Official 2023 Training Camp thread

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've had the same experience with every single packer fan I have encountered. Doesn't seem like strained copium, either.

Seems like they are genuine true believers.

Gon be a rough year for those cats
I wonder what percentage of them will be Jets fans by mid season.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I'd prefer to see Justin develop a bit more in the off script stuff. Of course we all want to see him be black Tom Brady dicing people up but if he can find a way to get more of those back breaking, broken play bombs that Rodgers always killed us with it would really excite me for his potential because that Brady like refinement only comes over time whereas he's pretty much 1/1 with his physical gifts at the position and if he can mesh those gifts with confidence and creativity - it's going to be beautiful.

I think there's an absurd amount of pass catching talent now on this roster that there's going to be way more scramble drill magic this season.
In the long run, I agree. When we play GB, nope. I want it to be a brutal exercise in fundamental football destroying them where they are never in the game and outclassed and it is unquestionable that Fields is QB1. He can use the heroics and off script plays later on in the season. I want us to steamroll GB with Fields looking like AR and Love looking like Trubisky.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When they played Seattle in the preseason many people had that as the battle of the two worst teams in the league. Bears fans cant objectively evaluate their team.

And the Packers wont be the worst. That's a guarantee.
But that right there is a shining example of what the media got wrong as far as Seattle goes.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But that right there is a shining example of what the media got wrong as far as Seattle goes.
True but they also got Chicago right. While Seattle was more than Geno Smith, i dont think anyone had any valid reason to believe he would play even close to as well as he did last season.

I just dont see that level of talent deficiency in GB that merits thinking they'll be dead last. We don't have any sort of steady regression as a team to go by. They've had one big drop off year and they still won 8 games with their QB having a broken thumb. Their defense isn't 2022 Bears deficient. Their OL and WR isn't as bad as the Bears was.

And as shit as the Cards are, never underestimate how bad a Josh McDaniels HCd team can be. I honestly wouldnt sweat GB being in position for either QB.