**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Chris Godwin is an interesting target. Tampa is maybe in the worst cap situation I've ever seen next year, and they are imploding and Brady looks done.

Godwin's money is largely guaranteed but in the form of simple salary, meaning a trade would give the Bucs significant cap relief. He'd come with one year at $20m, mostly guaranteed as far as I can tell, with that money easily rolled into a signing bonus to create something like $51m/3 years $30gtd for his 28, 29, 30 year old season with the first two basically guaranteed.

I think he'd probably cost a 3rd or so given the Bears take the full salary.
Rumor has it that Mike Evans will be available this off-season.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Bears got clay pool.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Chris Godwin is an interesting target. Tampa is maybe in the worst cap situation I've ever seen next year, and they are imploding and Brady looks done.

Godwin's money is largely guaranteed but in the form of simple salary, meaning a trade would give the Bucs significant cap relief. He'd come with one year at $20m, mostly guaranteed as far as I can tell, with that money easily rolled into a signing bonus to create something like $51m/3 years $30gtd for his 28, 29, 30 year old season with the first two basically guaranteed.

I think he'd probably cost a 3rd or so given the Bears take the full salary.

He has void years so would cost 15m against 2023 cap for Bucs to trade vs 23.75 cap hit if kept so they would save 8.75m. Assume they will wait until next year to move him as still probably hope to win a weak AFC South.

For Bears he would have 2 years at 40m with 2023 salary of 20m fully guaranteed which as you said you can convert into SB if you want to spread it. Could probably offer him a 2 year extension if you wanted to spread the money even more and that would take him to his age 30 season.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He has void years so would cost 15m against 2023 cap for Bucs to trade vs 23.75 cap hit if kept so they would save 8.75m. Assume they will wait until next year to move him as still probably hope to win a weak AFC South.

For Bears he would have 2 years at 40m with 2023 salary of 20m fully guaranteed which as you said you can convert into SB if you want to spread it. Could probably offer him a 2 year extension if you wanted to spread the money even more and that would take him to his age 30 season.
Doesn't matter now cause they got your boy!

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Waiting on cost, but Claypool is pretty obviously an upgrade at one of the biggest areas of need.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
I’d rather we draft a WR in the 2nd so we have him in a rookie deal for 4 years, but whatever. So we basically traded Roquan for Claypool.

Status
Not open for further replies.