Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Here comes the Pickett pumping just to discredit the WR you didnt think was worth drafting?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Trubisky is costing olshewski or however the fuck you spell it a spot on the team

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s just too big of a gamble for me. Dude has had gambling issues since his college days
He's only the better choice if they both fail which a silly thing to judge a trade by.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Let's start a rumor that Davis is retiring because Rodgers is a pain in the ass. It doesnt have to make sense to catch on.

Bad luck for them, though. Rodgers + a full stable of WRs is to be a nightmare in the AFCE. Davis and Wilson were going to be an incredible duo. Now they have one stud receiver and a couple former Packers who will have to put together a lot of great play to replace Davis.
Either that or start up the rumor that Davis was going to be traded to the Lions and he suddenly retired due to that

Speed

Liked Posts:
Up & down night for Richardson., against Eagles backups. Had a couple dime passes in there with some drops in there from his teammates. Wonky accuracy at times, as he threw 2 "almost INTs", and other balls where his guy never had a shot. Scrambling ability looks legit. It's gonna be a long season for the Colts. They're gonna have to be very patient with AR.

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
The Ridley trade was insanely superior to the Claypool trade. A 2nd round pick if he works out vs the top 2nd round pick with no strings attached?

I said it at the trade deadline I would have traded for Ridley easily. People forget how good he is, draft him in your fantasy league if nothing else.

Poles is just very conservative, or really the Bears in general. Any little character issue and they are out.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
When teams have a franchise QB on a rookie contract, that is the time to spend that money on the WR and RB...if Fields makes that jump, this will be the cheapest the Bears will ever have Fields. And while i am optimistic the Bears can potentially make a jump, but with two first round picks and the Carolina one could end up being in the top 10-15, the Bears could potentially fill those holes in the upcoming draft that could push them to a playoff team. I'm not saying that the Bears will be a Super Bowl contender next year, odds are they arent...but they do have a foundation to make that jump if Fields makes that jump.

The Eagles last year were +2200 to win the Super Bowl, and then Hurts made the jump with the addition of a top tier WR. If Fields takes that step, an offense with Fields, Moore, and Taylor can be a very strong offense. I'm tempering my expectations and waiting to see how this season plays out, but if Fields doesn't make that jump....having an overpriced RB is not going to be the reason the Bears are not making the playoffs.

And yes Taylor has some injury concern, but he was 5th in yards/game...a healthy Taylor makes this team a lot better.

And yes RB is the most replaceable position in the NFL, so just replace him when his cap number makes sense to get rid of him. Most teams dont spend on RB because their resources are limited, they either don't have the extra picks or the cap space, not often a team has both to take this shot without it completely destroying the team in some aspect. The Bears can take that shot without it killing their future.
Or don't sign Taylor and pick up one of the top 3 RBs in the 2024 draft with a 2nd or 3rd rounder, if needed.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Ridley trade was insanely superior to the Claypool trade. A 2nd round pick if he works out vs the top 2nd round pick with no strings attached?

I said it at the trade deadline I would have traded for Ridley easily. People forget how good he is, draft him in your fantasy league if nothing else.

Poles is just very conservative, or really the Bears in general. Any little character issue and they are out.

Except it wasn't the top 2nd round pick when the trade was made. And for as much bitching and complaining about Justin not having help last season, trading for a suspended WR would have accomplished what? Hilarious that a trade was "won" before a game has been played. Because if Claypool works out, who gives a shit. Still comes out the same. A 2nd for Claypool and a 2nd and 4th for Ridley

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Just did a 10 team PPR mock and picked up Ridley. My team ended up being:

QB J. Fields
RB1 A. Ekeler
RB2 J. Jacobs
WR1 C. Olave
WR2. C.Ridley
Flex: DJ Moore
TE D Njouke
D/ST 49ers
K J Tucker

Bench: Diontae Johnson, Tyler Lockett, Samaje Perine, Geno Smith, and Tyler Algier

I’d take that team and feel pretty good about it