Official 2023 Training Camp thread

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Eh, while I don't see them anywhere near the #1 pick. Defenses tend to hit the struggle bus when an offense can't maintain drives due to being inept. If Love is infact, a giant dud the D will be gassed on a weekly basis.
Didn't they also lose 5 or so starters on D? Will take a while to get it together with what little they have left.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
You would think these beat writers and reporters have never seen or played football before. Like newborn babes. A little lesson: defense is almost all about energy, barking and assignment based reckless abandon. Offense is more precision and more assignment orientated, with Olinemen showing “juice” and occasional barking and with some “juice” and occasional barking out of the skill positions. But let’s disabuse these guys of the stupid notion that our QB should be out there barking, talking ish and yelling and screaming at the defense.

There are 2 QB’s that I can recall who are/were known sh*t talkers - Philip Rivers and Jameis Winston. How many Super Bowls have they won? Case closed.
Peyton Manning was a legendary shit talker. Just not an in your face guy. Not arguing your point though, o-line and QB need to keep their cool

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For those of you who subscribe to The Athletic, worth it? I realize it's only a couple bucks, but I don't really feel like adding another subscription for something I may only read an article from once a month (or whatever).

It is during draft season. The rest of the year I don’t need it. But Brugler’s draft coverage is second to none.

I do enjoy the insight about other teams too.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I get the feeling Poles likes players that are a bit of an asshole. Guys like Kelce in KC are right on that line. Hopefully he helps Claypool know where that line is. He’s the type of guy that can really piss off another team and get in their heads…. So long as he doesn’t go full stupid and hurt the Bears with penalties.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I get the feeling Poles likes players that are a bit of an asshole. Guys like Kelce in KC are right on that line. Hopefully he helps Claypool know where that line is. He’s the type of guy that can really piss off another team and get in their heads…. So long as he doesn’t go full stupid and hurt the Bears with penalties.
Tbf, according to the tweet, EJ hit him going out of bounds. I like the HITS principle from EJ but also like Claypool standing up for himself. Obviously hard to speak fully on it without seeing the play.

None the less, it sounds like Claypool and EJ are having good camps

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As long as claypool doesn’t stare at the opponents sideline after a judo kick we should be fine