***OFFICAILE*** Schedule Release Thread

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was thinking the same. #1 vs #2 pick.
They did this with Mariota & Winston in 2016 if I remember correctly.

Reactions: BNB

baredown

Liked Posts:
Bears have opened at home for the last two seasons. Unlikely that they'll get to open at home for a third consecutive year. The NFL likes to spread season openers at home around as best they can. So, a road opener seems significantly more likely. Road opponents to rule out quickly: GB (down in Brazil); SF (at home against the Jets); Houston (too close to the HoF game); Minn. (had home openers in 2022 & 2023, too); Wash (also had home openers in 2022 & 2023). That leaves Arizona, Indy, and Detroit, probably in reverse order of likelihood. So, I'll guess the Bears open up at Detroit. Make it a 12:00 noon game to avoid the 3:00pm Dallas/Cleveland Tom Brady debut game.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears have opened at home for the last two seasons. Unlikely that they'll get to open at home for a third consecutive year. The NFL likes to spread season openers at home around as best they can. So, a road opener seems significantly more likely. Road opponents to rule out quickly: GB (down in Brazil); SF (at home against the Jets); Houston (too close to the HoF game); Minn. (had home openers in 2022 & 2023, too); Wash (also had home openers in 2022 & 2023). That leaves Arizona, Indy, and Detroit, probably in reverse order of likelihood. So, I'll guess the Bears open up at Detroit. Make it a 12:00 noon game to avoid the 3:00pm Dallas/Cleveland Tom Brady debut game.
Good reasoning here. My guess is they want the Lions in a big game though

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like the networks are trying to get as many star QBs in primetime matchups week 1 as possible, so they at least can count on them being healthy and playing.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I’ll never understand why the have to designate prime time games before the season. I’ll say past week 6, it should be a “TBD” time slot for all the games.

This is how we got stuck with so many shitty prime time games last season.

Reactions: BNB

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Now do the number of years in a row the Bears played the Packers at Lambeau in prime time.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Looks like the networks are trying to get as many star QBs in primetime matchups week 1 as possible, so they at least can count on them being healthy and playing.
That's one way to look at it.

You'd also think they'd want those star QBs highlighted in late season games that have playoff implications.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good reasoning here. My guess is they want the Lions in a big game though

Bears at Lions. Division rivals, 1st round QB with revamped offense vs a legit SB contender at home. Maybe prime time, too.