**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
All ratings have gone down for radio since the 2000’s. People are listening to Sirius, podcasts and streaming music from their phones since then. Doesn’t matter the broadcast, radio itself has a lot more competition since then.
This is the correct answer, it's a dying medium like the local newspaper. And for the same basic reasons.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was thinking about Buckner, and I had this as the exact trade that would be the best outcome for the Bears. This is what I hope happens.

Not a fan of Rashee Rice and Tuli won't be there in R4, but very good on the draft otherwise.
My issue with this is we can get a 3T in FA without having to give up picks. Not a fan of trading down and not getting an extra 1st or two out of it. Would rather just sign some combo of Payne, Jones, Hargrave, etc and still trade down for 2 or 3 firsts if you can.

Now if we somehow miss out on the DTs in FA then I would consider this trade bit would still want another first IMO.

Last edited:

Brownie

Liked Posts:
The Tank is on! Well played Poles & Flus!!

ScratchyNegativeAlaskankleekai-size_restricted.gif

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
On one hand, I totally get resting Fields, but on the other, it kind of sucks that the last game he played this season is going to be his worst. You'd like to end the season off on a little better note than 75 yards passing (or whatever it was) against DET.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just read his list of controversies. Called a Korean Cubs baseball player a “chinamen.” What a clown.
Jesus

I don’t think I’ve heard “chinaman” since watching shanghai knights. A 20 year old movie taking place in the 19th century.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
On one hand, I totally get resting Fields, but on the other, it kind of sucks that the last game he played this season is going to be his worst. You'd like to end the season off on a little better note than 75 yards passing (or whatever it was) against DET.
Agreed. But the tank is more important now.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad they're resting him. He's shown enough, done enough. Now we need to crush FA with OL, DT, and WR and/or address those in the draft. Should be an exciting off-season. I'm okay with taking Anderson or Carter with our pick, or (more likely) trading down once or twice. I don't want to miss out on elite, blue chip, generational talent, but then again we have a LOT of spots to improve—at least one T, C, maybe a G, WR, and most of the DL. Looking forward to FA/draft.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
My issue with this is we can get a 3T in FA without having to give up picks. Not a fan of trading down and not getting an extra 1st or two out of it. Would rather just sign some combo of Payne, Jones, Hargrave, etc and still trade down for 2 or 3 firsts if you can.

Now if we somehow miss out on the DTs in FA then I would consider this trade bit would still want another first IMO.
Exactly. The Bears have a loaded FA class and potentially Jalen Carter in front of them if they want a big time 3T. The Colts will pick top 6, still a chance to get Carter even with a trade down. I'd take Carter and the multiple other picks over Buckner and probably 1 or 2 extra picks, which are probably not 1sts.

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
I just read his list of controversies. Called a Korean Cubs baseball player a “chinamen.” What a clown.
The horror. Gotta love captain hindsight judging something from the past with today's standards.

This was in 2006. First off, did he actually think he was Chinese? Did he forget he was Korean? Hawk Harrelson still calls eastern Asians "Orientals", lol. Hell, Shaq regularly calls Jokic Russian or Lithuanian when he is Serbian, and Shaq knows that.

In 2010 The Hangover came out. One of the more popular jokes was "Paging Dr. f**got". Terrible by today's standards, but things were different then. North's comment wasn't that bad by 2006 standards. Let's not act like it is that appalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.