Official 2023 Training Camp thread

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Love throws INTs in camp - "he sucks."

Fields throws INTs in camp - "It's about stretching the boundaries and finding potential."

?
No one said that. Love had other massive issues on why he sucks in camp. Do you just make this stuff up?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There’s just too much talent on the roster to be that bad. They might be Cutler’ing themselves now—good enough to win some games but bad enough to not be a contender. Sports purgatory. It’s going to be interesting to see how hot LeFraud’s seat gets as head coach if he turns in another 8-9 season.
So what if JF1 goes off this year and the Bears offense explodes and Getsy gets a HC job. At the same time the Pack suck and LaFleur is fired.

Do the Bears go after LaFleur as OC to maintain continuity in the system? Or do they promote Janocko or someone else from within?

Personally, I’d lean towards LaFleur as he is the experienced play caller.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If the Packers were smart, they would have a 60 - 40 ratio of run to pass this year. Jones and Dillon are good backs and a change of pace. And they would rely heavily on play action and quick screens to Watson and Doubs. They are going to be a team that won't be able to play well from behind. But if they can get leads, they can rely on their pass rush and sort of hide Love out there. I could see them being a 8-9 or even 9-8 type team if all goes well.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what if JF1 goes off this year and the Bears offense explodes and Getsy gets a HC job. At the same time the Pack suck and LaFleur is fired.

Do the Bears go after LaFleur as OC to maintain continuity in the system? Or do they promote Janocko or someone else from within?

I don't think anyone needs to worry about this.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one said that. Love had other massive issues on why he sucks in camp. Do you just make this stuff up?
Yes.
Love has been late, missing by miles and not reading well. Could he improve? Sure, there's been a lack of reps but it's year 4 and he's played in season and ran the entire camp last year when Rodgers played hooky.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I'll take it a step further and say that if they're not throwing picks they are either elite in a familiar system, lucky, or not testing themselves enough. Camp is about stretching the envelope and seeing what you can get away with or learn what your mates are doing under aversity. You learn best by trial and error. Mahomes is as good as they get and he still pushes the boundaries in camp. It's how you find your potential.
This one one of the things that Bill Belichick does that separates him from most coaches. He puts his players in adverse conditions during practice to see how they handle it and how they learn from it. When they had to play Peyton in the dome in Indy, he would blast the speakers so loud, no one could hear the plays. When they had to play at Pittsburgh in the cold, he would freeze the balls so Brady could not get a grip. And they would run plays that put players on an island so they could learn from it. That's not to say they didn't do fundamentals because they did that too. But it just goes to show you that if you stay in your comfort zone, you don't improve as well as you could.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes.
Love has been late, missing by miles and not reading well. Could he improve? Sure, there's been a lack of reps but it's year 4 and he's played in season and ran the entire camp last year when Rodgers played hooky.

One. Career. Start.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes he does. Love has had accuracy issues since college. He still has accuracy issues now. He will more than likely always have accuracy issues. Couple that with Love’s inexperience and inability to make full field reads and you have Trubisky. So it makes sense why @shitstainedrainblow would subtly cape for Love.

Fields has consistency issues but his accuracy is much better and his deep ball is amongst the best in the league. If Fields develops his short game he will be so damn hard to defend. Sounds like they have been focusing on that quite a bit during 7 on 7’s and 11 on 11’s.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One. Career. Start.
In his 3rd year and so far he's sucked in everything he's done. You would think it would be looking up or at least more up and down. I haven't written him completely off due your observation but it really doesn't look good. Guys like Mitch would at least give glimpses but Love is showing Mitch's inability to process with less arm and leg talent. Mitch was better at schoolyard ball and got worse with coaching him to stay in system and mechanical changes. Love never looked to have much.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Kind of, just without a single Fields run. Not one. I want our two big backs, Forman and RoJo, bashing the GB defense like Hammers and GB’s D putting up a valiant fight for about two quarters. Love, looking like shades of 2018 Biscuit, will throw a pick 6, fumble, make shit passes, and Venom (Brisker) will take it the house at least once. We get 3 sacks. It’s Carnage!(see what I did there?) We straight break that D. They get exhausted, and Herbert gashes them for over 60 yards with long runs in the second half, as we, and the nation, watch the light go out of their eyes.

