**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the idea would be to extend Buckner. He'd be 32 at the end of a four year deal, which essentially coincides with Fields rookie deal plus one cheap year on his next deal. To me, Buckner's game is built to be strong into his 30s.

Yeah I hear you on the extension but would still prefer to just sign some combo of the guys I mentioned. Wouldnt hate it if we got Buckner but not the route I would take initially.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My issue with this is we can get a 3T in FA without having to give up picks. Not a fan of trading down and not getting an extra 1st or two out of it. Would rather just sign some combo of Payne, Jones, Hargrave, etc and still trade down for 2 or 3 firsts if you can.

Now if we somehow miss out on the DTs in FA then I would consider this trade bit would still want another first IMO.

I'm hopeful, but also very skeptical the bears will get a 3tech that can anchor the D in FA.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Hargrave is a year older than Buckner, and I think he's good but not close to Buckner. His game is also based more on quickness, which gnerally fades faster, where Buckner's more power, length, and leverage. I expect him to hold up better.
You're right, Buckner is better. But is he so much better that you forgo a draft pick, rather than just paying money for Hargrave? Plus, Hargrave should be cheaper, based on not being as good. I do think you mistake Hargrave's game as well. He started off as a 2-gapping NT for the Steelers. He has plenty of power. He has plenty of quickness too. The concern with Hargrave is based on if he is going to be as good without an elite DL of players around him. He had Cam Heyward and a healthy Stephon Tuitt in Pittsburgh. He has the best DL in the league in Philly. Lot more double teams when you're the main guy on the DL, of course, he has experience taking on double teams in Pittsburgh 3-4.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So we all gon be rooting for Lovie and the Texans, right?

If they win, Bears get #1 overall, do I have that right?

Will be fun to watch a game that matters. Too bad its just another shit team

Status
Not open for further replies.