Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Let's start a rumor that Davis is retiring because Rodgers is a pain in the ass. It doesnt have to make sense to catch on.

Bad luck for them, though. Rodgers + a full stable of WRs is to be a nightmare in the AFCE. Davis and Wilson were going to be an incredible duo. Now they have one stud receiver and a couple former Packers who will have to put together a lot of great play to replace Davis.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Both Velus and Dazz Newsome were a focus to have that gadget/ST player. It's a strange thing to spend that kinda draft capital tho

Newsome was a 6th rounder so not a lot of draft capital.

Hester was a 2nd rounder who most never considered would be anything other than a returner. Patterson was a 1st rounder. Sona 3rd rounder is a bit rich it not ridiculously so.
You mean the role that they already had Cordarelle Patterson for, but they let him go?
Issue was cost. Doesnt make sense for a bottom feeding team to spend like 5m a year on a KR and gadget player as CP didnt even return punts.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
To be fair, the coverage may determine what his 1st read is so simply throwing to your 1st open one is reading the field. It usually doesn't suddenly get easier when a different QB comes in.
True, true!!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah nothing you say is wrong, and I get the business aspect of it. I also get that he can sell the home (though honestly most professional athletes overpay and end up taking an "L" when they sell their homes). I am not even forgetting that his last full season on the field, he didn't play particularly well.

I just mean personally, losing a family member, being expected to be physically elite when you're broken on the inside, followed by the first injury and then getting cut, followed by the second injury. Life is tough sometimes (for everyone, I know).
The Bears would be smart to offer him a 1 year prove it deal. Imagine a healthy Tarik returning punts and flying in 4 WR sets!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Let's start a rumor that Davis is retiring because Rodgers is a pain in the ass. It doesnt have to make sense to catch on.

Bad luck for them, though. Rodgers + a full stable of WRs is to be a nightmare in the AFCE. Davis and Wilson were going to be an incredible duo. Now they have one stud receiver and a couple former Packers who will have to put together a lot of great play to replace Davis.
I love it! Aaron even looks like a prick in sweats on the sideline with his permanent smirk.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's really fucking hot and gross out. Like heat warning level. My windows were fogging up. I'd take the day off too. But I don't like the rash of injuries, for sure.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
20 players not practicing today ?. What is going on there?
I mean, having worked outside all day, that heat is no joke. Kind of hard to give it all you've got when people start dropping of heat stroke. And I'm just a delivery driver. I can't even imagine trying to run around for 2 hours.

Lots of my customers were shorthanded as people called off work in droves today.