Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Who was the whiny poster that was asking if other starting QBs were throwing ints in TC?
Man, you guys are really triggered over this shit, aren't you?

First of all, what you are mocking is a strawman. I never asked whether quarterbacks were throwing INT's. It would be absurd to think every quarterback goes an entire training camp without throwing interceptions. I specifically asked about how often some of the better QB's were throwing interceptions—on average—across the league, so that I'd have a better gauge of whether Fields was throwing a lot, not many, or about the same as everyone else.

The question is certainly warranted given he was among the top of the league in INT% each of the last two years. Ball security has been an issue for Fields. Thought maybe there might be some correlation taking place, but I guess I'm not allowed to ask that without somebody getting on my ass. Lighten up.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

First of all, what you are mocking is a strawman. I never asked whether quarterbacks were throwing INT's. It would be absurd to think every quarterback goes an entire training camp without throwing interceptions. I specifically asked about how often some of the better QB's were throwing interceptions—on average—across the league, so that I'd have a better gauge of whether Fields was throwing a lot, not many, or about the same as everyone else.

The question is certainly warranted given he was among the top of the league in INT% each of the last two years. Ball security has been an issue for Fields. Thought maybe there might be some correlation taking place, but I guess I'm not allowed to ask that without somebody getting on my ass. Lighten up.
So it was you. Did you heed my advice and go and see if other QBs are throwing ints? I would consider Lamar a better QB

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
So it was you. Did you heed my advice and go and see if other QBs are throwing ints? I would consider Lamar a better QB
Teams don't normally have that kind of data readily available, but I did come across a tweet from Eagles camp yesterday. Hurts threw his first INT just yesterday.

By my count, Fields has thrown 6 or 7 INT's, thus far. I saw Baker has thrown 7, but he sucks. I've seen clips of Dak throwing picks, but he lead the league last year, so that isn't exactly comforting.

Maybe there's nothing to any of it and he'll be totally fine come the regular season. I just kept seeing tweets popping up every day talking about an INT or two he threw every day for about 5 straight days and thought the numbers were getting a little high. But whatever, I'm done talking about it. Let's move on.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Teams don't normally have that kind of data readily available, but I did come across a tweet from Eagles camp yesterday. Hurts threw his first INT just yesterday.

By my count, Fields has thrown 6 or 7 INT's, thus far. I saw Baker has thrown 7, but he sucks. I've seen clips of Dak throwing picks, but he lead the league last year, so that isn't exactly comforting.

Maybe there's nothing to any of it and he'll be totally fine come the regular season. I just kept seeing tweets popping up every day talking about an INT or two he threw about every day for about 5 straight days and thought the numbers were getting a little high. But whatever, I'm done talking about it. Let's move on.
So I’ll help with some context.

Mahomes has thrown 8 from what I’ve read

Rodgers a few

Lamar you just saw

Burrow got hurt but he threw 1

That’s all I got. My point being is this is the best time to be throwing ints especially if you’re getting out n page with everyone and especially if the defense knows the plays. If anything Fields needs to work on fumbles

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Got your answer @PrideisBears lmaoo

Update: You already know.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Got your answer @PrideisBears lmaoo

Update: You already know.
I’m not mad at dude, he’s concerned about turnovers. I personally don’t get riled up by them if there is more progress than hinderance

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m not mad at dude, he’s concerned about turnovers. I personally don’t get riled up by them if there is more progress than hinderance
There's going to be INTs. The important thing is if he's doing enough to offset them. There was a graphic that said he led the NFL in TD-TO ratio vs playoff teams. Encouraging! Just take another step forward.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Of all the things to be concerned about Fields - Ints are such a weird one to be stuck on considering what he’s already done. Fumbles? Makes sense. Speed and quality of reads? Sure. Ability to stay Healthy with his style of play? Definitely. But I’m much more worried about him tucking and running when he should be getting the ball out than I’m worried about him forcing throws and causing too many ints.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There's going to be INTs. The important thing is if he's doing enough to offset them. There was a graphic that said he led the NFL in TD-TO ratio vs playoff teams. Encouraging! Just take another step forward.
Some of the INT’s have been ricochets off of the receivers hands and I believe there was a tipped ball at the LOS too. Those are the plays not to be concerned about.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nah. I think they'll be bad, but not that bad.
There’s just too much talent on the roster to be that bad. They might be Cutler’ing themselves now—good enough to win some games but bad enough to not be a contender. Sports purgatory. It’s going to be interesting to see how hot LeFraud’s seat gets as head coach if he turns in another 8-9 season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I’ll help with some context.

Mahomes has thrown 8 from what I’ve read

Rodgers a few

Lamar you just saw

Burrow got hurt but he threw 1

That’s all I got. My point being is this is the best time to be throwing ints especially if you’re getting out n page with everyone and especially if the defense knows the plays. If anything Fields needs to work on fumbles
I'll take it a step further and say that if they're not throwing picks they are either elite in a familiar system, lucky, or not testing themselves enough. Camp is about stretching the envelope and seeing what you can get away with or learn what your mates are doing under adversity. You learn best by trial and error. Mahomes is as good as they get and he still pushes the boundaries in camp. It's how you find your potential.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some of the INT’s have been ricochets off of the receivers hands and I believe there was a tipped ball at the LOS too. Those are the plays not to be concerned about.
I mostly agree but placement and recognizing throwing lanes if part of the gig. That said, he had crazy pressure so those were difficult to fully evaluate.

I'm a believer but though he could have done better on both, even with the pressure. I'm thrilled to see his improved motion this offseason and what seems to be much better consistency of placement this camp.

Last edited:

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t think the Packers are going to be the worst team in the league.
We didn’t think that about the Bears at this time either but then they started selling. If love continues to be terrible imo it would only take a couple of trades to get them there.

Bakhtiari seems obvious as an old expensive vet.
Alexander would get them the best haul.
Clark could fetch a 3rd or so.
Gary had 6 sacks in 9 games last year if he comes back healthy and shows it on the field he would be worth a decent pick.

Trade two or three of the above and not only will team stink but GB will have plenty of draft capital (especially considering what they got from the Jets) to move around and replace the players they traded while having a legit shot of tanking hard enough for Williams or Maye.

Let’s hope they are all in on Love and he carry’s them to mediocrity.