Official 2023 Training Camp thread

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If he's healthy he's target #2. Just my opinion based on what I read about camp.
Disagree............a healthy Mooney has been a solid #2 WR in the league and has more chemistry with Fields than Claypool. To be honest I hope they both have great season's and make it difficult for Poles to choose, if it comes down to that.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears currently have 9 players with injury listings. League average is 11+. So much for that narrative about too many injuries
I have no factual data to back up the opinion I am about to convey; I thus acknowledge that it is highly subjective. I think for me the injury alarms come from the apparent concentration of injuries along the offensive line. I mean everyone but Braxton Jones has missed time. Considering how critical that is for the team's success, it's troublesome.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Most of the posters on this board go to extreme to find a way to use the word "dick" in a reply or post.
Strange bunch of perverts!!!
I'm not sure what the dick you are dicking about. I haven't notice any excessive dickering on CCDickS.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I have no factual data to back up the opinion I am about to convey; I thus acknowledge that it is highly subjective. I think for me the injury alarms come from the apparent concentration of injuries along the offensive line. I mean everyone but Braxton Jones has missed time. Considering how critical that is for the team's success, it's troublesome.
Troublesome how?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Making a mistake in spending a 2nd on a WR is no reason to put an average at best WR high on any priority list other than cut candidates. What does Claypool bring to the table that a rookie 1st round WR wouldn't bring? What does Claypool bring that any other free agent WR next couldn't bring for similar or less money? What does Claypool bring to the table that Mooney doesn't already?

This coming offseason the Bear will keep money available for the potential number 2 WR across from Moore, but it won't be for Claypool.

6-4, 235 with 4.4 speed. How many rookies or vets have those measurables?

Remains to be seen if he puts it all together but that is why they traded for him.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
6-4, 235 with 4.4 speed. How many rookies or vets have those measurables?

Remains to be seen if he puts it all together but that is why they traded for him.
He will have to earn his next contract with the Bears, we get to see him. If he is the real deal, then you can compare his value to the assumed value of a rookie in the draft. Let the man play...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He will have to earn his next contract with the Bears, we get to see him. If he is the real deal, then you can compare his value to the assumed value of a rookie in the draft. Let the man play...
Seems like he's going to be another Alshon situation where the guy just can't get away from having multiple soft tissue injuries. Should of traded for C.Ridley.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seems like he's going to be another Alshon situation where the guy just can't get away from having multiple soft tissue injuries. Should of traded for C.Ridley.

So concerned about a guy with an injury history but should have traded for a guy with a mental health and gambling history. Makes sense.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Well I could be wrong...but I can't remember the Browns nor the Vikes ever really developing young Qb's. Maybe the Browns will develop Dorian Thompson-Robinson

You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shit. He sucks, some players just can’t be developed.
Yes...there are lousy players out there. The flip side.......
On any team....the scouts are tasked with finding good players i.e. diamonds in the rough. The coaches are in turn tasked with developing talent. If misses keep happening.....then somebody's not doing their job.
I gotta look up my analysis on Mond. I'm pretty sure I had him tabbed as a developmental prospect, not a starter

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yes...there are lousy players out there. The flip side.......
On any team....the scouts are tasked with finding good players i.e. diamonds in the rough. The coaches are in turn tasked with developing talent. If misses keep happening.....then somebody's not doing their job.
I gotta look up my analysis on Mond. I'm pretty sure I had him tabbed as a developmental prospect, not a starter
Dorian Thompson Robinson was a fluid athlete with good accuracy and pocket presence. Mond was a terrible qb who was a good athlete. You just happen to be fond of any qb of a certain ethnicity whether they suck or not.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It is worth pointing out that the same people screaming this were also bitching about the prior head coach not being intense enough when he sat starters in preseason.
Literally all you do year after year is bitch about what negative posters say.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
“should have” not should of

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dorian Thompson Robinson was a fluid athlete with good accuracy and pocket presence. Mond was a terrible qb who was a good athlete. You just happen to be fond of any qb of a certain ethnicity whether they suck or not.
Man he could run.! And wasn’t shitty like mond