Official 2023 Training Camp thread

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Id just put PJ on the P squad. No one is claiming him with how he’s played this camp. And he’s there to go to the 53 if there is ever a Fields injury.
I think everyone is getting out over their skis a bit with the Bagent love. PJ Walker is going to be the back up to Fields. It's not that I don't like the kid, I do. It's just it would be unfair to lay the responsibilities of being the #2 guy on him. He looked good against 2nd stringers playing vanilla defensive sets, but if he were thrown into a real game at this stage of his development, Bagent would get eaten alive. His spot should be as the #3 emergency guy while he learns the league. He has skills that can be developed if he's handled correctly. Making him the #2 would, more than likely, break him.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I think everyone is getting out over their skis a bit with the Bagent love. PJ Walker is going to be the back up to Fields. It's not that I don't like the kid, I do. It's just it would be unfair to lay the responsibilities of being the #2 guy on him. He looked good against 2nd stringers playing vanilla defensive sets, but if he were thrown into a real game at this stage of his development, Bagent would get eaten alive. His spot should be as the #3 emergency guy while he learns the league. He has skills that can be developed if he's handled correctly. Making him the #2 would, more than likely, break him.
And the counter to that is PJ looked like crap against 2nd stringers playing vanilla defenses.. and why would being the number 2 break him? That makes no sense at all.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Troublesome how?
How? Well considering how vital the offensive line is to.. any kind of offensive success really, I would say if they go into the season with 4 out of 5 of them injured, it would put the offense at a disadvantage.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're talking like this team is knocking on the door of the SB. They're still rebuilding and it's doubtful Walker is in anyone's long range plans. Why not see what this kid can do? Let him get his feet wet practicing with the NFL Bears and not just a bunch of guys about to be launched when they have to get down to 53. There really isn't that much on the line at this point.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So concerned about a guy with an injury history but should have traded for a guy with a mental health and gambling history. Makes sense.
C.Claypool - pick #32

C.Ridley - 4th and 5th round pick.

We'll see who ends up the better trade. Remy's guy or DB70's.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just let the man play, have you no patience at all?
I do have patience and have continuously said i'll wait to see if he ends up worth the pick and you have to be patient with Claypool because he'll always be hurt so we have to wait until he's healthy enough to play.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
If the Bears cut Bagent and he gets claimed by someone else, I will forever be salty about it. He has a mountain of starting experience and his mechanics look butter smooth. I know the skill level he faced was lesser in college and preseason, but he passes the eye test.

We have GOT to keep Undrafted Free Bagent. It’s like finding a winning scratch off lotto ticket. It might not change your life but you don't throw it away.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
C.Claypool - pick #32

C.Ridley - 4th and 5th round pick.

We'll see who ends up the better trade. Remy's guy or DB70's.
This isn’t the trade.

On November 1, 2022, despite being suspended for at least the entire 2022 season, the Falcons traded Ridley to the Jacksonville Jaguars for conditional 2023sixth-round and 2024 fourth-round picks. The 2023 pick can become a fifth-rounder if Ridley is reinstated and the 2024 pick can either become a third-round pick based on playing time or a second-round pick if he signs a long-term extension.[62]

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He looks like that with all the Pitt WRs. Clearly Pickett makes Pickens and D Johnson
Black Men Upset GIF - Black Men Upset WTF - Discover & Share GIFs

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This isn’t the trade.

On November 1, 2022, despite being suspended for at least the entire 2022 season, the Falcons traded Ridley to the Jacksonville Jaguars for conditional 2023sixth-round and 2024 fourth-round picks. The 2023 pick can become a fifth-rounder if Ridley is reinstated and the 2024 pick can either become a third-round pick based on playing time or a second-round pick if he signs a long-term extension.[62]

It will be a 2nd rounder definitely. Dont think @dabears70 realizes that

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This isn’t the trade.

Still going to blow that Claypool for pick #32 pick away.

Now i have more people to add to Remy that would of rather of done the Claypool trade over the Ridley trade.