CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just an example of what coaches want you to do on offense in training camp so you guys can stop cunting

“I thought Bryce had a good today in the red zone. You know, when you get down there—really tight windows, right? As we all know. And so, we’re at a stage where you have to try things out. Like, we’re gonna tell him, ‘Hey, challenge yourself. See if you can put the ball in that place, in that window, against that coverage. We need to find those things out now. What are we comfortable with? Did you like the way he ran that route?’

“So, I thought Bryce did a great job at that today as did all the quarterbacks. And you throw enough down there, you’re gonna have some good ones and some bad ones. But I thought it was a good day.”

Canth

Liked Posts:
Sadly I think they’re laying off the ones who report substance and keeping the ones who have nothing but speculation and conjecture.

They have kept blowhard Stephen A Smith, Mr. “I’m Just Playing To The Live Crowd” Marty Smith, and Pat “This is Really Aaron’s Show” McAfee.

Fans are at least partly to blame for things like this though - as they are watching and talking about the blowhards. If you want those guys to go away, don't watch and talk talk about them.

If you want the guys with more substance to stick around, watch their stuff, read their articles and talk about their videos and articles.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Our secondary seems like it could be very good with any kind of pass rush. In the middle things seem to be shaping up. Losing Roquan sucked, but Edmunds may end up being a better fit for the kind of D Flus wants to run. Tall and rangy, baby Urlacheresque. Excited about Dexter. If he ends up being a player, interior pressure would be a huge boost. Still worried about the edge a bit.

The awesome news is we've got a bunch of ammunition in terms of cash and draft capital to fill any gaps next year.

I really like the trajectory. But the obvious million dollar question is if Field's is "the guy" (define that however you want).

If yes, everything gets infinitely easier. If no, resources get spent on chasing a replacement and hoping for the best. Again.

I'm 75-80% in on Fields.

I agree and if you think about it, our secondary -should- now be pretty good. You now have 4 2nd round picks in the secondary and 1 former All-pro safety who seems to be rejuvenated.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just an example of what coaches want you to do on offense in training camp so you guys can stop cunting

“I thought Bryce had a good today in the red zone. You know, when you get down there—really tight windows, right? As we all know. And so, we’re at a stage where you have to try things out. Like, we’re gonna tell him, ‘Hey, challenge yourself. See if you can put the ball in that place, in that window, against that coverage. We need to find those things out now. What are we comfortable with? Did you like the way he ran that route?’

“So, I thought Bryce did a great job at that today as did all the quarterbacks. And you throw enough down there, you’re gonna have some good ones and some bad ones. But I thought it was a good day.”
No. Bryce a bust. So is Fields.

Time to get Gay4Maye2024

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
So after 2 days of padded practice is the sky no longer falling with Braxton Jones? Seems like I’m not seeing his name in the tweets posted here
The CHGO guys were talking about how concerning it has been to watch the Bears DL dominate the OL early in camp, and they specifically mentioned Braxton Jones as a guy who continues to struggle with the things he was bad at last year.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
The CHGO guys were talking about how concerning it has been to watch the Bears DL dominate the OL early in camp, and they specifically mentioned Braxton Jones as a guy who continues to struggle with the things he was bad at last year.
Early in camp today or early in camp a week or so ago?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Braxton isn’t the guy OT is supposed to be loaded this year in the draft. Way more than just the Penn State kid.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Early in camp today or early in camp a week or so ago?
They weren't specific, but I'm assuming mostly since the pads came on, because it's hard to gauge much of anything with both sides of the line when they aren't allowed to be physical. For Braxton, they mentioned him talking about his focus on getting better with his hand placement, and then one of the guys brought up a couple of examples in practice where that part of his game is still an area where it looks like he continues to struggle.

Small sample size so far, but the early news on the OL hasn't been great. I've been seeing Darnell Wright's name pop up every now and then for missed blocks, but I sort of expect some of those ups and downs with him as a rookie.

Last edited:

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
No, they haven't, the Bears have only had two practices in pads, and for the most part, Jones, Jenkins, and Wright have been looking good. Although Wright has been beaten a couple of times on speed rushes.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wonder how much something like that costs- a couple of million maybe? I was joking with my wife with what we'd build if we had hit the $1B Megamillions a couple of days back.

It just makes me wonder what other teams facilities look like. People rave about the Bears facilities. Curious what a shitty one looks like.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
No, they haven't, the Bears have only had two practices in pads, and for the most part, Jones, Jenkins, and Wright have been looking good. Although Wright has been beaten a couple of times on speed rushes.
You would be incorrect. Here's the clip I'm talking about:

Starting at 33:20, Hoge and Nicholas Moreano both talk about the struggles of the OL.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You would be incorrect. Here's the clip I'm talking about:

Starting at 33:20, Hoge and Nicholas Moreano both talk about the struggles of the OL.
Specifically they were talking about two days in pads when the whole D has been ahead of the O. At several points, the conversation circled the context of the give-and-take of camp. Neither the O or D has dominated consistently so there's not a reason to panic. It's just something to watch to see how the offense responds.

If you listen to the Getsy (and even Fields') presser, it's about more than who is winning individual reps. Getsy is challenging the O with what they're installing. They're no longer scripted so the offense has to adjust (like they would in-game) to the play calls coming in. They're still very much in the process.

I'm much more concerned about injuries on the OL right now. Hopefully we'll hear something about the status of Jenkins and Davis.