Official 2023 Training Camp thread

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah - I kinda bounced approaching preseason game 2. Without fields and other starters playing, the forum has just devolved into dick-measuring contests. I bowed out and will be back for the reg season.
Be honest you were so shook and scared bears would be running more screen plays and can't handle that smoke.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because Claypool isn’t close to as talented. It was about more than those last few games of last season. The Steelers took the Bears overpay because they knew the pick would be higher, Poles knew this as well.

Yes the trade was won before a game has been played unless a tragedy or a miracle happen.

If he was so talented then why did the Falcons let him go for a 5th/conditional 2nd? You guys like to say the Steelers couldn't wait to get rid of Claypool and conveniently ignore that the Falcons did the same to Ridley.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Seems like he's going to be another Alshon situation where the guy just can't get away from having multiple soft tissue injuries. Should of traded for C.Ridley.
All I can find is Claypool missing one game in 2021 with a hamstring injury. Missed another with a toe injury that year. Missed two with the Bears with a knee injury.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure if I said this the last time you caped for Claypool, but I don't fault Poles for making a trade for a WR or even making a trade for Claypool. I understood why they made the trade. But it being a second round pick, much less the first pick in the second round, is what ended up making it a mistake. yes we can argue hindsight or whatever else to lessen the blow....but it still ended up being a mistake.

Again I do not fault Poles for taking the shot, but unless Claypool overtakes Mooney as the #2 and is a weapon that can take the pressure off Moore...I don't see how we can't look at that move and not call it a mistake.

The Niners are a super bowl contender despite blowing 3 first round picks on a 3rd string QB.

If Claypool helps Fields develop and the Bears are a contender then it really doesnt matter to me whether it is considered a mistake or not. Appreciate others may feel differently but think people getting lost in the trees and not seeing the first. The trade was less about Claypool and more about making sure Fields has professional WRs. Fields now had 3 legit starting caliber WRs where he had just 1 last year before the trade.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The Niners are a super bowl contender despite blowing 3 first round picks on a 3rd string QB.

If Claypool helps Fields develop and the Bears are a contender then it really doesnt matter to me whether it is considered a mistake or not. Appreciate others may frel differently but think people getting lost on the trees and not seeing the first. The trade was less about Claypool and more about making sure Fields has professional WRs.
The frustration is that it was beyond obvious to anyone with a brane that there wasnt enough help on offense going into the season. Poles did nothing in the off season which resulted in a desperation over pay.

He had an interview where he even stated the most important thing to develop a qb is getting him a WR. He didn’t even try.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The frustration is that it was beyond obvious to anyone with a brane that there wasnt enough help on offense going into the season. Poles did nothing in the off season which resulted in a desperation over pay.

He had an interview where he even stated the most important thing to develop a qb is getting him a WR. He didn’t even try.
Yes frustrated that he didnt rebuild the team in one offseason.

So you would prefer we overpaid for Kirk and miss out on the first pick?

Poles never claimed the most important thing was ANY WR or to find one in 2022. In the end Poles addressed WR just fine. Who are we saying was available better than Moore and Claypool.

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Yes frustrated that he didnt rebuild the team in one offseason.

So you would prefer we overpaid for Kirk and miss out on the first pick?

Poles never claimed the most important thing was ANY WR or to find one in 2022. In the end Poles addressed WR just fine. Who are we saying was available better than Moore and Claypool.
I regret responding in the first place and weren’t you throwing a bitch fit about discussing this like a month ago ? Yet here you are