**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
didnt realize the lions only have 1 win...certainly not disguising the need for the number 1 pick...wonder if campbell makes it till the end of the year.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Right so he said what his thought process was but it is unknowable to you. Guess I am just better at listening than you are. No biggie.

No he didn't. His thought process is unknowable per CCS.
I mean maybe. He’s said a lot of things he’s gone back on.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mean maybe. He’s said a lot of things he’s gone back on.

Has he? I think people aren't listening to the totality of what he said and just picking sound bites. Saying for example you want to build thru the draft doesn't mean you aren't going to ever make trades or dabble in FA when you have 125m in cap space. Especially when you also said you want to get your QB a WR he can trust when in most cases recently that occured via trade not draft (Murray, Allen, Tua).

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Has he? I think people aren't listening to the totality of what he said and just picking sound bites. Saying for example you want to build thru the draft doesn't mean you aren't going to ever make trades or dabble in FA when you have 125m in cap space. Especially when you also said you want to get your QB a WR he can trust when in most cases recently that occured via trade not draft (Murray, Allen, Tua).

He made one trade that involved sending a Bears pick and people here have started assuming “he isn’t building thru the draft!!!”

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I thought he had said something about not making more moves after the Quinn trade, or something about wanting to re sign roquan (granted that was a while ago).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m going to write more about this when I get the time, but I’m more and more convinced they’re going to keep Harry in the slot and more of a move TE/big slot than a boundary receiver. I’m thinking Claypool becomes almost a pure X, like Adams, and just rips the top off the D.

A consequence of the Harry big slot and Claypool X is more single coverage on Mooney. Good luck stopping Fields as he gets more and more weapons.

Next year is going to be a good year.
The deep ball fails have been demoralizing. It will be great having a guy that can adjust to or knows how to run through a ball.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Article says that the Bears sent a 5th rounder as well? Is that true?
It may have been a situation where more than one team offered a 2nd and when Poles said that they could have our original 2, won the bidding due to projected record. I know that we're currently tied but you'd have to project Claypool would advance the Pack and Rodgers more than the Bear, especially since we just sold off 2 of our top D players.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought he had said something about not making more moves after the Quinn trade, or something about wanting to re sign roquan (granted that was a while ago).

Don't recall the Quinn one but sure he said he wanted to sign Quan but that doesn't mean he will sign him as that still depends on coming to an agreement on price.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bears sent the Pittsburgh Steelers a second and fifth-round pick for the 24-year-old wide receiver. The Notre Dame product will help fulfill a desperate need for the Bears’ offense. Another positive, the Bears’ secondary won’t have to face Claypool, as they outbid whatever the Packers would have offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.