Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lost interest.
Or you just don't like that it all makes too much sense!? We won't know that answer unless you answer honestly........so i won't expect to know.

Thanks for reading.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Bears and Justin Fields are up next on NFL Live on ESPN. Right now…

Orlovsky, Hasselback and Riddick were all extremely positive about Justin’s talent and ceiling.

Hasselback commenting on Justin’s imposing physical stature said “Fields looks like he could play defensive end.”

There was mention of the impressive, methodical nature that Poles is employing to build out the roster. Also, he received another pat on the back for the haul he received for the number one pick.
I am against Justin playing defensive end, fyi.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The last time I witnessed Fields and Lawrence go head to head, they were each on stacked college teams.

The outcome would have been a knockout if it was boxing.

Fields absolutely looked like the superior player.
Two stacked teams but lets look at the WR's each had real quick.

Fields--C.Olave, Jameson Williams, JSB, Garrett Wilson.

Lawrence--Amari Rodgers, Cornell Powell (WHO) and.........................

I wouldn't use any single college game to pick between Fields and Lawrence, i would go off of what i've seen up to this point in the NFL.

Lawrence put up some pretty damn nice stats in that game though.

Now that Clemson defense was very good so love what Fields was able to do against them in a big game.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Two stacked teams but lets look at the WR's each had real quick.

Fields--C.Olave, Jameson Williams, JSB, Garrett Wilson.

Lawrence--Amari Rodgers, Cornell Powell and.........................

I wouldn't use any single college game to pick between Fields and Lawrence, i would go off of what i've seen up to this point in the NFL.

Lawrence put up some pretty damn nice stats in that game though.

Now that Clemson defense was very good so love what Fields was able to do against them in a big game.

Williams went to Bama

Don't discount Etienne with Lawerence. He may be a RB but he was absolutely a dual threat.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Williams went to Bama

Don't discount Etienne with Lawerence. He may be a RB but he was absolutely a dual threat.
Williams transferred to Bama after he couldn’t get many snaps at tOSU.

EDIT: he had 15 catches in 10 games over two seasons in Columbus. So on second thought, yeah, he’s a bad example being used.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Williams went to Bama

Wiiliams transferred from Ohio St to Bama and played in that Ohio St vs Clemson game (3 catches, 62 yds and 1 TD). Even with Etienne, who i love, Ohio St was way better at WR.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guy legit showed nothing to make me want him as a backup even.

This is going to go down as one of the biggest draft blunders of all time, mostly because of what SF gave up for him and how ready they were to win now.

They could have just traded for stafford and probably won a superblow.
Something tells me 49ers won't catch as much grief as the Bears did for their move for Trubisky. Pretty sure Bears got a way better return and gave up a hell of a lot less. Just need Fields to dominate like we all believe he will.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Can't see MIN trading him within the division. If they did, you can bet the Bears would have to fork over a lot more than what they'd ask from other teams in order to secure a trade. I'd rather focus on signing Yannik and or checking in on Chase Young.
So why is Min so willing to trade him??

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Even when the pads come on. Unless he's lights out, its going to be an uphill battle to even get reps

They are rotating snaps at 2nd string. I doubt they let Purdy play much during preseason so he will get a lot of game snaps I bet.

Even when the pads come on. Unless he's lights out, its going to be an uphill battle to even get reps

It is the Niners D ie arguably best in the NFL. All the QBs have struggled really.

IMG-20230729-WA0003.jpg

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
There has been quite a bit of anti Velus Jones rhetoric on this board. It sounds like he’s worked incredibly hard to get better but most of all comfortable in his role and knowledge of the offense.

Also, he’s been putting in the work to improve as a punt returner which was an obvious weakness last season.

He really flashed as a kick returner last season. If he blossoms this year as a punt returner and receiver, the Bears become even more difficult to defend this season. His size and speed have to be respected if he’s utilizing those tools effectively.

Here’s some highlights from a Fishbain piece on him from The Athletic:

“It really set me free when I stopped worrying about what everybody had to think about me.”

He had a 44-yard catch against the Billsin Week 16. He ran for a 42-yard touchdown against the Vikings in Week 18. And he finished third in the NFL in kickoff returns, averaging 27.59 yards per return.

“I would say it was close to the end of the season when I was still stressed out, thinking about things in the past,” he said. “But there’s nothing you can do about that. I finished the season on a high note. Had a touchdown in the last game of the season. I just told myself, ‘Have fun. Play football.’”

And…

But Jones also wants to win back that punt-return job.

During the offseason, he did the standard work of catching punts off a JUGS machine, but then he visited Bears punter Trenton Gill in North Carolina. Gill was joined by a few other NFL punters, and Jones spent days catching punts, focusing on “beating the ball to the point.”

On his last day with the punters, he caught 110 balls and dropped only two.

“Just look the ball in, beat the ball to the spot, because when I catch it, honestly,” Jones paused, before adding, “I feel like I’m the best returner in the league.”

More at this link:

After Walter Payton's rookie year, whoever thought he would have the career he had? My thoughts are what a player is in his 3rd year, is the player he is.....if he doesn't show what he's got by then,,,,he's not going to show it...........Payton's first game was 8 carries for NO YARDS and he had around 200 by mid-season. Not the start of a HOF carrer........to add I'm a big fan of VJJ making it, along with Scott and Roshon.

Last edited: