**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought L.Patrick was playing well and that it showed in the whole OL but can this guy stay healthy enough so we can see him play C to determine if he's the real deal or not is the question.

Getsy throwing in those designed runs for Fields was huge for him, i think there were like 12 of them which might be too many to do every week but either way this needs to be a bigger part of every game plan.

I didn't think about K.Gordon one time last night because i don't think his name was even called, which isn't a bad thing, and then he comes up with that big INT and i'm like, oh yeah. LOL. I'm wondering what the plan for E.Jackson is after this year because the guy is playing as good as he did his first two years until we payed him. I don't want to pay him again and the same thing happen. Maybe he really did miss A.Amos that much and having Brisker has brought him back. I don't know.

Jackson is signed thru 2024.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Said before this team isnt as bad as people think. We have been in every game this year.

DL needs a good 3T and top DE and it can be top 10. Need to keep adding to CB depth.

You add another legit WR and a couple top OL and this O looks a lot better with more protection and ESB, Harry and Pettis as 4th-6th WR options.
I mean yes and no. I think it more speaks to the fact that nothing (singularly) is more important to winning than good QB play in the NFL.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We have 115m in cap. More than enough money and draft capital to fill those holes in 2023 offseason.

Biggest issue really is I would trade for a young WR as dont like FA options. Whoever I can get with my 2nd or 3rd round draft pick that is under 26 and has had success in the NFL.
You think we can get that legit #1 WR with a 2nd or 3rd round pick? We need at least 1 legit #1 WR.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Yeah i know, but his guaranteed money is done after this year. Pretty sure i'm right on that, can you confirm?
His guarantee money is up after this year, but the Bears are still on the hook for $9.5M in dead cap space for the remainder of his bonus

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You think we can get that legit #1 WR with a 2nd or 3rd round pick? We need at least 1 legit #1 WR.
We just need a solid No2 that can alleviate the pressure on Mooney.

Moore, Claypool or Higgins would be fine IMO.

Yeah i know, but his guaranteed money is done after this year. Pretty sure i'm right on that, can you confirm?

Yes no more guaranteed money. Would not extend him as will be 32 when his deal runs out.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We just need a solid No2 that can alleviate the pressure on Mooney.

Moore, Claypool or Higgins would be fine IMO.

Yes no more guaranteed money. Would not extend him as will be 32 when his deal runs out.

Mooney is the #2. They need to get Fields a true #1.

I love Mooney but I’ve definitely seen enough to know he’s not a true #1.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Haven’t watched enough to comment but Addison seems to be the CCS flavor of the moment.
I think Addison is the best wr in the draft. I'm not really high on jsn, boutte, or Johnston personally. There are some interesting guys who probably go rnd 2 or later (wicks VA, mims Oklahoma). Not sure where the Tennessee wrs go.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No. They need to draft one. Only chance they have. Unless you're a JuJu fan.
I mean i don't consider JuJu a legit #1 but i do think he's a legit slot receiver so i guess he is a legit #1 in that way.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Mooney is the #2. They need to get Fields a true #1.

I love Mooney but I’ve definitely seen enough to know he’s not a true #1.
I disagree. I think this offense could be just fine with another #2 WR. I think depth is a bigger problem than just having that "#1" stud WR.

A couple of quality WRs as opposed to one main guy would do wonders for this offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.