**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
My issue with this is we can get a 3T in FA without having to give up picks. Not a fan of trading down and not getting an extra 1st or two out of it. Would rather just sign some combo of Payne, Jones, Hargrave, etc and still trade down for 2 or 3 firsts if you can.

Now if we somehow miss out on the DTs in FA then I would consider this trade bit would still want another first IMO.
Buckner is better than those guys imo, and you can pair him with Payne for the best IDL in the league.

Jones is meh and Hargrave is ok, but hard to trust a dude with his career stats when he doesn't have studs literally all around him. Neither of those guys is close to the impact of Buckner imo.

They aren't getting three firsts for the second pick unless they go way down. Even then, unlikely.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Exactly. The Bears have a loaded FA class and potentially Jalen Carter in front of them if they want a big time 3T. The Colts will pick top 6, still a chance to get Carter even with a trade down. I'd take Carter and the multiple other picks over Buckner and probably 1 or 2 extra picks, which are probably not 1sts.
How do you get Cater and multiple other picks? If you traded #2 you aren't getting Carter.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
you traded #2 you aren't getting Carter.
Colts are probably picking 5th. So if they trade up that likely means.

1. Houston- QB
2. Indianapolis- QB
3. Seattle
4. Arizona

I think Seattle would go for Anderson over Carter. Arizona could go Carter, they lose Watt and potentially Zach Allen as well. But still that leaves a 50/50 chance Carter is there at 5. Plus, both of these would also be prime trade down spots as a team goes for the 3rd QB with 2 off the board right off the bat.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Buckner is better than those guys imo, and you can pair him with Payne for the best IDL in the league.

Jones is meh and Hargrave is ok, but hard to trust a dude with his career stats when he doesn't have studs literally all around him. Neither of those guys is close to the impact of Buckner imo.

They aren't getting three firsts for the second pick unless they go way down. Even then, unlikely.
I think you're off on your Hargrave opinion. He's better than ok IMO.

Buckner is a beast though but isn't he 29 or 30 already? Not saying that's old but with the Bears being so far away (and they are further away than some on here think) i would want younger players at such dominant positions on this team/defense.

Rawk

Liked Posts:
Yeah and what’s the league average passer rating these days? It’s about 90, believe. AVERAGE.
Average implies
Yeah and what’s the league average passer rating these days? It’s about 90, believe. AVERAGE.
Yeah and what’s the average OL and WR room looks like these days?

So basically he has an average passer rating while throwing to the wrost wr group in the nfl and being protected by (who?).

And he still manages to add 1000 plus rushing yards while everybody knows its the only way to save his butt.

If you can make an average meal with rotten meat and veggies you are a chef.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Exactly. The Bears have a loaded FA class and potentially Jalen Carter in front of them if they want a big time 3T. The Colts will pick top 6, still a chance to get Carter even with a trade down. I'd take Carter and the multiple other picks over Buckner and probably 1 or 2 extra picks, which are probably not 1sts.

Yeah if I am accepting players in a trade it would be Metcalf, Adams or Moore. Maybe Kyle Pitts bit valued as a 2nd rounder fpr trade purposes.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Sure Buckner is better. Just not better enough for me to give up effectively a 1st round pick for 2 years at 20m a year or so.

Phins got 3 firsts to go from 3 to 12. All depends on how desperate a team is.

If I am going to use pur picknto trade for a player then I would do it for Metcalf, Adams or Moore as the gap between tbose guys and the FA WRs is greater than between Buckner and the FA DTs.

Having daid that, that is my personal preference. I get the logic on Buckner.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wouldn’t have since he missed a game anyway so it would have been 16 games
I believe lamar did it in 15 games so people would say that but then someone else would point out fields did it in fewer attempts..

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Colts are probably picking 5th. So if they trade up that likely means.

1. Houston- QB
2. Indianapolis- QB
3. Seattle
4. Arizona

I think Seattle would go for Anderson over Carter. Arizona could go Carter, they lose Watt and potentially Zach Allen as well. But still that leaves a 50/50 chance Carter is there at 5. Plus, both of these would also be prime trade down spots as a team goes for the 3rd QB with 2 off the board right off the bat.
Could be, could also be left holding your dick.

If I make another trade down, 100% I'd want Buckner.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think you're off on your Hargrave opinion. He's better than ok IMO.

Buckner is a beast though but isn't he 29 or 30 already? Not saying that's old but with the Bears being so far away (and they are further away than some on here think) i would want younger players at such dominant positions on this team/defense.
Hargrave is a year older than Buckner, and I think he's good but not close to Buckner. His game is also based more on quickness, which gnerally fades faster, where Buckner's more power, length, and leverage. I expect him to hold up better.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Sure Buckner is better. Just not better enough for me to give up effectively a 1st round pick for 2 years at 20m a year or so.

Phins got 3 firsts to go from 3 to 12. All depends on how desperate a team is.

If I am going to use pur picknto trade for a player then I would do it for Metcalf, Adams or Moore as the gap between tbose guys and the FA WRs is greater than between Buckner and the FA DTs.

Having daid that, that is my personal preference. I get the logic on Buckner.
I think the idea would be to extend Buckner. He'd be 32 at the end of a four year deal, which essentially coincides with Fields rookie deal plus one cheap year on his next deal. To me, Buckner's game is built to be strong into his 30s.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hear alot of talk about Buckner but will the Colts even let him go?

Status
Not open for further replies.