Official 2023 Training Camp thread

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Reps doesn't cure bad and splitting 2nd team reps with Sam Darnold isn't a path to better. How he ever got hyped into a 1st rd QB off of such limited tape is beyond me. One year of outstanding college production is rarely a great barometer( unfortunately, see Mitch Trubisky). How a low college level, minimal starts, year removed from playing QB goes #3 after trading 3 1st is criminal by the 49ers. And I can near guarantee Purdy is going to do a less douchey 2nd year Mac Jones-esque cliff dive this season.
The "low college level" stuff is nonsense. It's not like he went to a D3 school. He went to North Dakota St, the perennial top team in FCS, which is still Division 1 BTW. You also can't convince me that NDSU couldn't have beaten some of the terrible Power 5 programs over the last 5 years, that are consistently bad like Vanderbilt, Colorado, Rutgers, Kansas, etc. The same school previously put a top 2 pick at QB into the NFL and he put up an MVP caliber season until getting hurt in his 2nd/3rd year and has put several players into the NFL in general the last few years.

That is not to say that he should have gone top 3 and ahead of Fields and Mac Jones, but the NFL loves young talented guys, and he was a 20-year old QB, who was undefeated as a college starter, and had the big arm and all the athletic tools and was going to the best QB guru and playcaller in the league.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Bears and Justin Fields are up next on NFL Live on ESPN. Right now…

Orlovsky, Hasselback and Riddick were all extremely positive about Justin’s talent and ceiling.

Hasselback commenting on Justin’s imposing physical stature said “Fields looks like he could play defensive end.”

There was mention of the impressive, methodical nature that Poles is employing to build out the roster. Also, he received another pat on the back for the haul he received for the number one pick.

Last edited: