Official 2023 Training Camp thread

One Team

Liked Posts:

You have to appreciate this kind of self-awareness from Jaylon Johnson. Turnovers are the only thing holding him back from a big pay day, but that isn't a good enough reason not to extend him at all. He's a very good corner who apparently also seems to be a great teammate as well. Bears need to get this deal done.
Refreshing to hear from a player and that kind of humility is 'peanut ' like. Another positive sign for this team.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am sorry, guys, but I seem to be disagreeing with a lot of you today.

@DanielCCSBears was right asking someone, "how fucking dumb are you?" and he deserves an honest answer.

While most of us would be considered 0.001Daniels or less on the dumb meter, some comments deserve a 0.01Daniels on the dumb meter. Daniel, of course, is the standard for dumbness at 1.0Daniel and, for reference, BlackRainbow is a 1.25Daniels.

We cannot neglect what we write just because it is near impossible to reach even a 0.1Daniels on the dumb meter on any post. We deserve better and should expect better from our fellow posters, not just "better than Daniel".
Wow, you must of got a really good strain! Or was there a sale?

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am sorry, guys, but I seem to be disagreeing with a lot of you today.

@DanielCCSBears was right asking someone, "how fucking dumb are you?" and he deserves an honest answer.

While most of us would be considered 0.001Daniels or less on the dumb meter, some comments deserve a 0.01Daniels on the dumb meter. Daniel, of course, is the standard for dumbness at 1.0Daniel and, for reference, BlackRainbow is a 1.25Daniels.

We cannot neglect what we write just because it is near impossible to reach even a 0.1Daniels on the dumb meter on any post. We deserve better and should expect better from our fellow posters, not just "better than Daniel".
It was me. And just because I’m probably about .009, doesn’t mean the asshole can talk to me like that

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's a fair question but i'd still say Lawrence would have shown more in the passing game. Lets not forget just how good and how highly touted Lawrence was in college and coming into his draft. This kid is fucking legit. Great question though.
Why? He sucked at throwing until the team improved around him. Maybe, maybe not but there's clearly no given here.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
They had a 19 point win over New England a year ago on the road. You also predicted they'd win 8 games last year while saying there was a possibility of up to 12 wins. Seems pretty rich asking someone else "how fucking dumb are you?".
That was a Monday night game. I’m
faitly confident ole heavy tits was inhaling 15 lbs of mini weenies and a 5 gallon bucket of lard, not watching the game.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's how the talent level in the NFL is spread out. Very few teams are elite enough to be other teams by double digits. Yeah it happens but the vast majority of games are decided by a TD or less. The Bears are not so superior to the point that they beat the Packers by double digits.

It's not a negative take it's sound logic based on facts.
Over 30% of games have double digit wins. The average margin of victory has been around 10 points or more for years. Last year was a down one at 9.7 points.

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
Does year in and year out include all the years since 2017?

My memory goes back to Cunningham. Do you really want to compare the Eagles’ success to the sorry ass Bears over the last 30 years?

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So I try to engage and you respond like a 2 year old.
You asked why, which i don't even know what you're asking why to, so maybe you should let it be known what you're asking why to?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You asked why, which i don't even know what you're asking why to, so maybe you should let it be known what you're asking why to?
The first sentence in the post I responded to:
"That's a fair question but I'd still say Lawrence would have shown more in the passing game."

My response: "Why? He sucked at throwing until the team improved around him. Maybe, maybe not but there's clearly no given here."

Pretty fucking obvious from the response and now your doing that soft shoe disingenuous nonsense you do.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I wouldn't put much stock in training camp reports when the pads aren't even on yet. Lance is almost a full year younger than everyone else in that class and the reality is he only had about 500 passes in his high school and college career combined. The Niners did him a disservice drafting him so high and he needs reps. Having said that, I sure as hell am glad they passed on Fields and Pace finally did the smart thing.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't put much stock in training camp reports when the pads aren't even on yet. Lance is almost a full year younger than everyone else in that class and the reality is he only had about 500 passes in his high school and college career combined. The Niners did him a disservice drafting him so high and he needs reps. Having said that, I sure as hell am glad they passed on Fields and Pace finally did the smart thing.

Even when the pads come on. Unless he's lights out, its going to be an uphill battle to even get reps

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The dude has sucked with no pads against air. The pads coming on isn’t an advantage for him.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to celebrate a guy's career sucking balls but man, of that QB class at the time, i couldn't understand why anyone would take him or Wilson over Fields. Like, not even close, it was mind boggling to me. I thought Mac Jones was a better prospect than them even though his floor was much lower, and look 'em now.

Guess I got that one right. A broken clock is right twice a day. :fistpump:
Or, like Daniel, a slow clock can be right less than once a year. if that.