**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think perhaps that would make Juju a good fit actually. A different type of target to work the middle of the field and do the dirty work. Variety of talent is a good thing. Teams can take that away without the threat of underneath production. Have a whole WR corps of undersized speedsters isn't necessarily a good thing.
JuJu is best in the slot. Bears coincidentally, need a slot receiver. Don’t see an issue here unless he’s asking for too much

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
He’s been a force for them. It was an odd signing as he’s a poor fit for that scheme. Definitely would like to see him back if no deal for D Payne or a top rookie 3T
I'd like to see him and payne since they are different positions. Create a dominant interior with good depth from Jones and watts. If they had some pass rush the defense could be dominant

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think perhaps that would make Juju a good fit actually. A different type of target to work the middle of the field and do the dirty work. Variety of talent is a good thing. Teams can take that away without the threat of underneath production. Have a whole WR corps of undersized speedsters isn't necessarily a good thing.

Yes but that only works if Fields is willing to utilize him. My point is I would be wary of paying big money to a WR unless I was convinced he fit Fields play style.

I would prefer it be a WR like Mooney ie someone who Fields is inclined to throw to because he gets downfield.

If you want to add variety then get a mid tier guy like ESB or Harry but perhaps a better track record.

Now if Juju comes at 10-12m then fine but would not want to him 15-20m and then have to do the same with Mooney.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I gotta wonder if Ogunjobi would be willing to sign with Poles again. As a fan i can certainly understand what Poles did but there might be a grudge there.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I gotta wonder if Ogunjobi would be willing to sign with Poles again. As a fan i can certainly understand what Poles did but there might be a grudge there.

Yeah I would imagine Poles would have to smooth things over somehow.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can see it now, Sunday morning post game comments of "we slept walk through that game" and then someone blaming Russ for doing high knees on the plane. Please let this happen.
Anyone remember what Kramer did in the final episode of Seinfeld? Lmao, Russ is a weird dude.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
How is this on Poles? He failed the team physical
He was offered a contract with $20m+ guaranteed and then had it pulled. Regardless of the reason, there may be some animosity there. Of course I don't know for sure.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How is this on Poles? He failed the team physical

Becasue humans are human. Doesnt appear to be an issue now so there was always the option of honoring contract and just letting him heal up. I know why Poles didnt take that chance but doesnt mean Larry O is as understanding.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Becasue humans are human. Doesnt appear to be an issue now so there was always the option of honoring contract and just letting him heal up. I know why Poles didnt take that chance but doesnt mean Larry O is as understanding.
Poles met with Larry O in a car or something? Wasn't that the story? Either way, Poles said it was one of the hardest conversations he's ever had to have. I've got to believe Poles wouldn't have said that if he hadn't already tried to make the news as easy to bear as possible.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Poles met with Larry O in a car or something? Wasn't that the story? Either way, Poles said it was one of the hardest conversations he's ever had to have. I've got to believe Poles wouldn't have said that if he hadn't already tried to make the news as easy to bear as possible.
I don't blame Poles, but for Ogunjobi, who had made life changing money to that point, but not real FU money to take care of him and family for life, it might have felt personal to have that taken away. Of course I'm speculating.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I don't blame Poles, but for Ogunjobi, who had made life changing money to that point, but not real FU money to take care of him and family for life, it might have felt personal to have that taken away. Of course I'm speculating.
Maybe. And I'm saying Poles had probably done all he could to smooth things over already.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
dolphins seem to be making it work...hill, waddle, sherfield, wilson jr...i think all of them run a 4.4 or better...then you have mostert running a 4.4 or better and i think even gesicki is one of the faster TE's in the league...

having different types of targets is good and all but when it comes down to it, if there is a speed threat you need speed to match or you'll have to double or bracket or run zone only...when there are multiple speed threats, unless your defense has speed to cover its only a matter of time before players get open.

Status
Not open for further replies.