Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't even believe we're to this fucking point with some of you. Trevor Lawrence just took his team to the playoffs in year two with Christian Kirk as his number one receiver. And you're acting like Justin Fields is better because he has better YouTube highlights?

Lawrence is already considered a top-8 QB in the NFL after year two.

This entire board is as fucking football stupid as I've ever seen.
Or, and hear me out now, Maybe everyone else is right and you're the one who's the biggest fucking idiot in the world.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Hopefully he plays RT better than he reads.
Point still stands. Gibbs could become Alvin Kamara, but they just passed on a RB who is elite in every aspect of the game, instead of just one.

Guess there is a reason they have been rebuilding for 70 years almost.

Technically you have to judge by Gibbs, LaPorta and Martin as that is who the Lions got as a result of the trade. Cards got Bijan and Williams given they used 81 from the Lions to move up to 72 as part of trade with Titans.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Tyrique Stevenson seems to be the one getting beat on a lot of these big plays reporters have been tweeting about over the past 3 days. Don't know how big of a deal that is yet, but something to monitor throughout pre-season.
What's the alternative? He shuts down DJ Moore and everyone freaks out that DJ is getting clowned by a rookie?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I can't even believe we're to this fucking point with some of you. Trevor Lawrence just took his team to the playoffs in year two with Christian Kirk as his number one receiver. And you're acting like Justin Fields is better because he has better YouTube highlights?

Lawrence is already considered a top-8 QB in the NFL after year two.

This entire board is as fucking football stupid as I've ever seen.
We're all old enough to remember when you talked about how great Trevor was out of the gate when in actuality his rookie season was just as bad as Fields.
You're clueless. Actually watching football will help with this but it seems pretty obvious that you either refuse to or dont know how. Maybe if Paula Deen came on screen and deep fried the Bears in pork fat, youd actually pay attention.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
They had a 19 point win over New England a year ago on the road. You also predicted they'd win 8 games last year while saying there was a possibility of up to 12 wins. Seems pretty rich asking someone else "how fucking dumb are you?".
I am sorry, guys, but I seem to be disagreeing with a lot of you today.

@DanielCCSBears was right asking someone, "how fucking dumb are you?" and he deserves an honest answer.

While most of us would be considered 0.001Daniels or less on the dumb meter, some comments deserve a 0.01Daniels on the dumb meter. Daniel, of course, is the standard for dumbness at 1.0Daniel and, for reference, BlackRainbow is a 1.25Daniels.

We cannot neglect what we write just because it is near impossible to reach even a 0.1Daniels on the dumb meter on any post. We deserve better and should expect better from our fellow posters, not just "better than Daniel".

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Also, I'd probably take Lawrence right now, but if Fields even develops into a mid tier passer in the NFL(he should) his upside is way higher.

Daniel/Biff is dumb as shit. Every bears fan I know is super amped for this season because of fields alone. He has the potential to be a player at the position the NFL has never seen, 4.4 speed with actual accuracy.
See that's the thing: it shouldn't be a controversial take to say that right now based on what they've been able to do that you'd take Lawrence over Fields. Nor is it a bad thing to say you'd want Fields right now. @DanielCCSBears fancies himself as an expert. He has all of the answers and us plebs out in the cheap seats should be grateful for his knowledge. Nobody knows anything, and trying to get in the minds of guys like Lawrence or Fields to see who has "it" is just a futile effort.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to celebrate a guy's career sucking balls but man, of that QB class at the time, i couldn't understand why anyone would take him or Wilson over Fields. Like, not even close, it was mind boggling to me. I thought Mac Jones was a better prospect than them even though his floor was much lower, and look 'em now.

Guess I got that one right. A broken clock is right twice a day. :fistpump:

msadows

Liked Posts:

It was always terrible as fuck. I understood taking Zach, because he had great tape but played garbage teams.

Lance played in the MVC, Fields played in the Big 10. Lance hadn't played in forever, except for one exhibition game he looked like trash in.

Fields played in the national championship.

They were legit the same type of player, but fields showed he could do it at a much higher level and was much more proven + polished.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to celebrate a guy's career sucking balls but man, of that QB class at the time, i couldn't understand why anyone would take him or Wilson over Fields. Like, not even close, it was mind boggling to me. I thought Mac Jones was a better prospect than them even though his floor was much lower, and look 'em now.

Guess I got that one right. A broken clock is right twice a day. :fistpump:

I liked wilson, but only because I thought the bears had ZERO shot at either lawrence or fields and believed the shanny/mac jones rumors.

The fact that fields wasn't the 2nd QB taken in that class seems crazy AF. It gives rodgers vibes where he slipped from being the #2 pick because teams were overthinking his technique.

Happens every year, to be fair, you just don't see it at the QB position very often.

Edit: I also feel bad for lance. If they have no use for the kid they should trade him.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I liked wilson, but only because I thought the bears had ZERO shot at either lawrence or fields and believed the shanny/mac jones rumors.

The fact that fields wasn't the 2nd QB taken in that class seems crazy AF. It gives rodgers vibes where he slipped from being the #2 pick because teams were overthinking his technique.

Happens every year, to be fair, you just don't see it at the QB position very often.

Edit: I also feel bad for lance. If they have no use for the kid they should trade him.
I appreciate you but you went hard in the paint for kyle trask