Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
NFL has a vested interest in having its stars develop. Does them no good to throw QBs to the wolves and have them fail. The schedule of course just being a small part of it, but a part of it none the less. Same can be said for hard knocks and needless distractions.
That's because Poles and company don't have shit for brains that Pace and Nagy did. Nagy got Dalton to sit Fields for a year. Dalton then got hurt. instead going to Nick Foles to play against Cleveland, they put Fields in the that road game against a very stout defense and shitty Bears O-line. Plus Fields had no snaps with 1st team in training camp. This was a clusterfuck. Bears are going about this the right way with Williams, and NFL is lending a hand because the NFL is more popular with a good Bears team. If the Bears found their franchise QB? Oh shit, NFL will make lots of money, and all the owners rejoice.

DavidH

Liked Posts:
All the hype about Bears getting max primetime games (6) was bs. Got 4 by my count as London is not prime time. Hell, everyone gets one Thursday night game, so really 3.

With that and no hard knocks, this is actually pretty favorable to Caleb’s development.
Thursdays obviously are part of the allotment of primetime games and count toward the max of 6.

London game also appears to be one because it's an island/standalone broadcast. The only game on.

Is There a Limit on a Team’s Prime-Time Games?​

The maximum number of prime-time games an NFL team is allowed to play in a season is six. The NFL works to make the product a good one, and while doing so, they do not want to have a team or storyline run stale and have fans turned off by a situation. Hence, the reason for putting a maximum amount of times a team can play in prime-time slots.

MORE: Why Does the NFL Play in Germany?

Prime-time games are defined as stand-alone games such as Thursday Night Football, Sunday Night Football, and Monday Night Football. The team does not set a minimum, meaning that not every team gets the pleasure of playing in a prime-time game every season, and you oftentimes see several of the more popular teams in the league given the maximum amount of games each year.

I don't think this explanation is entirely accurate, though. I think, IIRC, the maximum they can be scheduled for ahead of the season is 6, but they can be flexed into more...I THINK.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, my bad. Giants are on Hard Knocks Offseason, so I take it there is still a chance for the Bears training camp hard knocks, or the in season hard knocks.

DavidH

Liked Posts:
Yep, my bad. Giants are on Hard Knocks Offseason, so I take it there is still a chance for the Bears training camp hard knocks, or the in season hard knocks.
I made the same mistake earlier today but I blame the Bears fans on twitter who were bitching about it lol

ColumbusRod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Detroit Tigers
  1. Dallas Mavericks
  1. Cleveland Browns
  1. Detroit Red Wings
  1. Ohio State Buckeyes
Who do we think the Bears week 1 opponent will be? My top 3 guesses:

1- CHI @ HOU, SNF or MNF
2- CHI @ DET, SNF or MNF
3- CHI @ WAS, 3:30 FOX

To me, Houston would make a lot of sense for a week 1 matchup. The Texans success with a rookie QB last year is the blueprint for what the Bears are trying to achieve this year with Caleb. Two up and coming teams; two teams built similarly with defensive head coaches, young quarterbacks, and a talented trio of receivers.

Detroit would be my 2nd choice. They earned their stripes last year by making it to the Conference Championship game. There's going to be a lot of buzz with them again. The Bears gave them trouble last year. The divisional rivalry speaks for itself with this matchup. Again, you could frame it as the up-and-coming team vs the team who was the up-and-coming team last season trying to maintain their top tier status within the division and conference.

Lastly, I went with WAS as my sneaky 3rd choice for pretty straightforward reasons: You've got the #1 and #2 QB's going against each other. It's also Caleb's hometown in D.C. Makes for a good storyline to open up the season.
It won't be the Lions. Their schedule was just leaked. We play them away, like week 13, and have them here like week 17.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thursdays obviously are part of the allotment of primetime games and count toward the max of 6.

London game also appears to be one because it's an island/standalone broadcast. The only game on.

I don't think this explanation is entirely accurate, though. I think, IIRC, the maximum they can be scheduled for ahead of the season is 6, but they can be flexed into more...I THINK.
Thx for that. While everyone laughs about the script, it certainly exists in these narratives..and you would think that a “perfect” season runs a certain narrative. Still, not a fix, just a nudge. Lmao.