Official 2023 Training Camp thread

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
No starting Gs on the field.
Do you forget what happened last year?

Teven is going to spend some portion of the year hurt. It’s just inevitable.

Patrick was consistently hurt and couldn’t play guard worth a damn.

Whitehair is old and coming off an injury. He also can’t snap.

I’ll give Davis the benefit of the doubt though it does seem poles signed an injured player.

Consistency is very important for the OL, or so they save. It’s pretty terrible if there are no capable back up guards and they need to move whitehair to guard.

Gotta hope Carter or someone can step in in a pinch and play guard well.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Do you forget what happened last year?

Teven is going to spend some portion of the year hurt. It’s just inevitable.

Patrick was consistently hurt and couldn’t play guard worth a damn.

Whitehair is old and coming off an injury. He also can’t snap.

I’ll give Davis the benefit of the doubt though it does seem poles signed an injured player.

Consistency is very important for the OL, or so they save. It’s pretty terrible if there are no capable back up guards and they need to move whitehair to guard.

Gotta hope Carter or someone can step in in a pinch and play guard well.
Dalton Risner seems like he'd be a prudent pick up.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
There's no chance the packers are a top 2 pick next year. They might be bad, but probably top 10 bad.
Next year, each top-5 pick could be owned by an NFC team: People are going to laugh and cry simultaneously should Arizona have two top-5 picks; the Panthers could easily experience normal, routine struggles from rookie QBs, and Chicago would get a top-5 pick without failing in their own right; We could be in for a shit year if Fields struggles to make important improvements as a passer or gets hurt, and Chicago would have a top-5 pick in their own right; TB, Washington and Atlanta each could be god-awful and nobody would bat an eye; I am confident that the Giants success last year was a flash in the pan, that I am tempted to gamble.

Now look at the Packers schedule! GB plays most of the teams I listed above and could come away with 4 wins while still being terrible, ruining their own shot at getting a top QB prospect to replace Love.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Next year, each top-5 pick could be owned by an NFC team: People are going to laugh and cry simultaneously should Arizona have two top-5 picks; the Panthers could easily experience normal, routine struggles from rookie QBs, and Chicago would get a top-5 pick without failing in their own right; We could be in for a shit year if Fields struggles to make important improvements as a passer or gets hurt, and Chicago would have a top-5 pick in their own right; TB, Washington and Atlanta each could be god-awful and nobody would bat an eye; I am confident that the Giants success last year was a flash in the pan, that I am tempted to gamble.

Now look at the Packers schedule! GB plays most of the teams I listed above and could come away with 4 wins while still being terrible, ruining their own shot at getting a top QB prospect to replace Love.
Don't forget the rams. That team is tanking hard.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
For those of you who subscribe to The Athletic, worth it? I realize it's only a couple bucks, but I don't really feel like adding another subscription for something I may only read an article from once a month (or whatever).
Yeah, it think it's worth it. If you follow more than NFL, then it's definitely worth it. They have good podcasts included and do a lot of long form and statistical analysis, as well as x's and O's type stuff. They cover boxing, and some smaller sports too. It's the only sports app I pay for and it's enough. They have real writers, not Twitter or blogging crap that are fake experts talking out of their ass. They did just purge a bunch of writers, but I haven't noticed a big drop off