**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I would much rather have difference makers up front than at WR. Free agency will likely dictate that as well.

I would say Edelman was never really a #1, he just fit what the Pats and Brady wanted to really well. Like Welker.

But he was never an elite WR.
I agree ? that’s why I believe priority one is building the lines and going from there for the rest of the roster.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wayne Chrebet.

That's it, that's the post.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Prisco hatez da Bearz

Chicago Bears at Dallas Cowboys (-10)​

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET (Fox, FuboTV)

The Bears impressed in beating the Patriots, but this will be a big step up for their young offense facing the Dallas defense. The Cowboys will counter with a strong running game against a Chicago defense that struggles against the run. With the Bears on a short week and out on the road again, this will get ugly.

Pick: Cowboys 31, Bears 14

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Prisco hatez da Bearz

Chicago Bears at Dallas Cowboys (-10)​

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET (Fox, FuboTV)

The Bears impressed in beating the Patriots, but this will be a big step up for their young offense facing the Dallas defense. The Cowboys will counter with a strong running game against a Chicago defense that struggles against the run. With the Bears on a short week and out on the road again, this will get ugly.

Pick: Cowboys 31, Bears 14
I’m interested in seeing how the oline holds up against their pass rush.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is a FTO thread, you sniveling sack of shit. I was definitely happy to see the Bears look like a completely different team the other night while you were probably still crying about people disliking you on an anonymous message board.
a5208873-cfca-4854-986a-d2e7a47916c7_text.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Completely agreed. Wes Welker was more of a #1 although I'd say the same thing as you said above about it. Edelman was a slightly lesser version of Welker. They were kinda system guys.
When you have Tom Brady you don't need anyone to be a #1 because he will make you a #1. We don't have a Tom Brady.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ogunjobi plays in a 3-4. His sack total from his position will never be high. EL is such a fucking clueless football fan.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would much rather have difference makers up front than at WR. Free agency will likely dictate that as well.

I would say Edelman was never really a #1, he just fit what the Pats and Brady wanted to really well. Like Welker.

But he was never an elite WR.
I would agree but was just allowing that if you did consider him a No 1, he certainly was not one in 2018 when he had around 800 yards or 2016 when he had a Mooney like yardage total.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When you have Tom Brady you don't need anyone to be a #1 because he will make you a #1. We don't have a Tom Brady.

Fields likes to spread the ball around as he doesn't force feed the ball to anyone in particular. Has nothing to do with how great a QB is. Has to do with their play style By contrast 3M used to force feed the ball to ARob hence why I always said ARob's numbers were inflated. Shit QBs will force it into the supposed No 1 guy. We saw last year Fields didn't give a shit about ARob's number 1 status. He threw to the guys he thought were open which usually wasn't ARob.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Fields likes to spread the ball around as he doesn't force feed the ball to anyone in particular. Has nothing to do with how great a QB is. Has to do with their play style By contrast 3M used to force feed the ball to ARob hence why I always said ARob's numbers were inflated. Shit QBs will force it into the supposed No 1 guy. We saw last year Fields didn't give a shit about ARob's number 1 status. He threw to the guys he thought were open which usually wasn't ARob.
He force fed Mooney last year dummy. You don't talk to Fields to know what he does or doesn't like. You don't know if he would or wouldn't like a player like JuJu, as you said he wouldn't in another post. Mahomes was terrible force feeding Hill and Kelce, Allen was horrible force feeding Diggs until he found Gabriel late last year. I can keep going but i don't want to give you the pleasure of spewing your nonsense with me on the other end. Great QB's 1,000% have their favorite WR's that they feed.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Ogunjobi plays in a 3-4. His sack total from his position will never be high. EL is such a fucking clueless football fan.
I was surprised he signed with Pittsburgh for that reason. I wouldn't be mad if the Bears brought him in next offseason as he's played decent from what I've seen/read.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He force fed Mooney last year dummy. You don't talk to Fields to know what he does or doesn't like. You don't know if he would or wouldn't like a player like JuJu, as you said he wouldn't in another post. Mahomes was terrible force feeding Hill and Kelce, Allen was horrible force feeding Diggs until he found Gabriel late last year. I can keep going but i don't want to give you the pleasure of spewing your nonsense with me on the other end. Great QB's 1,000% have their favorite WR's that they feed.

No he didn't dummy. Mooney had 2.9 yards of separation compared to 1.9 for ARob. He threw to Mooney because Mooney was open and got good separation. He doesn't generally like throwing into tight windows hence why he still hesitates to throw to guys that are NFL open. He also liked throwing to Mooney as generally Mooney ran deeper routes and he favors throwing downfield.

Juju isn't a great fit as others have explained, he is more of a zone beater and struggles in man. Fields again likes to attack downfield particularly when guys are one on one in man. At 10-12m, there might still be a role for Juju but if he gets closer to 18-20 that is too much money for a guy that is unlikely to open up the downfield game.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Maybe his high knees will help him see the field better and throw more accurately.

Actually now that I think about it, maybe sleep deprivation is what is causing him to drag the rest of the team down.
I can see it now, Sunday morning post game comments of "we slept walk through that game" and then someone blaming Russ for doing high knees on the plane. Please let this happen.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
No he didn't dummy. Mooney had 2.9 yards of separation compared to 1.9 for ARob. He threw to Mooney because Mooney was open and got good separation. He doesn't generally like throwing into tight windows hence why he still hesitates to throw to guys that are NFL open. He also liked throwing to Mooney as generally Mooney ran deeper routes and he favors throwing downfield.

Juju isn't a great fit as others have explained, he is more of a zone beater and struggles in man. Fields again likes to attack downfield particularly when guys are one on one in man. At 10-12m, there might still be a role for Juju but if he gets closer to 18-20 that is too much money for a guy that is unlikely to open up the downfield game.
I think perhaps that would make Juju a good fit actually. A different type of target to work the middle of the field and do the dirty work. Variety of talent is a good thing. Teams can take that away without the threat of underneath production. Have a whole WR corps of undersized speedsters isn't necessarily a good thing.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think perhaps that would make Juju a good fit actually. A different type of target to work the middle of the field and do the dirty work. Variety of talent is a good thing. Teams can take that away without the threat of underneath production. Have a whole WR corps of undersized speedsters isn't necessarily a good thing.

This would definitely fit.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was surprised he signed with Pittsburgh for that reason. I wouldn't be mad if the Bears brought him in next offseason as he's played decent from what I've seen/read.

He’s been a force for them. It was an odd signing as he’s a poor fit for that scheme. Definitely would like to see him back if no deal for D Payne or a top rookie 3T

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dongbears getting owned per usual, you love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.