Official 2023 Training Camp thread

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Those were just the first two names off the top of my head. I could have asked about Jalen Hurts and Lamar Jackson, and it wouldn't have changed anything about the question.

All I'm wondering is how many INT's do some of these other quarterbacks in the league throw on a daily basis in practice compared to Justin Fields, because knowing that would give me a better idea of where my concern level should be since I'm not as locked in on how other teams are practicing as much as I am with the Bears. That's all. Fields threw a lot of picks in practice last year and wound up being 2nd in INT%. The trend, at least so far in training camp, feels like it's continuing.
I don't believe you can make much of practice stats, the qbs are trying things out and the defense knows the plays. It is a fools errand to try and glean insight from the process. Just hope for no injuries and next week we will see how they look against the Titans...

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good try, kek

Make sure to copy an excuses list for this season cause you may need it. Just copy / paste so you don't have to re-type the same excuses every week. It's all about efficiency.

kthxbye!
Kind of like you copy and paste the Ohio state QB list every day?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Some here are more offended than Justin was.
There wasnt even anything to be offended by either. He asked a pretty straightforward question that for some reason Justin was confused by. It honestly was Justin's dumbest moment imo, until he actually gave some real insight to what is going on. I think he should be checked for a concussion.

Very timely question too. Every season we as Bears fans question "Is the defense good or does the offense suck?" The offense always sucks but sometimes the defense is good! Everyone deflects offensive struggles to "iron sharpens iron" and related cliches. When is that last time that has proven true? I know as i've been following the past couple days, i've asked myself is the defense surprisingly good or are we having more of the same Bears offensive camp struggles that we've had almost every single year of my life?

Potash asking Justin to explain how the defense being good can make him as a QB and their offense better. Simply put, what are you learning out there when the defense is getting the better of you?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There wasnt even anything to be offended by either. He asked a pretty straightforward question that for some reason Justin was confused by. It honestly was Justin's dumbest moment imo, until he actually gave some real insight to what is going on. I think he should be checked for a concussion.

Very timely question too. Every season we as Bears fans question "Is the defense good or does the offense suck?" The offense always sucks but sometimes the defense is good! Everyone deflects offensive struggles to "iron sharpens iron" and related cliches. When is that last time that has proven true? I know as i've been following the past couple days, i've asked myself is the defense surprisingly good or are we having more of the same Bears offensive camp struggles that we've had almost every single year of my life?

Potash asking Justin to explain how the defense being good can make him as a QB and their offense better. Simply put, what are you learning out there when the defense is getting the better of you?

Honestly I love Postie and defend him as much as anyone here… but I was confused by the question too.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
The reality is that JF1 and this O may turn out to be crap. As hard as that is to write, in time, that could very well end up being true. Wanting them to be good is not the same as them actually being good. But anyone drawing conclusions and talking ish this early deserves to be called out for being an agenda driven idiot. Its simply too early

That's my beef with Mark Potash

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

To be fair to Justin and the offense I do give merit to the idea the defense knows the plays. When Brisker makes a play on the ball, turns, and then yells at Getsy to call something different it’s kinda telling in my opinion.

That being said, I imagine that’s the case at all training camps, or at least a good bit of them too.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish I had some sort of way to gauge the frequency with which other QB's around the league are throwing INT's in practice to know whether or not I should be worried about Fields. You saw it alot with Trubisky, and you saw it alot with Cutler, and then in the regular season, it continues.. I'm just saying. Is Rodgers throwing 2-3-4 picks in every practice at Jets camp? Is Mahomes?

dawg, you gotta chill

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This defensive secondary has a a lot of playmakers.
And Terrell Smith is getting valuable reps, if not competing for a starting job. The fact that you could have Jaylon, Gordon (who's having a great camp), and then 2 rookies who are being battle tested against each other and DJ Moore.....not to mention, Jackson and Brisker, this could be a really good defensive backfield.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Maybe if the bears offense went against a college team and scored on every single drive that would help them. Sound logic. Potash has it figured it out.