

All sides really need to find the sweet-spot of appropriate contract money and usage to keep him here long term. What he can do when used the right way at the right time is rare.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought that too. Montgomery has the best contact balance in the league, maybe the world.
If the Bears are contracted by KC for Montgomery, I would suggest that Poles insist on getting Isaih Pacheco back as part of the deal. The guy would be a stud as a 3rd down RB and punt and kick returner. Pacheco kind of gets lost by defensive linemen and then it is too late because he has great burst and is very strong for a smaller guy.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think Addison is the best wr in the draft. I'm not really high on jsn, boutte, or Johnston personally. There are some interesting guys who probably go rnd 2 or later (wicks VA, mims Oklahoma). Not sure where the Tennessee wrs go.
I've been watching JSN quite a bit to get a feel for him. He's really good. He's just not fast. He's not slow either. Id say he's fast enough. His hands and route running at top notch. I think he lead the nation in catch rate percentage last season at 84%

He's got destructive feet. What I mean by that are the ways in which he's able to release, break out of his stems and also make people miss. He's excellent at varying his speeds to create deception. He's quick and a very good athlete with good contact balance and excellent body control. There's a lot to like with him but he's just not the kind of player that could hit his head on the goal post on any given play.

He'd certainly be a welcome addition here and help bolster the offense. That's if his injury isn't a major concern.

He doesn't have elite measurables and very likely won't post an elite athlete index score which will keep him out of the top 10 on draft day. But I could see him posting eliteish numbers in the short shuttle and 3-cone.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Will be interesting to see the Bears gameplan against that incredible Cowboys defense. We have a similar attack to Philly who had some success vs. Parsons and company. Not expecting much, but would love another surprise performance.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah yeah this team isn’t that bad just need a good 3T and a DE, another legit WR, and a COUPLE of good OL lmao definitely just a few key pieces away.

Correct, hence why 3 of our losses occurred basically on the last drive of the game. Our holes are not that daunting when you have 115m and a full complement of early round picks assuming Fields is the real deal.

Is there a single team over the last 20 years that has won a SB with 2 WR#2?

It’s 2022 and we don’t want the bears to have a WR1??? Wtf
Brady and the Pats numerous times including when they beat the Rams. Eagles when Nick Foles won it (No Alshon is not a no 1). Broncos and Seahawks. Giants twice against Pats.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I really want one of their off season moves to be getting a legit pass catching tight end. I know that finding a Travis Kelce isn't going to happen but watching the dynamic of having a very mobile quarterback and a stud tight end is pretty hard for a defense to stop.
Agreed. It's sad because CHI has wasted so much money in resources in trying to find a TE since Greg Olsen (caveat that Bennett was good).

Status
Not open for further replies.