**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What did the Bears trade for Claypool?

The Bears acquired wide receiver Chase Claypool from the Steelers for their 2023 second-round pick. Additionally, the Steelers traded a 2025 conditional sixth-rounder to the Commanders for William Jackson and a 2025 conditional seventh-rounder.

That article didn't mention anything about a 5th from the Bears.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What did the Bears trade for Claypool?

The Bears acquired wide receiver Chase Claypool from the Steelers for their 2023 second-round pick. Additionally, the Steelers traded a 2025 conditional sixth-rounder to the Commanders for William Jackson and a 2025 conditional seventh-rounder.

That article didn't mention anything about a 5th from the Bears.
I literally just copied and pasted the paragraph above in my last post

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

lol did that one earlier. Got you covered!
I loved reading those tweets from Packers fans. That’d be a great thread, just start stockpiling all of their crying and sniveling in one spot.

Ad for me, when it comes to the tears of Packers fans —

1667414130004.jpeg

1667414062396.jpeg

Pour that misery!

Last edited:

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears sent the Pittsburgh Steelers a second and fifth-round pick for the 24-year-old wide receiver. The Notre Dame product will help fulfill a desperate need for the Bears’ offense. Another positive, the Bears’ secondary won’t have to face Claypool, as they outbid whatever the Packers would have offered.
Ah yikes that’s bad. Better update it.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I’m going to write more about this when I get the time, but I’m more and more convinced they’re going to keep Harry in the slot and more of a move TE/big slot than a boundary receiver. I’m thinking Claypool becomes almost a pure X, like Adams, and just rips the top off the D.

A consequence of the Harry big slot and Claypool X is more single coverage on Mooney. Good luck stopping Fields as he gets more and more weapons.

Next year is going to be a good year.
Another good thing about having Harry in the slot and Claypool at the X is their blocking ability, these guys block like H-Backs. The Bears will still be able to ground and pound in the run game in three wide sets.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Another good thing about having Harry in the slot and Claypool at the X is their blocking ability, these guys block like H-Backs. The Bears will still be able to ground and pound in the run game in three wide sets.
Exactly! I’m only calling Harry a Big slot because he’s a WR. He is a very good blocker, as is Claypool, and will be able to block. Having Harry on the field creates the effect of a move TE in terms of blocking, but as a WR. Honestly, I think this is what they wanted from Pringle, but his injury isn’t letting them get that role from him.

Now, everything I’ve been hearing about Claypool is that he’s an extremely good blocker. I didn’t know that he was once a monster on ST at Notre Dame. He’s a mean dude and an athlete. I like the idea of a guy that many had once predicted would be converted to a TE out blocking on the boundary.

Status
Not open for further replies.