Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I bet you call into AM radio while loud breathing.
That would be heavy breathng, so tell us your experience that would help us understand why you seem to be so sure the Bears coaches are inferior. We are all reading, impress us...

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow Darnell Wright injured now. I give amateur hour Flus two more years and he will be fired. He needs to tone down this shit in practice, fire the training staff, something.

I'm sure he's also responsible for Tevs back too

You have zero idea how Darnells injury even happened or if it was an intense practice that caused it

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm sure he's also responsible for Tevs back too

You have zero idea how Darnells injury even happened or if it was an intense practice that caused it
Or if it’s really that much an injury to begin with

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Its hard to tell because the video is so zoomed in but think the :22 second mark was a screen and he was just looking off it to help sell it, which is great to see either way
Exactly my thoughts and why I called it a first read. But yeah great sell either way.

I think doc is correct about 0:14 being a second read though . One thing is for sure he plays with a lot of poise and gets rid of the ball in a hurry.

Last edited:

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Thanks. This put put some things in perspective.

Not to take anything away, but looked like there were only 2 plays where he did not throw to his first read. The sack and TD run. Would be nice to see him go through one progression and throw to a secondary read before making him the #2 as a lot of the local media seems ready to do.
If I'm wrong let me know but this clip leaves me with big question marks on what he can handle. Hopefully he gets a chance to show it next week
Watched the video......yea...I see what you mean....nice observations......however, I still want him #2 and let Walker....well...walk.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OT: Colts joint practice vs Eagles ends in bench-clearing brawl

Colts LB Zaire Franklin had this to say after the brawl (is this a Bears burn?):
"Sometimes your speed ain't their speed, people get offended," Franklin said. "That's life. We'll be OK ... To be honest, I was looking forward to get some good work in against a good team. We got some good work in today, got some stuff to review.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Yeah I remember that. I even felt bad for the little guy when I realized it at the time. Bears fans wish you well, Tariq. You've had a rough few years.
Sucks what happened to him but it's business. If you got hired for a job cause you're really smart then proceeded to get a brain injury and can no longer function on the role you were hired for, what would happen?

Sorry to say but for Tarik, he doesn't figure to be anything more than a Travis Homer at this point, without the special teams prowess. Better than nothing though, and I could be wrong.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Sucks what happened to him but it's business. If you got hired for a job cause you're really smart then proceeded to get a brain injury and can no longer function on the role you were hired for, what would happen?

Sorry to say but for Tarik, he doesn't figure to be anything more than a Travis Homer at this point, without the special teams prowess. Better than nothing though, and I could be wrong.
Yeah, he got a sweetheart contract from Pace, even though he got cut he still got a $10+ m signing bonus+garaunteeds on top of rookie contract (over $3m total). For comparison, after playing 5 seasons for the Bears he made more money than Montgomery will have after 5 in his career.

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Maybe Bears should use Tarik as punt returner..