Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I mean, isn't it bad that he can't even hold up when its NOT padded and they AREN'T hitting?

What, you counting on the pads to weigh him down so he doesn't get pushed around so much? :ROFLMAO:
I dont have high hopes for Braxton, but I also realize that without pads, it limits a lot of what he can do and therefore these practices don't mean a whole lot for OL or DL.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I dont have high hopes for Braxton, but I also realize that without pads, it limits a lot of what he can do and therefore these practices don't mean a whole lot for OL or DL.
When you hear professionals talk about OL, you'll hear the word "pads" a lot. Pad level. Getting underneath someone's pads. Lineman try to use the pads to control the direction of who theyre blocking.

Maybe MJY would understand if he spent less time sucking off a clout chasing loser with no real insight into hot football works?

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
"Has Fields made a big jump forward with his timing and rhythm? "

"I don't know that I'd say that."

"There's still room to grow"

"I think that's a work in progress"

- Brad Biggs this morning on the radio

Mentioned a lot of checks downs to RB's on 7 on 7 and that those guys probably aren't the primary read. Also mentioned Fields obviously isn't using his legs at this point in camp.

(Those quotes were taken from a longer conversation but Brad doesn't seem to be super positive right now. No overly negative... but definitely not drinking the kool aid like many reporters)
I think it's positive that he is checking down to running backs. Even if they are not the primary read, he needs the reps and practice taking the easy throws and building the timing and hopefully by the end of training camp he has reached a balance and is a more complete QB because of it.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Imagine how many people ESPN fired but elected to keep this windbag…
My thoughts of SAS and ESPN in general aside, he's actually correct on this one. This is very fair and reasonable. His reasoning isnt so much that Justin Fields cant be an MVP but that he wont be because of the team. Fields got an MVP vote but he wont be in the convo barring a bunch of players and units taking major steps forward. I simply dont see them winning nearly enough to where he becomes a part of that conversation.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Finally the offense has good news today.
I'm lovin' it.......like to see this ALL season.... ball out in 2 seconds, JF throwing AS player makes his move, NOT AFTER.... Pinpoint accuracy.....Running game rollin'....and the "go deep" now and then......imo....this will shatter an opponents "mojo" by the 4th quarter. But I'll stay in reality right now....this is 1 play in 1 practice. But....it has to start SOMEWHERE!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
My thoughts of SAS and ESPN in general aside, he's actually correct on this one. This is very fair and reasonable. His reasoning isnt so much that Justin Fields cant be an MVP but that he wont be because of the team. Fields got an MVP vote but he wont be in the convo barring a bunch of players and units taking major steps forward. I simply dont see them winning nearly enough to where he becomes a part of that conversation.
For me it’s the presentation more than the message. It’s just tough to listen to the guy.

I don’t get his appeal.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Oh yeah, the loud and angry delivery. If he isnt screaming then how will the half drunk, half asleep people at the airport hear him?
I feel like ESPN will have to change it's name to something else if they ever dump Stephen A at this point. It's pretty much his channel now as they've asked him to chime in on everything, haven't they? He was probably out there talking about how Connor Bedard is overrated. Maybe not but probably.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm obviously one that gets involved in the wrong stuff on here but i just hope you and other mods notice that it's not only that one single person involved that starts these stupid back and forths like you did with @DanielCCSBears. The guy is clearly a douche bag but he doesn't start many of the back and forths he gets into but gets blamed and banned for them anyway.

Thanks

We are not in kindergarten

The "he started it" defense is fuckin stupid. Everyone is responsible for their own behavior.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I feel like ESPN will have to change it's name to something else if they ever dump Stephen A at this point. It's pretty much his channel now as they've asked him to chime in on everything, haven't they? He was probably out there talking about how Connor Bedard is overrated. Maybe not but probably.
I think its wild how they put some of these people out there as experts, expecting them to sound informed on all sports. Its hard enough to truly be informed in one sport. let alone the big 4 plus MMA, tennis and golf. He has been caught multiple times mentioning players who werent on the team he was talking about or guys that were injured and not playing.

When ESPNs general audience shows they want to informed, maybe ESPN will be too.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I think its wild how they put some of these people out there as experts, expecting them to sound informed on all sports. Its hard enough to truly be informed in one sport. let alone the big 4 plus MMA, tennis and golf. He has been caught multiple times mentioning players who werent on the team he was talking about or guys that were injured and not playing.

When ESPNs general audience shows they want to informed, maybe ESPN will be too.
That last part is the key as far as I’m concerned. It’s prevalent not just in sports news either.

People seem to value gossip and easy to digest infotainment over actual news and analysis.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
People seem to value gossip and easy to digest infotainment over actual news and analysis.
Meh. I think that number is only decreasing more every single day. ESPN just had to lay off a whole bunch of people cause less and less people give a flying fuck about what they're saying.