Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Peyton Manning was a legendary shit talker. Just not an in your face guy. Not arguing your point though, o-line and QB need to keep their cool
I don’t mind some of that at all actually — and JF1 does that. What these reporters seem to be asking for is something on the level of what the defense does. Very few QB’s in history have been sh*t talkers to that level and the hand full that have typically don’t wear rings.

If an O starts jawing toe to toe with the D, going tit for tat on every play, the D is taking them out of their game.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see the same game plan that had Fields hang a win in Foxboro last year.
Kind of, just without a single Fields run. Not one. I want our two big backs, Forman and RoJo, bashing the GB defense like Hammers and GB’s D putting up a valiant fight for about two quarters. Love, looking like shades of 2018 Biscuit, will throw a pick 6, fumble, make shit passes, and Venom (Brisker) will take it the house at least once. We get 3 sacks. It’s Carnage!(see what I did there?) We straight break that D. They get exhausted, and Herbert gashes them for over 60 yards with long runs in the second half, as we, and the nation, watch the light go out of their eyes.

Yup. Fields doesn’t take off running once. Nope, instead, he plays the Getsy GB offense as if he were Rogers, while Love looks like trash and LafLeur looks like the trash he is. Neither works any magic. Instead, it is Fields who scores over 30 points with workmanlike efficiency with PA and short perfect passing, along with some deep bombs to Claypool and Money. DJ Moore moves the chains. All 3 walk out with a td.

The national narrative of Fields as a rb is over. It is the most effective and brutal beatdown of GB. It exposes their doom. We eat their D’s hearts and suck their hope out of their marrow like child who just finished their ice cream cone. So sweet.

Love won’t get past the 50 but once and only scores on a long field goal. He barely tops a 100 yards looking like Trubisky did when the world believed for a second. Fields walks off the field and lets the world know that the Bears are ready to play. GB knows their doom has come.

Fuck Green Bay. This is how I want the game to play out.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Kind of, just without a single Fields run. Not one. I want our two big backs, Forman and RoJo, bashing the GB defense like Hammers and GB’s D putting up a valiant fight for about two quarters. Love, looking like shades of 2018 Biscuit, will throw a pick 6, fumble, make shit passes, and Venom (Brisker) will take it the house at least once. We get 3 sacks. It’s Carnage!(see what I did there?) We straight break that D. They get exhausted, and Herbert gashes them for over 60 yards with long runs in the second half, as we, and the nation, watch the light go out of their eyes.

Yup. Fields doesn’t take off running once. Nope, instead, he plays the Getsy GB offense as if he were Rogers, while Love looks like trash and LafLeur looks like the trash he is. Neither works any magic. Instead, it is Fields who scores over 30 points with workmanlike efficiency with PA and short perfect passing, along with some deep bombs to Claypool and Money. DJ Moore moves the chains. All 3 walk out with a td.

The national narrative of Fields as a rb is over. It is the most effective and brutal beatdown of GB. It exposes their doom. We eat their D’s hearts and suck their hope out of their marrow like child who just finished their ice cream cone. So sweet.

Love won’t get past the 50 but once and only scores on a long field goal. He barely tops a 100 yards looking like Trubisky did when the world believed for a second. Fields walks off the field and lets the world know that the Bears are ready to play. GB knows their doom has come.

I actually DO want some running from Fields, but, here me out, I want Fields to have 2 easy 15 yard jogs for first downs that break the Packers' spirit and have every single defender staring directly at Love as Fields easily gets two more drive continuing runs for first downs, which add to a cornucopia of first downs, all of them in different fashion and with different Bears.

But that's just me.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

2019 biscuit.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
When your whole life has been filled with one or another HOF QB as your starter, you might just have the false belief that this is a normal thing.

For the Packers, any fan who is 30 years old or younger is living under the same crazy belief.
Not to be argumentative..............I would say 40 instead of 30.....

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Could be but could also be making them do something until they get it right.
Exactly that....repetition to get it right, muscle memory building, becoming second nature so there's NO ' thinking' about it during real game time. Just execution! Glad someone noticed this......I mean...other than myself........lol.....

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
As far as dinged up players sitting out, it takes me back to freshman football. I was given a work out program to follow all summer long to get ready for camp, which started two weeks before school. I did everything that was on the list and more. I lifted, ran, did calisthenics, etc...Yet, by t he third day of camp I couldn't move. So, you can prepare for camp but you can only do so much. Let's hope all heal by September...
Unsure about you, but the humidity just kills me. I work outside all week and I got home and couldn't even stay awake last night. I've already woke up and had to nap THREE times today.

And I'm way older and out of shape then these guys, but that humidity has always been the death of me.

Plus, having to play against the same guys over and over.

Add in the D constantly shit talking this whole camp, per reports.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I actually DO want some running from Fields, but, here me out, I want Fields to have 2 easy 15 yard jogs for first downs that break the Packers' spirit and have every single defender staring directly at Love as Fields easily gets two more drive continuing runs for first downs, which add to a cornucopia of first downs, all of them in different fashion and with different Bears.

But that's just me.
I fucking love this. The Bears spend two halves just on three or four inexorable, long drives that score. Every time they get to a defensible 3rd and short, Fields either hits Moore or gets it. The few times he doesn’t, Love throws a pick 6, shits the bed, or just goes three and out after handing off three consecutive times, because surrender, Roman Suicide at its best, is their only hope at scrounging some pride.

I’d like for us to use use Foreman and Rojo like Sonny Liston’s jab and Herbert to come in like the kid from Dallas, getting about 15 Carries a game, but for a high average, while the other two just destroy the D’s heart.

I want the game to never be in question, but the icing will be watching Love go 3 and out non-stop, even when left with good field position as their pretty good D is just flat out worn down and beaten up. I want their only score to come from a long field goal and for the rb’s to have more rushing yards than he is going to have passing yards.

Watching GB melt down, all their fans, is going to be akin to the fall of Rome as they realize it is all over. The Barbarians have flooded through the gates and have broken them. Broken. Them.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I fucking love this. The Bears spend two halves just on three or four inexorable, long drives that score. Every time they get to a defensible 3rd and short, Fields either hits Moore or gets it. The few times he doesn’t, Love throws a pick 6, shits the bed, or just goes three and out after handing off three consecutive times, because surrender, Roman Suicide at its best, is their only hope at scrounging some pride.

I’d like for us to use use Foreman and Rojo like Sonny Liston’s jab and Herbert to come in like the kid from Dallas, getting about 15 Carries a game, but for a high average, while the other two just destroy the D’s heart.

I want the game to never be in question, but the icing will be watching Love go 3 and out non-stop, even when left with good field position as their pretty good D is just flat out worn down and beaten up. I want their only score to come from a long field goal and for the rb’s to have more rushing yards than he is going to have passing yards.

Watching GB melt down, all their fans, is going to be akin to the fall of Rome as they realize it is all over. The Barbarians have flooded through the gates and have broken them. Broken. Them.
Welcome to my world.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
havent been reading the notes this offseason..... whos been getting most reps at center? whos rotating in as C#2? whats that illinois center been doing dis offseason?