Official 2023 Training Camp thread

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rookie TC wall?
Just a guess but I'm thinking it's more the classic story of an undersized all-pro flag football player who becomes a journeyman when the pads go on.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
True but they also got Chicago right. While Seattle was more than Geno Smith, i dont think anyone had any valid reason to believe he would play even close to as well as he did last season.

I just dont see that level of talent deficiency in GB that merits thinking they'll be dead last. We don't have any sort of steady regression as a team to go by. They've had one big drop off year and they still won 8 games with their QB having a broken thumb. Their defense isn't 2022 Bears deficient. Their OL and WR isn't as bad as the Bears was.

And as shit as the Cards are, never underestimate how bad a Josh McDaniels HCd team can be. I honestly wouldnt sweat GB being in position for either QB.
I’m not really sweating it but like I said in my original post if Love blows and they decide to start selling off pieces they could regress fast and far. Of course I know they have cap issues so selling pieces off may not feasible for them at the moment.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m not really sweating it but like I said in my original post if Love blows and they decide to start selling off pieces they could regress fast and far. Of course I know they have cap issues so selling pieces off may not feasible for them at the moment.
Yeah i guess all bets are off once pieces start moving but thank you Aaron Rodgers for cap fucking them! You guys were too hard on my boy.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uses lack of reps as an excuse and then bitches about me ever using a need for reps for final determinations.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Am I doing the emojis right?
There's a difference for excusing someone like Mitch for years versus one career start like Love.

It is the hypocrisy that I'm getting at.

But you know this...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Packers also will likely have 2 1sts. If the jets are decent, those picks will probably fall in the 15th to 24th range. The Jets have a more talented roster than GB but they play in a much tougher division/conference.

Arizona, LVR, Washington, TB, in all likelihood, will be looking at drafting a franchise QB. Some franchise will give up a lot to get Murray prior to the draft

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Packers also will likely have 2 1sts. If the jets are decent, those picks will probably fall in the 15th to 24th range. The Jets have a more talented roster than GB but they play in a much tougher division/conference.

Arizona, LVR, Washington, TB, in all likelihood, will be looking at drafting a franchise QB. Some franchise will give up a lot to get Murray prior to the draft
People keep leaving the rams out of this discussion. But they are tanking and will be looking for Staffords replacement

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's a difference for excusing someone like Mitch for years versus one career start like Love.

It is the hypocrisy that I'm getting at.

But you know this...
Last I'll say on this but my position was we need to see what he does in the early part of year 3, year 2 in the system, to judge. The rest is you being you and ignoring the mods as usual. He needed to advance but actually regressed and it was obvious that it was time to move on early. I was all in for pulling him when they did.

My bro was a big fan and I constantly pointed out Mitch's flaws to him. They were not uncorrectable for some QBs. They were so for him. May be correctable for Love but it also doesn't appear so.

@nvanprooyen

Last edited: