***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I see your point. *BUT* Bulls just finished getting a draft pick taken from them for tampering with Billy. All those college football coaching changes just happened without a single interview. Cubs hired Maddon and got investigated without a single interview.

Why? Because they knew exactly what they wanted, put out feelers and hired their Plan A. But all that happens when you have people running things that know what they're doing. Cubs with Theo and Bulls now with Art.

Bears brass has ZERO clue what they're doing and that isn't even up for debate. So my apologies if I see things differently than believing they're going to get blown away from an interview like if this is a manager for a Walmart.
Ownership has ZERO clue.

Polian actually has a really good track record hiring coaches. You really think George is coming up with these names? It’s all Polian and George is just nodding his head with his thumb up his ass.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
So O'Shea was fired
Gailey was told to either resign or get fired

So two OCs and two DCs in three years......still not good.
From what I've read your take on Gailey is simply not correct. Gailey reportedly resigned due to NFL covid protocols AND his boy Fitzpatrick, who was the reason he joined the Dolphins btw, wasn't being retained.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see your point. *BUT* Bulls just finished getting a draft pick taken from them for tampering with Billy. All those college football coaching changes just happened without a single interview. Cubs hired Maddon and got investigated without a single interview.

Why? Because they knew exactly what they wanted, put out feelers and hired their Plan A. But all that happens when you have people running things that know what they're doing. Cubs with Theo and Bulls now with Art.

Bears brass has ZERO clue what they're doing and that isn't even up for debate. So my apologies if I see things differently than believing they're going to get blown away from an interview like if this is a manager for a Walmart.
I was never a fan of Ernie Acorsi, I am a fan of Bill Polian and Tony Dungy.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Saban wouldn’t last two years in this city before he would run back to a cozy job in the slow moving south.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Don't shoot the messenger.

And that person who said it is Michael Lombardi.
Now it makes sense. Lombardi is like a cross between LaConfora and Hub. He gets attention because he actually worked in an NFL font office, and says a lot of really dumb things that are just opinion based. He's the type when you listen to him that you realize sometimes NFL teams hire some really stupid people.

Saban to Bears is the type of rumor that gets your name in he news. I read on twitter yesterday some blogger claiming Lane Kiffin is the favorite to the Vikings. College coaches leaking info to get raises and/or personalities putting out garbage to make it about them. Still entertaining this time of year.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Plus Saban has great connections for coordinators but he just simply isn't going to leave Bama at the end of his career
Saban could walk into Halas Hall and instantly be the smartest football mind ever to be associated with this dumpster juice franchise. He would go to any other NFL team if he did, which he would never do.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What? Saban could definitely have this team contending.

Bama has the No 1 recruiting class just about every year. Saban has struggled in the NFL because the draft and cap limit how many top players he can sign.

If college had a draft, it would be like Bama having say 20 of the first 30 picks in the draft. That is a far cry from building an NFL team.