***OFFICAILE*** Schedule Release Thread

DavidH

Liked Posts:
I’ll never understand why the have to designate prime time games before the season. I’ll say past week 6, it should be a “TBD” time slot for all the games.

This is how we got stuck with so many shitty prime time games last season.
Because people plan ahead for these games for months and even travel (and spend lots of money to do so).

Even still, they can start flexing SNF in week 5 and MNF in week 12, which makes sense given it's an entirely different day.

Thursday night football (other than week 1 and Thanksgiving) started out almost intentionally being shitty matchups. The NFL was taking games away from the big networks and putting them on their own network. Those networks (NBC, CBS, Fox, ESPN) were going to have first dibs and weren't going to be happy if they took away the bigger matchups to put them on NFLN.

In the end, as it turned out, people are going to watch an island NFL game regardless of who is playing because the NFL is just that big, so why not get people watching some of these less desirable matchups on a Thursday when there's no alternative instead of always having them buried only on their local markets on a Sunday at noon? It also gives some of the star players on the lesser teams exposure on national TV when they might not otherwise.

Last edited:

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
It’s a home game for sure. The Bears really don’t want to be on Hard Knocks.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Bears on the Thursday Night after Christmas hosting the Seahawks according to Seattle Sports Radio Host:

I just don't like Thursday football, but for Week 1 and the traditional Thanksgiving games. These guys need to have more rest for their health between games.

If the league stacked Thursday games to line up with the week after the team is on a bye, it would be one thing.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Based off the Leaks Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, Washington, Carolina, Rams, Seattle, Jaguars & 49ers are all out as Week 1 Opponents. That leaves these as options:

Tennessee
New England
@Arizona
@ Houston
@Indy

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Based off the Leaks Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, Washington, Carolina, Rams, Seattle, Jaguars & 49ers are all out as Week 1 Opponents. That leaves these as options:

Tennessee
New England
@Arizona
@ Houston
@Indy
Houston the best matchup. Make it happen.

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Tennessee
New England
@Arizona
@ Houston
@Indy
HOU would be fun