Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I remember that. I even felt bad for the little guy when I realized it at the time. Bears fans wish you well, Tariq. You've had a rough few years.
Always unhappy when guys get dinged but I didn't feel too bad for him about the cut. The Bear had just signed him to $12m guaranteed. He can sell his house. That said, I don't want to see anyone go through the other personal stuff that he did.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always unhappy when guys get dinged but I didn't feel too bad for him about the cut. The Bear had just signed him to $12m guaranteed. He can sell his house. That said, I don't want to see anyone go through the other personal stuff that he did.
Yeah nothing you say is wrong, and I get the business aspect of it. I also get that he can sell the home (though honestly most professional athletes overpay and end up taking an "L" when they sell their homes). I am not even forgetting that his last full season on the field, he didn't play particularly well.

I just mean personally, losing a family member, being expected to be physically elite when you're broken on the inside, followed by the first injury and then getting cut, followed by the second injury. Life is tough sometimes (for everyone, I know).

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah nothing you say is wrong, and I get the business aspect of it. I also get that he can sell the home (though honestly most professional athletes overpay and end up taking an "L" when they sell their homes). I am not even forgetting that his last full season on the field, he didn't play particularly well.

I just mean personally, losing a family member, being expected to be physically elite when you're broken on the inside, followed by the first injury and then getting cut, followed by the second injury. Life is tough sometimes (for everyone, I know).
His personal life and nfl career are two separate things. I feel empathetic to his situation he seemed like a genuine person too, but it’s not like the bears cut him because his brother died. Ignorant statement from Cohen. $12m guaranteed is a pretty decent golden parachute.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
What in the world is going on with Brisker? This is the second year in a row he's missed almost all of training camp with an injury. He missed time in-season last year, too, with a concussion. I like his talent, but his availability is starting to become a concern, much the same as Jenkins.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wow Darnell Wright injured now. I give amateur hour Flus two more years and he will be fired. He needs to tone down this shit in practice, fire the training staff, something.
Can I interest you in a meatball hoagie for lunch today?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What in the world is going on with Brisker? This is the second year in a row he's missed almost all of training camp with an injury. He missed time in-season last year, too, with a concussion. I like his talent, but his availability is starting to become a concern, much the same as Jenkins.
My spider senses are telling me that this too is concussion related.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Ironically enough Tarik cohen is almost what they wish velus jones could be.

Edit: just cut VJJ and pick up Tarik. At least they would have a punt returner. Let him be the gadget guy.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Edit: just cut VJJ and pick up Tarik. At least they would have a punt returner. Let him be the gadget guy.
I would actually love to see the Bears bring him in for a workout. Show the dude some love.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Both Velus and Dazz Newsome were a focus to have that gadget/ST player. It's a strange thing to spend that kinda draft capital tho