Yup. Fields doesn’t take off running once. Nope, instead, he plays the Getsy GB offense as if he were Rogers, while Love looks like trash and LafLeur looks like the trash he is. Neither works any magic. Instead, it is Fields who scores over 30 points with workmanlike efficiency with PA and short perfect passing, along with some deep bombs to Claypool and Money. DJ Moore moves the chains. All 3 walk out with a td.

The national narrative of Fields as a rb is over. It is the most effective and brutal beatdown of GB. It exposes their doom. We eat their D’s hearts and suck their hope out of their marrow like child who just finished their ice cream cone. So sweet.

Love won’t get past the 50 but once and only scores on a long field goal. He barely tops a 100 yards looking like Trubisky did when the world believed for a second. Fields walks off the field and lets the world know that the Bears are ready to play. GB knows their doom has come.

Fuck Green Bay. This is how I want the game to play out.
Kind of, just without a single Fields run. Not one. I want our two big backs, Forman and RoJo, bashing the GB defense like Hammers and GB’s D putting up a valiant fight for about two quarters. Love, looking like shades of 2018 Biscuit, will throw a pick 6, fumble, make shit passes, and Venom (Brisker) will take it the house at least once. We get 3 sacks. It’s Carnage!(see what I did there?) We straight break that D. They get exhausted, and Herbert gashes them for over 60 yards with long runs in the second half, as we, and the nation, watch the light go out of their eyes.

Yup. Fields doesn’t take off running once. Nope, instead, he plays the Getsy GB offense as if he were Rogers, while Love looks like trash and LafLeur looks like the trash he is. Neither works any magic. Instead, it is Fields who scores over 30 points with workmanlike efficiency with PA and short perfect passing, along with some deep bombs to Claypool and Money. DJ Moore moves the chains. All 3 walk out with a td.

The national narrative of Fields as a rb is over. It is the most effective and brutal beatdown of GB. It exposes their doom. We eat their D’s hearts and suck their hope out of their marrow like child who just finished their ice cream cone. So sweet.

Love won’t get past the 50 but once and only scores on a long field goal. He barely tops a 100 yards looking like Trubisky did when the world believed for a second. Fields walks off the field and lets the world know that the Bears are ready to play. GB knows their doom has come.

Fuck Green Bay. This is how I want the game to play out.

Honestly, I'd prefer to see Justin develop a bit more in the off script stuff. Of course we all want to see him be black Tom Brady dicing people up but if he can find a way to get more of those back breaking, broken play bombs that Rodgers always killed us with it would really excite me for his potential because that Brady like refinement only comes over time whereas he's pretty much 1/1 with his physical gifts at the position and if he can mesh those gifts with confidence and creativity - it's going to be beautiful.

I think there's an absurd amount of pass catching talent now on this roster that there's going to be way more scramble drill magic this season.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guys like Mitch would at least give glimpses but Love is showing Mitch's inability to process with less arm and leg talent.
Glimpses?

How are you going to show glimpses with one start?

"Needs more reps." - Bearly with every Chicago player that's in bust territory.

* if anyone tries to necro this...all I'm saying is no one knows if Jordan Love "sucks" after one start. I'm not saying he's going to be better than Fields which is where some will try to take this months from now.

Rise

Liked Posts:

He won’t get fired unless it turns into a Trestman type situation. Either way yes I’d take LaFleur easily over an inexperienced playcaller.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Glimpses?

How are you going to show glimpses with one start?

"Needs more reps." - Bearly with every Chicago player that's in bust territory.

* if anyone tries to necro this...all I'm saying is no one knows if Jordan Loves sucks after one start. I'm not saying he's going to be better than Fields which is where some will try to take this months from now.
Fine. If you want to be back on my fuck off list, you got it, dipshit. I've laid off and gave you a shot to come back to the board as more than just a joke. You're just broken and apparently beyond the help you so desperately need. Just taking advantage of the tolerant moderation this platform provides and constantly giving the finger to the mods and this board.